CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problem with charger making Whizzing sound

I have a serious problem with my charger, when its plugged into the wall its making Whizzing sounds like electrical noise. it charges the phone but makes these new sounds now, I changed the phone again for the 3rd time today due to some issues which could not be fixed with OS Reload or battery pull, now when I plugged in to charge the new phone for the first time its giving me this weird noise.

Can I change just the charger or do I have to go to rogers and exchange the entire phone?

P.S it was purchased at future shop
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=977

Free full-body clear sheild, $2.85 shipped to your door, no tax
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

No charger should ever make any kind of noise. Is it the same charger you used before and did it make noises? Me personally, get another charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I changed the phone today so they gave me everything new , so new phone, case, charger, headphones etc... I am 99.99% sure their is something wrong with it... its making an electrical noise and it wont go away, I will have to call rogers or go back to future time for the 4th time now,

CrackBerry Master

PIN
    up grrrrrl

If youve changed out the phone and the charger all ready my guess is that it's something with your outlets.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    private

Quote Originally Posted by CatAlex View Post
    If youve changed out the phone and the charger all ready my guess is that it's something with your outlets.

Yes, please get this looked at immediately! While it could be nothing, you wouldn't want to let it go, and have it short-circuit in the middle of the night, starting an electrical fire inside the walls!
    Notches on my BlackBerry belt: (2003-present)
    7290 ☆ 7100 ☆ 8700 (x3) ☆ 8800 ☆ 8100 ☆ 8300 ☆ 9520 ☆ 8900 ☆ 9000 (x3) ☆ 9700 (x2) ☆ 9780 ☆ 9800 ☆ 8520 ☆ 9900 ☆ 9810 + Playbook ☆
    ★ Today: Q5 [white] ★
    My CB Feedback
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

no problem with the outlets lol, I tried everything before posting here,

this is my 3rd 9780 now and the others did not have this electrical noise coming from them, when the tv is off you can clearly hear it so I am not paranoid.

I will have to go to futureshop (4th time now) to have this checked and exchanged.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    PIN
    the tail...

I lost my wall charger a long time ago and I'm using a USB that plugs into an outlet and it makes a high pitched whining noise. I can only hear it if I hold my breath and clear my mind, though. Definitely don't think it's worth running to the carrier and exchanging the phone.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

It's unlikely it's the device at all, especially considering you're on your third unit. As suggested try another charger or even a different outlet. Otherwise just take your device and charger and try charging it in a Rogers store to troubleshoot with them. Saw a customer do just that last week.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default They all do it

I have three of the chargers (I bought two extra so I'm never without one). They all make a faint electrical "whizzz whizzz" sound that I can hear when the room is quiet and other computers, fans, monitors etc are off.

I think it's perfectly normal. I wouldn't dare sleep with a blackberry or any electronic device close to my head anyway (I use a travel alarm clock instead of a plug-in clock radio). So I charge my 9780 in another room overnight.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

I took it to future shop and they gave me an aftermarket rocket fish or something charger which works great, does not overheat and has no noise what so ever...

CrackBerry Newbie

actually almost every chrager makes a noise.....what she dont recognize is that its a transmission interferance. look and read the fcc warning on all electrical. its normal....if you listen closely to any charger you will here it....its just something around you....changing your phone, battery and charger was pointless