Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

It's likely the carrier. Has anybody thought of calling them up? If bis doesn't work when wifi is on and connected, then it's either of two things:

-You don't have a blackberry specific data plan.
    -There is an issue on the carrier side, have them disable BIS completely, and then re-enable it. Disable, that means remove it from your account, then re-add it, re-activate it.

I had to do this while on TELUS about 2 times, due to it being on the carrier's side.
    CrackBerry User

I have been having this problem for some time: I am on a TMobile 9780 and I go in and out of UMA to 3G and edge. This happens even when I'm not going from UMA to the mobile towers. I have to turn the phone off and back on then it reestablishes the connection to the blackberry network.
    I'm using 6.0.0.448
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

Folks,

It looks like this is only an intermittent problem as of last night. 3 out of 4 times, the data connection transfers to the mobile network now, even after being on the Wi-Fi for several hours. At least on my phone.

Can anyone confirm?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    It's likely the carrier. Has anybody thought of calling them up? If bis doesn't work when wifi is on and connected, then it's either of two things:

-You don't have a blackberry specific data plan.
    -There is an issue on the carrier side, have them disable BIS completely, and then re-enable it. Disable, that means remove it from your account, then re-add it, re-activate it.

I had to do this while on TELUS about 2 times, due to it being on the carrier's side.
    BIS does work on wireless on my end. My problem is that once I leave the signal area of my wifi, BIS drops and I'm left with only 3G for 20 - 30 min. The only way to get BIS back right after I leave my wifi range is to shut off Mobile Network and then turn it back on. TMO can't figure it out. Wife's phone is the same.
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
    CrackBerry User

Hi, sorry to side track a little..I cant seem to connect to the internet even if I am connected to my home broadband wireless. I thought of saving my data plan quota by turning off data plan etc. and use only my home wifi connection but alas...i cannot browse, facebook etc. etc.

So no choice, have to turn on my data plan. I heard that the phone itself is smart enough to use wifi over data plan even though both are switched on.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    PIN
    279AD0B1

Things seem better today. We'll see!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  

Quote Originally Posted by USCTrojan4JC View Post
    Things seem better today. We'll see!
    Yup! Better but not good. I wonder how it can work "sometimes" but not all the time. Lol
    CrackBerry User

I've suffered from this problem for at least three weeks, namely when I am on UMA and wander off wifi the phone requires turning off and back on to, say, use the browser and receive emails. I could make calls, but all data services on 3G or lower just did not work unless I power refreshed my T-Mobile 9780 (hold down power button and then turn it back on).

Today was the first day I noticed my 9780's data services working after leaving UMA. Hopefully this will keep up.

Next on my 9780 grumble list: GPS that simply never seems to work. I'm running .722.
    Thanked by:
    USCTrojan4JC (07-13-2012) 
    USCTrojan4JC likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I'm with TMO running .723 and this problem has been coming and going for three weeks or so. Switching data off and on in mobile network options always clears it up. I've tried the Host Routing registration but it does not stick as a fix.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    PIN
    279AD0B1

My BIS connection when disconnected from WiFi has been good since my last post.

Has the issue been resolved for others, too?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #36  

Quote Originally Posted by USCTrojan4JC View Post
    My BIS connection when disconnected from WiFi has been good since my last post.

Has the issue been resolved for others, too?
    Yes, I had no issues yesterday. I do however lose the BIS connection on occasion when I manually disconnect from the Wi-Fi, e.g. turn off Wi-Fi connectivity.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    PIN
    279AD0B1

I think we are all good now? My phone seems to be working okay again.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

Not 100% for me. Occasionally, the data connection is not restored thru the mobile network, and most of the time it isn't, when I disconnect from the Wi-Fi manually. It has become an intermittent problem, at least to me. Who can confirm this ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having this issue now too, except I cannot connect at all even if I turn the connection off and on. Did anyone find a solution or did it just start working again? I'm with telus in canada btw
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    PIN
    279AD0B1

Quote Originally Posted by snthaoeu View Post
    I've suffered from this problem for at least three weeks, namely when I am on UMA and wander off wifi the phone requires turning off and back on to, say, use the browser and receive emails. I could make calls, but all data services on 3G or lower just did not work unless I power refreshed my T-Mobile 9780 (hold down power button and then turn it back on).

Today was the first day I noticed my 9780's data services working after leaving UMA. Hopefully this will keep up.

Next on my 9780 grumble list: GPS that simply never seems to work. I'm running .722.
    This problem of not being connected to BIS after leaving my WiFi connection seems to be happening again lately. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Turning the phone off and back on seems to be the best workaround so far!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    G 4.2.2.2

Yes, this issue has resumed. I must shut off all connections, wait several second and turn them back on in order for Internet to start working over othewr connections after leaving WiFi.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

This seems to be happening for me again too. I thought I was out of the woods but apparently not. As an added bonus, when I leave UMA I have to reset my mobile connection to make calls as well. Ugh...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

Get on to .666 instead. I use .666 and don't have a problem changing networks.

A bigger OS number does not always mean it is better.

At home I have mostly zero phone signal in the house, so rely on UMA. I walk out my house, jump in the car, drive off and 3G kicks in.

I'm still hammering away on BBM and getting emails without a restart. Checking the browser in a shop.

Come home, look at my phone while still in the car, and it is already back to UMA without trouble.

I did notice that it is sometimes a little slow to settle. Was at my neighbour's Friday night on their WiFi and UMA. Walked home three doors down, so would have swapped from their wifi to my wifi without much chance for 3G in between. Sent a few BBMs and it was a little sluggish to send them - but they did get out after a delay of a few seconds. Then BBM'd for hours without hiccup.

I never battery pull. And if I am being really impatient I just use the menu from the top bar of the phone to turn off "Mobile Network" and "WiFi" then turn them back on again. That will settle any confusion for me quicker than a reboot. But, as I said, I rarely need to do this. Maybe four or five times in the last six months?

And battery pulls are even rarer than that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Curve 9380 "Koodo"

Hello, I've also got the same problem with my curve 9380.
    (No data services when disconnecting from Wi-Fi)
    Has anyone found a solution???
    Iím with Koodo in Canada.
    Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dgjunior View Post
    Hello, I've also got the same problem with my curve 9380. (No data services when disconnecting from Wi-Fi)Has anyone found a solution???Iím with Koodo in Canada.Thanks!
    Toggle the mobile network connection and everything will be back in operation.
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Newbie

make sure you dont have the prefered data settings on wifi only
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello,
    How can I check if my preferred data settings are correct?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12