Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By didgit
  • 1 Post By darshan1988
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My app world is gone

hi everyone, my bb app world is gone after i upgraded it today. i tried to download it again from bb website using my 9780.but it show the app world already existed, i just replaced it and reboot my phone. i still cant find the app world icon even i use universal search. does anyone know what happen to my phone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: My app world is gone

hi
    the exact same thing has happened to me
    spent all day trying everything to get it back as i deleted my facebook and now cant get it back!!
    HELP ME its driving me nuts, tried everything including downloading it online......
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,430 Global Posts

1. Go to application management by searching for it in universal search (it shows up under options)
    2. Check if App World is listed.
    2a. If it is, uninstall and reboot, then re-install
    2b. If not listed, try downloading it from rroyy.com/ota. Check if this worked by launching App World (if the icon is there), or repeating steps 1 and 2.

If it still does not work, downgrade your App World by going to rroyy.com/otaarchive
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ########

That downgrade would be useful if it were an older version , i really do not like the App World v4.0.0.55 one , do you have any other links to where we can find older versions of the apps ?
    ....if i knew everything i would be rich....
    derob882 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,430 Global Posts

Sorry, I don't. If I ever need to downgrade, I go to rroyy's archive. And it looks like he's hosting the most recent prior version only.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    Thanked by:
    didgit (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Default My app world is back

My app world is back now but i need to downgrade it thanks anyway

CrackBerry Newbie

Im facing the same issue . I got an update for my app world, as soon as i updated it and rebooted my phone its no longer there! when i try to reinstall it, it says its already installed though i cant find it anywhere! help pls!
    bornwell likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I lost my app world when I updated my blackberry ID. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing works. When I followed a link to update an app and tried to sign in it says I am using an unsupported operating system but if I try to install new one from desktop manager it tells me Im not connected to internet.
    Please help!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default My app world is gone

ur os doesnt suppourt the newer blackberry app world. u need to downgrade app world
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kinkeithwong View Post
    hi everyone, my bb app world is gone after i upgraded it today. i tried to download it again from bb website using my 9780.but it show the app world already existed, i just replaced it and reboot my phone. i still cant find the app world icon even i use universal search. does anyone know what happen to my phone?

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kinkeithwong View Post

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by hasa77 View Post
    ur os doesnt suppourt the newer blackberry app world. u need to downgrade app world
    I did that and then downgraded app world wouldnt accept that I had apps installed.
    Contacted blackberry help on twitter and its going back to blackberry
    Thanks for reply tho!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Everyone,

After updating my bb app world it also disappeared. I eventually had to download the latest Blackberry Pc software, connect my phone & update the OS. Thereafter everything on my phone was back to normal. The whole process took one hour & 20 minutes.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also faced the same issue. But even after following the above steps, i couldnt get it back. My firmware version is 6.0.0.285. Do i have to upgrade further? Is it possible?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by chetansaulekar View Post
    I also faced the same issue. But even after following the above steps, i couldnt get it back. My firmware version is 6.0.0.285. Do i have to upgrade further? Is it possible?
    Yup it is possible.. If you want it can definitely be upgraded.. Follow this procedure
    For more links on where to download which version, i'll tell you once i'm home! I've just reached my office .
    Drive A: format failure, formatting C: instead...

My phone history

Nokia 1112 > Nokia 7210 Supernova > Nokia 1616 > Nokia X6 > BB 8830 (office) > BB 9650 > BB 9780 (and loving this one!! )

Plus a 64GB
    PB
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi..im still confusing..can u explain to me.. rroyy.com/ota must download from my phone or pc?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me!

phone browser..
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey,
    yeah so tried all the diff steps at least five times over and it still doesn't work, the AppWorld icon doesn't appear. However when i search for application management the BlackBerry Appworld is in the list. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, I've tried almost everything. I ever visited rroyy.com/ota like a million times! Please if you know anything else that i could possibly do to fix this, let me know asap.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by AliJS View Post
    hey,
    yeah so tried all the diff steps at least five times over and it still doesn't work, the AppWorld icon doesn't appear. However when i search for application management the BlackBerry Appworld is in the list. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, I've tried almost everything. I ever visited rroyy.com/ota like a million times! Please if you know anything else that i could possibly do to fix this, let me know asap.
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I suggest, if you see the Appworld in the App Management, delete it. and restart the phone.
    AFTER THE PHONE RESTARTS, go to rroyy.com/otaarchive for the prev version of app world and install it..
    Drive A: format failure, formatting C: instead...

My phone history

Nokia 1112 > Nokia 7210 Supernova > Nokia 1616 > Nokia X6 > BB 8830 (office) > BB 9650 > BB 9780 (and loving this one!! )

Plus a 64GB
    PB
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

I too have been victim to this. I solved it by upgrading my OS and then restoring. I keep getting notice updates to upgrade AppWorld, that I will from now on ignore. Too much of a pain to try and get it back once you upgrade. The current version of AppWorld works for me, until I upgrade to BB "10".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Has anyone been able to fix this without upgrading the OS? I have a buddy in Africa that is having this exact problem with his 9780 that I've been walking him through via BBM. He doesn't have access to a computer to do the OS upgrade at this time. Or is he out of luck until the BlackBerry folks fix this bug?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

I was hoping one of the more "Berry-Technical-Savvy" Ops would have responded by now. I'm a power user with moderate tech ability, but not an expert in this regard.

On my Berry (9780 OS-6) I twice upgraded AppWorld and both times lost it. Luckily or unluckily for me, I also loaded Pandora both times and for whatever reason, this put my Berry in the dreaded "Re-Boot Loop". I had to do the proverbial "Battery-Out-Boot-Via-Sync-Cord" to restore my Berry from the ground up. I also decided to upgrade to the latest OS-6 versions at that time. I'm pretty sure that the upgrade was not required to restore App World, but I decided to do it anyway on the last go-around.

I would think a total wipe-restore may solve your friend's problem, but I'm not the expert here. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've had this same problem and have tried all the suggestions above with no success. I've deleted and reinstalled app world from rroyy.com 6 times and it still hasn't worked. I'm not very tech savvy so if someone could explain how I might go about fixing this in great detail, that would be very much appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i am on a blackberry tour with OS5 and i cant get my app world back. i went to rroyy thing website on the computer and the phone but the device wont get through ad.fly......its a blankpage and i cant move ahead. is there a .jad file of it without an ad blocker otherwise i cant get it? please help me!!!!