Security policy and other stuff
I have just bought a secondhand 9780 which is locked to Vodafone.
There are a couple of problems I have found and am looking for help with please.
Whenever I try to open facebook or twitter, a message is displayed that says "This application has been blocked by your corporate system administrator. Contact your system administrator for more information".
Also, there is no way to disable the screen-lock function, because I cant take the tick out of the box - it is shaded out!
Is there any way I can restore the phone back to its original factory condition and / or totally unlocked?
Last edited by capers1962; 02-09-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
- BlackBerry Diva
02-09-2013, 08:34 PM #3
- 8,186 Posts
First, you need BlackBerry Desktop Manager 6.1 on your PC.
Get the file here ====> Archived RIM Desktop Software - BlackBerry Forums Support Community
Do a backup of your phone to your computer, because you will be doing a complete wipe to remove the IT policy.
Then follow the steps from the thread linked below: DO NOT PANIC OR DISCONNECT YOUR PHONE FROM THE COMPUTER DURING THE WIPE AND RESTORE!!
IT WILL TAKE AROUND AN HOUR, SO DON'T TRY IT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO WAIT.
Remove IT Policy using BB Desktop Manager
THEN COME BACK AND SAY IT WORKED AND SAY THANK YOU.
- By MCope in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 0Last Post: 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM
- By stevem999 in forum Other Carriers WorldwideReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2009, 04:07 AM
- By gussington in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 02-26-2009, 05:57 AM
- By CXXXV in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2009, 09:35 AM
- By Braunt01 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 7Last Post: 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM