Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default service currently available?

I just bought a second hand blackberry of a friend.

I updates the os to the latest one and have done a backup reload but for some reason i cannot make any phone calls.
    I have full network bars and the connection seems fine but i cant send no calls or texts. It says service currently available.

When i try to activate my enterprise email it says activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable.

What is going on?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,786 Global Posts

Are you on the same mobile network as the previous owner? If not, is your phone unlocked?
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have been told it is unlocked.

I can use the internet and bbm on the phone which doesnt seem to be an issue. It shows my network carrier at the top and the full network bars and if i check service status is says mobile network o2 -uk and coverage- 3G. How ever i cannot make no calls or texts. If i check mobile voice the status is un available and connection is not connected.

I have not been able to register my email address on enterprise email the reply i get is activation failed. An error was encountered when sending the activation transmission. The phone seems to be registered to the wireless provider fine as when i go onto host and register now i get a msg saying your handheld has been registered.

Im confused, the set up for my first blackberry was a doddle and i dont understand why this is not working.
    CrackBerry Genius

I would suggest calling your provider. Every time i switch blackberry phone i would call my provider and let them know. And i want my data plan and such on the new phone. Within just about 5 minutes on the phone with them, everything works fine and i can continue to do what i do.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,786 Global Posts

You're trying to activate an enterprise email...do you have BES or a BIS plan?
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport, Classic