Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default slow internet and downloads consistantly failing

Hi there,

I have searched it would seem everywhere and I have yet to resolve this problem. I'm gonna tell you the whole story so you know exactly what I've tried and what the contributing factors were. Quite a tedious read but I'm at the last millimeters of my fuse and this problem is becoming quite rediculous now so if anyone could help me I'll be forever in your debt {within reason of course ;o)}

It all started when my boyfriend downloaded some 'freeware' using my phone from a site where developers upload programs for the general public which they, themselves,have created. However, every one of these zipped folders were infected with a very unique kind of bug. Once you have extracted the files from the zipped folder everytime you click on the files they begin to change (file name, size, type, files move to other folders of their own accord, etc) at random and right before your eyes. Obviously the bug spread and his laptop became riddled (he transferred the downloads over and extracted them once they were on his laptop and he only noticed the problem after quite a while) I use his laptop as well to back up all the stuff on my media card to keep my phone (Bold 9780) uncluttered. After unpluggging my phone my internet began playing up. I could no longer download anything over 1mb! My App World also would not load any new apps to browse after an unspecified point. We realised the problem and had to wipe my phone and start again from scratch. All was well again.
    However, somehow my phone ended up getting plugged into the laptop a second time and my sim card was fried by iether the laptop or the virus! I had to change service providers from Cell C to Vodacom PrePaid when I purchased a new sim card.

I began experiencing the same troubles, only this time slightly worse. My internet was now very slow and I could download absolutetly nothing as my download rate never went over 14 KB/s (sometimes even slowing down to a couple hundred B/s!) This obviously caused my downloads to fail. I wiped my phone again and still I battle with this problem.

This is what I've tried so far:
    >I've deleted my Browser Service Book (this worked for about 30mins and the problem returned)
    >I've deleted the Browser Service Book 2 (with the same results)
    >I've tried the Advanced Settings»Service Book» Hold 'alt' and type SBEB (several times with no changes)
    >I've reregistered on my network(several times with no changes)
    >I've pulled my battery (several times with no changes)
    >I've restarted my phone (several times with no changes)
    >I've installed Opera Mini (the problem is the same with the new app)
    >I've deleted and reinstalled AppWorld (no change)
    >I've cleared my internet 'clutter' (while in browser»bb menu button»options»clear browsing data»selected passwords, history & cache)
    »I've deleted all unnecessary apps on my phone
    »Considered updating my OS but I already have the latest OS 6.0.0.294 platform 6.5.0.54
    »I've even scanned my BB with my brother's PC antivirus - Bitdefender

My internet did work perfectly for a short time after I replaced my sim and changed my service provider to Vodacom but quickly resorted back to it's old habits. After those brief few days of perfection it hasn't improved but hasn't gotten any worse over time iether (which is why I hesitate to blame the 'virus' because the virus' presence and symptoms grows everytime a file which has been contaminated is opened or 'looked at')

At this point I'm not sure there is a solution that I haven't come across as yet but I'm hoping that after this loooooong explanation you guys will know what to do to fix my slow connection, lazy downloads which cause my download to eventually fail every time and my faulty app world that tells me there are more available options but refuses to load even though it looks like it has loaded more for me to browse and gives every appearence that it was successful, nothing new has been made available.

Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

Kind regards,

The Long-Winded Scribe ;o)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

okay, first of all, that laptop's virus cannot and will not have any effect on your blackberry. Second of all, you can use another carrier's OS, by downloading the device software, installing it (look at the sticky at the top of this forum, or search for 6.0.0.668), searching for the vendor.xml file on your computer, including hidden and system files, subfolders too, starting from C:\ and beyond. Then use Apploader to update the device software. You can also use bbsak.com :: this domain is for sale to wipe and then update the OS. Remember, clean up the laptop by doing a factory restore (if it says PRESS Fxx TO START PRODUCT RECOVERY or PRESS Fxx TO START FACTORY RESTORE), or use the windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 disk to reinstall windows after formatting the hard disk. If you have your files (excluding any EXE files) already backed up, you could restore them after getting it setup again, THEN update your blackberry's device software.

Hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry

Hi, I'm using blackberry curve 8900 and I have an old version of Nimbuzz, it offers me to upgrade it to new version, when I try to upgrade the downloading fails in middle due to slow internet (I guess). Can anyone tell me or arrange me '.jad' file of Nimbuzz 1.50 for Os4.6. The problem of slow internet can't be solved cuz I live in Pakistan and 3G connection isn't available here.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Syed Johar View Post
    Hi, I'm using blackberry curve 8900 and I have an old version of Nimbuzz, it offers me to upgrade it to new version, when I try to upgrade the downloading fails in middle due to slow internet (I guess). Can anyone tell me or arrange me '.jad' file of Nimbuzz 1.50 for Os4.6. The problem of slow internet can't be solved cuz I live in Pakistan and 3G connection isn't available here.
    Do you happen to have a wifi hotspot near by?
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)