Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    CrackBerry User

@ tokz

BTW - when I did this upgrade from .534 I too faced some error message. Luckily, my Desktop manager was showing the same .546 update hence went the BDM way to upgrade & install instead of the routine Apploader method.

Lost BBM completely but had the contacts saved locally so just about managed.

Yes - this was the most unusual install of an upgraded SW. Never had such issues earlier.
    Last edited by audioengr; 05-18-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: wrong SW version mentioned earlier
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    PIN
    279AD0B1

After using .546 for a few more days, I don't think the battery life is much better than .534 and .526.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2838A2F6

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    and this is with moderate, continuous usage?? bbms/wifi/calls/sms? the only way i hit those levels is with the phone sitting on my desk for hours without touching it.

with regular usage im in the 2-4% an hour range. heavy use, especially with heavy data, im up over 5% an hour. if you are getting rates that low, i would like to see screen shots of your battery chart.
    I've tested this version for a few weeks now and I found out this:
    -> BUG! After my BB weak up from Switch off, dialog window about SIM card appears every time!

->to Dictorenso: I tested also MeterBerry 2.5.1 and when after the fully charge, the discharge rate is about 0,8%...when idle even 0,2% this night! But after few days without charging (4 days) the rate has risen up to 1,5 - 2%/per hour. Interesting??

Quote Originally Posted by hrabacik View Post
    -> BUG! After my BB weak up from Switch off, dialog window about SIM card appears every time!
    Yep, happens here too. I can live with that thou. Some guy has the browser come up on boot. Now that would be annoying.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

i have .480 on my 9780 and everything works fine. do you suggest me to upgrade to .546? any differences-improvements?
    tnx!
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oookram View Post
    i have .480 on my 9780 and everything works fine. do you suggest me to upgrade to .546? any differences-improvements?
    tnx!
    Personally I wouldn't bother.

.480 was a great build and there's virtually no difference between that and .526, .534, .546 and .570

If it ain't broke... why fix it
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    Thanked by:
    oookram (05-20-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

This is a terrible build. Why the heck did Taiwan go and make it official when its just riddled with BS. Even taking a photo is a problem now. I have to wait ages for it to load up so I can see what shot I took. FAIL FAIL. 2 fingers again to Blackberry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:2847118E

Quote Originally Posted by roadcabe View Post
    I've only used it for ten minutes, but my stuttering keyboard no longer stutters with this OS.

I fully expect to have a stutter anytime now, but...wouldn't that be sweet if 546 fixed the stutter issue!?!?
    Same here! The stuttering seems to have receded quite a bit.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,723 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red422 View Post
    This is a terrible build. Why the heck did Taiwan go and make it official when its just riddled with BS. Even taking a photo is a problem now. I have to wait ages for it to load up so I can see what shot I took. FAIL FAIL. 2 fingers again to Blackberry.
    User Error
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    User Error
    yea seriously. this build was pretty solid for me.
    CrackBerry User

Running .546, works great for me, but it seems that battery life is lacking. Also, my data icon seems to be working more than I'm used to when I'm not recieving any data and browser is closed. Any solutions?
    Min Leon II
    CrackBerry User

Talking BTHM OS6 .576 Hybrid for 9780 Mid- Summer Edition (6.1+7.0 cods)

Quote Originally Posted by MinLeonII View Post
    Running .546, works great for me, but it seems that battery life is lacking. Also, my data icon seems to be working more than I'm used to when I'm not recieving any data and browser is closed. Any solutions?
    Try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bt...0-cods-626228/ work strong for me... 3g signal is now constant that before, no bugs, well made, this is a "Winner, Winner Chicken Diner"
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TITOMAN357 View Post
    Try this http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/bt...0-cods-626228/ work strong for me... 3g signal is now constant that before, no bugs, well made, this is a "Winner, Winner Chicken Diner"
    It consumes double the battery though. I tried it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    PIN
    K ... not my colour

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    yea seriously. this build was pretty solid for me.
    +1 .... been using it since 1st released in May & up till now this is the best build for me
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by amlbuton View Post
    +1 .... been using it since 1st released in May & up till now this is the best build for me

Yup, tried 3 different versions on my new 9780 and came back to this one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ATM = *****

Oh my, just went through few times of loading the OS but no changes whatsoever to the device software after each of them. I need some help here please. It seemed that I've done nothing wrong, by following elite's guide. This isn't my first OS upgrade, though. I've done it on a Torch and Bold 9000 before with trouble-free results. And I'm doing this is for my ex-girlfriend, which is now my wife

As a start, currently I am using DM v.6.1.0.35; original BB OS 6.0 Bundle 863 (forgot the app version number); Win7 Pro SP1 64-bit laptop with User Account Control being set to the lowest option-bar.

I've downloaded two versions of the OS, the all-language and Asian, by using both IE9 and Firefox 5.0, from the BlackBerry Taiwan Mobile webpage and the Mediafire link.

I've uninstalled the other OS versions on my machine, and just installing this version (tried both language versions one at a time).

Tried everything I could, to wipe the OS with BBSAK 1.9.11, shrink the OS and launch apploader using BB Boss 2.2, and still, zero results. The apploader application never showed the (upgrading) core apps that will be installed to the device, instead it showed third party apps that were installed previously through appworld.

Would it be possible that the download file is NOT VALID anymore? Seems to be impossible isn't it? So what do you reckon?

Recently upgraded to the version that DM had found automatically, v.480. Everything went flawlessly. Hope it'll be a solid rock OS.

Cheers
    Last edited by jakarta; 07-02-2011 at 11:09 PM. Reason: add info

twitter: hvandruten
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jakarta View Post
    And I'm doing this is for my ex-girlfriend, which is now my wife
    *confused* how did THIS happen? lol
    R.I.P. Grandpa
    DEC-16-1936 - AUG-10-2013
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ATM = *****

Quote Originally Posted by stitch69 View Post
    *confused* how did THIS happen? lol
    LOL.. she was my girlfriend.. till I marry her..

twitter: hvandruten
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456