03-21-13 09:28 PM
- I have a serious problem with my charger, when its plugged into the wall its making Whizzing sounds like electrical noise. it charges the phone but makes these new sounds now, I changed the phone again for the 3rd time today due to some issues which could not be fixed with OS Reload or battery pull, now when I plugged in to charge the new phone for the first time its giving me this weird noise.
Can I change just the charger or do I have to go to rogers and exchange the entire phone?
P.S it was purchased at future shop12-05-10 10:04 PM
- I changed the phone today so they gave me everything new , so new phone, case, charger, headphones etc... I am 99.99% sure their is something wrong with it... its making an electrical noise and it wont go away, I will have to call rogers or go back to future time for the 4th time now,12-05-10 11:27 PM
- 12-06-10 04:37 AM
- no problem with the outlets lol, I tried everything before posting here,
this is my 3rd 9780 now and the others did not have this electrical noise coming from them, when the tv is off you can clearly hear it so I am not paranoid.
I will have to go to futureshop (4th time now) to have this checked and exchanged.12-06-10 08:55 AM
- I lost my wall charger a long time ago and I'm using a USB that plugs into an outlet and it makes a high pitched whining noise. I can only hear it if I hold my breath and clear my mind, though. Definitely don't think it's worth running to the carrier and exchanging the phone.12-06-10 02:32 PM
- It's unlikely it's the device at all, especially considering you're on your third unit. As suggested try another charger or even a different outlet. Otherwise just take your device and charger and try charging it in a Rogers store to troubleshoot with them. Saw a customer do just that last week.12-06-10 03:11 PM
- I have three of the chargers (I bought two extra so I'm never without one). They all make a faint electrical "whizzz whizzz" sound that I can hear when the room is quiet and other computers, fans, monitors etc are off.
I think it's perfectly normal. I wouldn't dare sleep with a blackberry or any electronic device close to my head anyway (I use a travel alarm clock instead of a plug-in clock radio). So I charge my 9780 in another room overnight.12-16-10 09:45 PM
- actually almost every chrager makes a noise.....what she dont recognize is that its a transmission interferance. look and read the fcc warning on all electrical. its normal....if you listen closely to any charger you will here it....its just something around you....changing your phone, battery and charger was pointless03-21-13 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD