Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy My Blackberry doesn't turn on..?

So yesterday I went to the mall and I forgot to charge my phone. Initially, it ran out of battery COMPLETELY, it's totally drained. When I got home, I charged it overnight. In the morning it still didn't turn on. What happens is that if I press the end call button, it doesn't do anything, at all. But, sometimes the LED light comes on for 5-10 seconds and goes away. That's all. No white screen, no nothing. Today, my teacher pointed out that when you plug the cable in for it to charge, it is loose. Can that be the problem? what should I do?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

The loose cable could be the problem does the phone turn on when it is plugged into the wall?
    Try taking the battery out and then try charging it again?

goodluck
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It doesn't turn on at all, I'm afraid it didn't charge because of the cable. I took the battery out countless amount of times.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

Is the USB port on it loose? The cable can't be loose, must be the port. If you still have warranty on it, have it repaired. If not, the repair shop could resolder the usb port back in place.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I plugged in the USB cable, it charges when I connect it. But, when I use the wall charger, it doesn't charge.
    CrackBerry Abuser

why don't you simply try another charger ? if it charges with another charger then it simply means the charger / datacable you are using NOW isn't working properly
    Check out the BlackBerry Phone Repairs website http://cellphonediary.com/

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by waynetechberry View Post
    why don't you simply try another charger ? if it charges with another charger then it simply means the charger / datacable you are using NOW isn't working properly
    I know right? Trying to use a broken charger, trying to make it work, won't do any good.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default USB Port Woes

My last Blackberry - a pearl - did the same thing. It ended up being the charging port in the phone - looking at it, I could see that one of the little gold prongy things was missing. When I took it to my cell phone provider, they never even mentioned the option of having it re-soldered. I ended up having to replace it with a Blackberry Bold. Now, 1.5 years in, the Bold has lousy reception, the headphone jack works 1/2 the time, and I have to reboot the thing at least once a day, usually twice. I don't know why I have experienced such bad luck with Blackberry. This is the last BB that I will own. Sorry Blackberry, but I need a device that will last for at least 3 years.

PIN

I feel sorry for you Elorabird maybe you should try another provider, sometimes they have bad batches of phones. I remember getting my first flipper, the display was half-backlit, after 6 exchanges (many were complaining of the same thing throughout the store's various selections of phones) and complaints, they reordered working stock and many were happy. Same goes blackberries, you may have gotten a bad one, twice in a row.
    CrackBerry Newbie

that happened to me, i thought i was the only one! phew, yeah basicly just buy a new blackberry charger and it'll be fine. i thought mine did that because it has water damage aha
    CrackBerry User

I have the same problem too, trying to turn on my Z10 I press the button, the red light comes on but it doesn't the phone doesn't turn on, I have to press it several times before the phone finally comes on. I'm not sure if anyone has the same problem..

Global Posts
    7,182 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jennyt88 View Post
    I have the same problem too, trying to turn on my Z10 I press the button, the red light comes on but it doesn't the phone doesn't turn on, I have to press it several times before the phone finally comes on. I'm not sure if anyone has the same problem..
    I'd post your issue in the Z10 forum. Some biigg differences in devices.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Passport
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts

Maybe you can get a charging pod and try if it charges via the contacts? The charging pods are usually pretty cheap and might help you to at least get that problem solved. Content could be installed via the SD card plus reader. At least when it comes to pictures and music. Hope that helps and good luck!
    CrackBerry Newbie

My mom's blackberry doesn't come on. I have tried using a different charger cable, it shows the battery with a lightning bolt through it, but wont come on. How would i do the upgrade of software without the phone on?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default My blackberry is having the same problem at the moment

The exact same problem is happening to me what do i do ?!
    CrackBerry Newbie

the exact same thing has happened to me what do i do ?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default my phone is not showing anything on screen

my phone shows me it is on, but it shows nothing on the screen
    CrackBerry Newbie

it shows the red light but nothing on screen
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

Leave the phone on the charger for a few hours and then come back and check. If really really flat it will take a while to get the first charge in there and supply enough juice to get it to boot up.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Rosey Beetge View Post
    My mom's blackberry doesn't come on. I have tried using a different charger cable, it shows the battery with a lightning bolt through it, but wont come on. How would i do the upgrade of software without the phone on?