Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

combo 666 with 668 or 668sfi+cods not significant movement can feel it.
    i have installed it and so far is good no stuttering no flickering or any annoyed problems
    that is also efficient power consumption,
    clean and smooth os just like upgrading new performance for my device 9780
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    That settles it, I'm blowing it away and going BELL's official 666 gonna try that one for the week. I just can't deal with it anymore.
    Let us know if that works better for you. I may try the Bell 666 SFI with 668 OS package. Is the SFI the radio file/would that make sense to try?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    NED UNDER JEEP

Quote Originally Posted by dataiv View Post
    Let us know if that works better for you. I may try the Bell 666 SFI with 668 OS package. Is the SFI the radio file/would that make sense to try?

Happy to report, after my reloading the .666 OS, my signal is much much better. not dropping at all. I've been on it all day from my home office and it's been bullet proof thus far. no having to get up and run around for signal. Very happy. Had 2 conference calls and a ton of calls. So I thought I'd take the quick min to update you guys.

It's now performing as "good" as my 9900 for signal. No issues so far.

Those who walk with their spirit,
    Have a comfortable pair of shoes.
    and a blackberry
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
    Happy to report, after my reloading the .666 OS, my signal is much much better. not dropping at all. I've been on it all day from my home office and it's been bullet proof thus far. no having to get up and run around for signal. Very happy. Had 2 conference calls and a ton of calls. So I thought I'd take the quick min to update you guys.

It's now performing as "good" as my 9900 for signal. No issues so far.
    I've now installed the .666 SFI from the Bell package with the .668 Java directory. Previously when I tried .666 I was getting timeouts sometimes on data and the browser would sometimes say No Connection. Then I'd try again and it would work right away. But I'm not sure if that was a network issue that maybe is fixed now, so I'll see if I get those timeouts.

I was in the car again today and had another call drop, which prompted me to try the .666 SFI. Hope it works better for calls not dropping.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Have any of you used the Voice Notes Recorder? Mine gives me an "App Error 603" when I've recorded 3m50s, give or take a second or two. This doesn't happen when I pause, and start recording again, which I can't always do.
    Find my themes here Miz_Pimp Designs
    ============================================
    Currently on a theme-building hiatus
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by miz_pimp View Post
    Have any of you used the Voice Notes Recorder? Mine gives me an "App Error 603" when I've recorded 3m50s, give or take a second or two. This doesn't happen when I pause, and start recording again, which I can't always do.
    Tested with my .666 SFI and .668 install and I don't have that problem. Sorry, I don't have just .668 any more so can't check just that. I let it record to 4m30s and no problems.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Tested with my .666 SFI and .668 install and I don't have that problem. Sorry, I don't have just .668 any more so can't check just that. I let it record to 4m30s and no problems.
    Thank you for letting me know. I did a wipe of my device, and reinstalled it, but it still didn't make a difference. It could also be that I may have removed a cod file that could be messing with that, but I have absolutely NO clue what it could be...

I'll test it a bit more later on, with different timeout settings of my device.
    Find my themes here Miz_Pimp Designs
    ============================================
    Currently on a theme-building hiatus
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    PIN
    the donkey

I was in the car again today and had another call drop, which prompted me to try the .666 SFI. Hope it works better for calls not dropping.

So... Is .666 so much better compared to the .668 in terms of signal/calls not dropping?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8520 -> 9780 -> 9900 -> iP4S, Q10 & PB32GB
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by adiafzal View Post
    So... Is .666 so much better compared to the .668 in terms of signal/calls not dropping?
    The jury is still out. I don't think so, it may have been a fluke, but the first call I made from the car today with that combo and the call dropped after 15 min or so while I was moving. Now I need to find the version where this isn't a problem for me. On straight 668 I lost several calls in the span of a couple days. Definitely never used to happen to me on 480, but I'm thinking of trying 650 Mobilicity again which I was using for a couple months and don't think I had trouble with it either. YMMV

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    PIN
    the donkey

I also suffered from the same signal fluctuation and it was driving me crazy.
    Oh well, back to .480 then, I guess.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CrackBerry User

So for some reason my XE was updating every 10 minutes so I guess thats why the battery life was so bad. Anyway, the battery life is quite good. This brings me to another question. Why do all the app's default refresh rate is 10 minutes when it there's a warning on how the battery life will be significantly affected by it?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    23B47382

i try this afternoon 666sfi in 668base seems pretty good.
    The more i know, The more i don't know...
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    AS KONG MAHAL!

looks like its upgrade time for me...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    PIN
    the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Dog View Post
    So for some reason my XE was updating every 10 minutes so I guess thats why the battery life was so bad.
    I also have XE installed in my BB. I set "Auto Update" in the Settings menu to Never.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Guys how can I put the .666 SFI and .668 baseband together? Is it much better than .666?

CrackBerry Abuser

It was explained before...
    Install the base .666 into another pc, Extract the file "rim0x15001507.sfi" from "X:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780...\UMTS"

Install the base .668 into the pc you want to use to update your device. Replace the same file at the same folder location ie "X:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780....\UMTS" with the "rim0x15001507.sfi" you extract from .666 version.

You will notice the .666 "rim0x15001507.sfi" is a bit larger than the .668 "rim0x15001507.sfi" file.

After you do this just follow the normal way you update the device, ie. remove vendor.xml and run the Loader.exe.
    manxdriver and Ganayni94 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    273BB3B0

Quote Originally Posted by henghs View Post
    It was explained before...
    Install the base .666 into another pc, Extract the file "rim0x15001507.sfi" from "X:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780...\UMTS"

Install the base .668 into the pc you want to use to update your device. Replace the same file at the same folder location ie "X:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9780....\UMTS" with the "rim0x15001507.sfi" you extract from .666 version.

You will notice the .666 "rim0x15001507.sfi" is a bit larger than the .668 "rim0x15001507.sfi" file.

After you do this just follow the normal way you update the device, ie. remove vendor.xml and run the Loader.exe.
    If .666 SFI file is better than .668 SFI,I'll do this process today
    Waiting anyone to give it a shot ! :P
    Last edited by Ganayni94; 11-04-2011 at 03:40 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Ganayni94 View Post
    If .666 SFI file is better than .668 SFI,I'll do this process today
    Waiting anyone to give it a shot ! :P
    I was on .666 sfi + .668 java combi before changing to all .668 sfi + java.

Personally, I don't see much different. I do encounter frequent hour glass icon when using .666 sfi + .668 java but with .668 sfi + java still encountering it occasionally.

Do agree a bit on the signal case mentioned above. However, if you're not always at bad signal reception places then any of the combi above doesn't really matter.

One thing though... QuickPull 5.02 is definitely a memory hogger as I check via ALT-LGLG.

If you have time to spare, can try out and let us know. There's been quite a mix result here so additional report based on actual personal experience for either combi would be a welcome news...
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    PIN
    its hexadecimal ...

@ Ganayni94

If you go to Official Bold 9780 6.0.0.668 from Swisscom
    and read the 1st post on that page (Post # 16), you'll see that I just did that some 3 weeks back.

However - Phill_UK did point out that the extra 4.5 MB between the .666 sfi and .668 sfi would be actually language support stuff and later, when I went for the Vodafone version of .668 I was very happy with superior performance over the (.666 radio + .668 cods) combo.

So why mess with the near perfect os and create a mix when the .668 does everything great.

This is my 2 cents and you're liable to differ.

I am still on this and honestly I don't see anything that the .668 Multi doesn't do well.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    23B47382

almost 24 hours observation this combo 666sfi + 668 cods its great performance.
    The more i know, The more i don't know...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    273BB3B0

Quote Originally Posted by henghs View Post
    I was on .666 sfi + .668 java combi before changing to all .668 sfi + java.

Personally, I don't see much different. I do encounter frequent hour glass icon when using .666 sfi + .668 java but with .668 sfi + java still encountering it occasionally.

Do agree a bit on the signal case mentioned above. However, if you're not always at bad signal reception places then any of the combi above doesn't really matter.

One thing though... QuickPull 5.02 is definitely a memory hogger as I check via ALT-LGLG.

If you have time to spare, can try out and let us know. There's been quite a mix result here so additional report based on actual personal experience for either combi would be a welcome news...
    Yea sometimes on 3G at home it keeps flickering.
    About Quickpull,Ive stopped using it

Quote Originally Posted by audio_engr View Post
    @ Ganayni94

If you go to Official Bold 9780 6.0.0.668 from Swisscom
    and read the 1st post on that page (Post # 16), you'll see that I just did that some 3 weeks back.

However - Phill_UK did point out that the extra 4.5 MB between the .666 sfi and .668 sfi would be actually language support stuff and later, when I went for the Vodafone version of .668 I was very happy with superior performance over the (.666 radio + .668 cods) combo.

So why mess with the near perfect os and create a mix when the .668 does everything great.

This is my 2 cents and you're liable to differ.

I am still on this and honestly I don't see anything that the .668 Multi doesn't do well.
    Actually I was using .668 from Swisscom and now I'm using .668 from Vodafone UK.
    From previous posts,I feel it's better to use .666 sfi + .668 Java which would give me better signal so I'm thinking to give it a try as I'm traveling in 2 days to a rural place where would I suffer from flickering signal even on 2G !
    I'm giving it a try tonight or tomorrow at most .666 sfi + .668 Java (Vodafone UK)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2689xxxx

I'm gonna wipe my blackberry now, i was still on .480 , which version should I install? .600 .650 .666 or .668 ?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts
    PIN
    its hexadecimal ...

Quote Originally Posted by makhoder View Post
    which version should I install? .600 .650 .666 or .668 ?
    .668 from Vodafone UK https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...05D7C424EBAE5F

Use IE to download. Load os using AppLoader. Enjoy !!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just update to .668 but using .666 .sfi. However my blackberry browser state "unable to find request server" when turn on Wi-Fi even to Google. I don't have this problem when using 3G only. What is the problem?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by audio_engr View Post
    .668 from Vodafone UK https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...05D7C424EBAE5F

Use IE to download. Load os using AppLoader. Enjoy !!
    Does the .668 Vodafone version is better than the .668 Swisscom verison?
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast