Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default No signal switching UMA to 3g

Using 6.0, Bundle 3049 .. When I leave home (UMA) and step outside (normally 3g), signal now shows No Service; I have to turn device off and then back on. Any suggestions? Much thanks !
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,043 Global Posts

There's a setting for UMA, make sure yours doesn't say "WiFi only." My 9780 is down right now, but I believe it's a setting under "Mobile Network Options."
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks. Mine has the setting: WiFi Preferred, so that's not it.

Global Posts
    6,043 Global Posts

Did you upgrade/downgrade your OS recently? If so, did UMA work better previously?

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Yes. T-Mo made it seem madatory to upgrade my Bundle from 1879? to 3049, and that is when it began. This problem used to occur (after the upgrade) about 5% of the time - now about half the time. Everything else is working fine. I'm liking my 9780; I seem to be the only user who likes a smaller device as I use it really only for text and use my iPad for playing. Oh - UMA by itself always worked fine - problem only occurs when I leave UMA for the great outdoors ! Thanks !

Global Posts
    6,043 Global Posts

You don't have to upgrade (or keep) the OS update T-Mobile rolled out. If there aren't any significant improvements/features in this latest build, you can always downgrade back to the previous build.

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Oh - Didn't know that. And I just googled how to do it. Thanks BTW, any real advantage to a 9900 @ n/c ??

Global Posts
    6,043 Global Posts

I don't know what n/c is, sorry. But as for the 9900, it does not have UMA, only WiFi calling. Plus its camera does not have autofocus either.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

I use UMA heavily on UK EE network. Swapping between home UMA and external 3G is smooth. I often walk from my neighbours on UMA to my house on UMA and across to 3G without any noticeable problems. Use it on multiple brands of routers as I often find myself in basements relying on it.

I use the .666 OS release. That is bundle 2921 according to the Blackberry Desktop Software. I have certainly found it is among the best at handling UMA calls.