- 02-11-2013, 12:32 AM #2
There's a setting for UMA, make sure yours doesn't say "WiFi only." My 9780 is down right now, but I believe it's a setting under "Mobile Network Options."Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
Yes. T-Mo made it seem madatory to upgrade my Bundle from 1879? to 3049, and that is when it began. This problem used to occur (after the upgrade) about 5% of the time - now about half the time. Everything else is working fine. I'm liking my 9780; I seem to be the only user who likes a smaller device as I use it really only for text and use my iPad for playing. Oh - UMA by itself always worked fine - problem only occurs when I leave UMA for the great outdoors ! Thanks !
- 02-11-2013, 11:06 AM #6
You don't have to upgrade (or keep) the OS update T-Mobile rolled out. If there aren't any significant improvements/features in this latest build, you can always downgrade back to the previous build.Sent from my jail cell using a corrupt prison warden
- 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM #9
I use UMA heavily on UK EE network. Swapping between home UMA and external 3G is smooth. I often walk from my neighbours on UMA to my house on UMA and across to 3G without any noticeable problems. Use it on multiple brands of routers as I often find myself in basements relying on it.
I use the .666 OS release. That is bundle 2921 according to the Blackberry Desktop Software. I have certainly found it is among the best at handling UMA calls.
- By morry.korinow in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 12Last Post: 02-18-2010, 12:48 AM
- By eugenehong in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 10-19-2009, 09:56 AM
- By nick8545 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 06-28-2009, 01:54 AM
- By katsouls in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-24-2009, 08:14 AM
- By bcbold in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 2Last Post: 12-16-2008, 04:45 PM