Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Shortcut to folder disappears from home screen

Hello

I recently installed a BBM Popup application which I love using, however these application types require saving chat history to the device in order for them to work. Unfortunately, the only feature missing from this Popup app is a "clean history" feature & being a person who needs to keep her beloved BB Bold 9780 clean from clutter at all times, I searched for my chat history folder, chose "Add to Home Screen", checked "Make favorite" & clicked add for easy access/cleaning. The problem I'm having now is the folder disappears from the home screen every time I need to restart my BB. Also, it doesn't seem to matter if the folder is on the Device or Media Card because I tested from both & the same thing happens Is there a reason why it won't remain on the home screen? Is there a way to fix this? It's so annoying to have to do this over & over again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

So I assume no one knows why this keep happening?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

No idea what you are talking about. May take some guesswork out if you name the program you are using for the pop-ups and maybe use the apps forum to ask other people who use the exact app.

As to deleting the chat history. Do you mean BBM chat? I know that Advanced OS and LED does have an option to delete the chat history. It also has a lot of extra features which may also cover your pop-up thing. (You'll be surprised how many apps you can throw out which are are all covered by Advanced OS and LED. I first picked it up as an alternative to BeBuzz when they started to steal\spam my personal data. And I have been very impressed by the tool.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Hello, Thank you for your reply. I'm using Popup For BBM v. 1.0 by Funda. And yes I mean BBM chat. I checked on the app you mentioned but honestly I don't know if I need all that for this small problem. I've decided to delete it the normal way via BBM > Options > Menu > Delete Complete History :') If I get too frustrated I'll surely download Advanced OS and LED
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

If you regularly plug your phone in to a computer to access the memory card, you can also delete it by hand there. Look in the Blackberry\IM\ folder and you'll see a history folder. Delete the files in there as these are the chat logs. The .csv is the currrent one, the .old is the backup.