Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By fahar
  • 1 Post By LeKeiser
  • 1 Post By raino
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Forget
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest Official OS 6.0.0.756 from Voda Spain

Software For BlackBerry® Bold™ 9780 smartphone
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.3170 (Multilanguage)
    Package Version: 6.0.0.3170
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.756
    Software Platform: 6.6.0.252
    File name: 9780M_PBr6.0.0_rel3170_PL6.6.0.252_A6.0.0.756_Voda fone_Spain.exe
    File size: 172.82MB

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...C0A80952C09F52
    9900 BOOSTED by BL ULTIMATE RC 21 over 7.1.0.1098....
    Thanked by 3:
    Legal Eagle (05-25-2013),  lowest (06-03-2013),  Nguyen Minh Quang (06-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

alright. has anyone tried it? any improvements? bug fixes? battery life? or do i have to try it myself and post back?

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    *TT* M® Mo®®¡$ *TT*
    CrackBerry Newbie

Installed this last night, not much change compared to 6.0.0.749. Haven't noticed much difference if at all: device responsiveness & battery life is about the same.

I do notice that sometimes (on the odd occasion), the camera fails while taking pictures and displays the "could not capture the image" error. Not sure what's up with this one.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

im currently getting that error with .749 so it's not new.
    *TT* M® Mo®®¡$ *TT*
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by anthonemorris View Post
    Whoa! Not another bug!
    I have rolled back and am currently on .546, looking to upgrade to .723 or .749 or .756.
    Can you please elaborate a little on from which OS has this bug surfaced and the frequency of the issue.
    Also which OS is the better of the 3 in your personal experience. (.723 or .749 or .756)?
    Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Really? I've never seen it occur ever before until .756. Weird, but it's not a big deal, I have to take a LOT of pictures for it to repeat the error message.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishore Thaakur View Post
    Whoa! Not another bug!
    I have rolled back and am currently on .546, looking to upgrade to .723 or .749 or .756.
    Can you please elaborate a little on from which OS has this bug surfaced and the frequency of the issue.
    Also which OS is the better of the 3 in your personal experience. (.723 or .749 or .756)?
    Thanks in advance.
    For me, .749 was a solid OS. The only complaint I had was the slow GPS tracking times. On the other hand, .723 had the pin bug, and now it seems .756 has the camera bug. None of them are perfect unfortunately.

I personally had a great experience with .749, but .756, for me so far, is as good as .749. I am actually curious as to others' experiences with this OS.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hello,
    Installed it two days ago, over .749. So far, same impression than with the latter, seems to be good. I'm not so sure about the battery, I have changed my operator at the same time, battery seems to be draining a little faster, but it might be because of that and not the OS. But it's true that the BB seems snapier than with .723.

EDIT : I noticed that the boot is really faster, less than 2 mins if not 1 mins. Really good
    Last edited by LeKeiser; 06-01-2013 at 06:27 AM.
    Trolling is an art form,you're still using crayons.
    "I intend to live the first half of my life.I don't care about the rest."Errol Flynn.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."Albert Einstein
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

@Kishore Thaakur: .546 seems rather old to me. Personally I am a fan of .666 and have been using it since it came out. Great battery life, no obvious bugs (apart from the address field bug everyone has), and IMHO all round great release. I am a UMA ***** and love the stability of UMA in .666

GPS seems fine when I use it. No camera bug ever appeared that I noticed. And it is seriously rare that I even do a battery pull (maybe three times in the last year)
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

so far no complaints. startup is like way fast. battery life is as normal. will see how it goes as time passes. no bugs at all

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using CrackBerry Forums App
    *TT* M® Mo®®¡$ *TT*
    CrackBerry Abuser

Found a bug, but nothing bad : icons are moving by themselves within the favorite panel. I set them up the way I like, and can't tell how or when, but it's like they get shuffled at one point, and I have to move them back around the screen.
    Otherwise, good OS.
    "I intend to live the first half of my life.I don't care about the rest."Errol Flynn.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."Albert Einstein
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    27C04FB9

not really a bug, but favorites move around according to frequency of use similar to the frequent tab. so no worries

*TT* M® Mo®®¡$ *TT*
    CrackBerry User

Can you sent the link direct one
    CrackBerry User

Can I upgrade to os 7
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,036 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goldsalltime View Post
    Can I upgrade to os 7
    No
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    Thanked by:
    Denise in Los Angeles (07-18-2013) 
    jmd.aKBar likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

not really a bug, but favorites move around according to frequency of use similar to the frequent tab. so no worries

Weird, because it never happened before with the previous OS. It does so with the Frequent tab, but not the Favorite one. And the icons move around really randomly, can't tell which one will move and why or when.
    But like I said, doesn't bother me much
    CrackBerry Abuser

better to use .749 as a base for hybrids
    though i accept all invites, don't add me if you want to be a dead contact @BBM, you will be deleted straight away.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by LeKeiser View Post
    Weird, because it never happened before with the previous OS. It does so with the Frequent tab, but not the Favorite one. And the icons move around really randomly, can't tell which one will move and why or when.
    But like I said, doesn't bother me much
    Most of the time when the icons move, i notice they are the ones that have just been added to the favourites and this happens only after i restart (which happens only when some app updates or i remove some app)...
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jmd.aKBar View Post
    Most of the time when the icons move, i notice they are the ones that have just been added to the favourites and this happens only after i restart (which happens only when some app updates or i remove some app)...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have noticed one new thing with .756.

I noticed when I upgraded from OS 6.0.0.666 to OS 6.0.0.749, that I could browse, use FB/twitter/etc. over wifi with data services turned off. However, usually when I turned on data services to use data through my carrier network, once I turned it off again I would need to do a battery-pull to be able to browse over wifi again. Now with 6.0.0.756 I can turn data servies on and off again, and I'm still able to use most data apps over wifi with data services turned off.

Which is awesome, since I don't have to constantly be turning off data services when I leave a wifi zone in order to prevent carrier data from being used.