Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

one thing i noticed is that the alarm menu, from the top tray drop down bar, is still misaligned like it was in .534. i did notice in .534, it was hit or miss being properly aligned using an older net_rim_ribbon whatever cod file, it wasnt totally fixed. so for now it still shows "ON (" and then gets the time cut off. anyone have a definite fix?
    Thanked by:
    highline (05-10-2011) 

Quote Originally Posted by cletus8 View Post
    Question:

After I have installed the new OS on my BB, is it recommended to completely (manually) Wipe the device? (and then restore all the backups) ?

thanks in advance!
    Nope, that's an extra some of us take (me included, but only when I feel like it) to make sure we have a clean install of the new OS with no legacy from the previous version.

How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry's OS Using App Loader

EDIT: ayush12345 is RIGHT! Wipes are done before the load! That's what you get when I reply after midnight!
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-09-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Addict

this version definitely suits me i'm happy with the performance xD

i'm also currently uploading .546 all lang to mediafire, i'll share the link as soon as it's finished.
    R.I.P. Grandpa
    DEC-16-1936 - AUG-10-2013
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    G PONG

The AllLang mirror for multiupload should be up shortly!! ;-)
    I am a kind of person who doesn't believe in science.
    I only believe in Love, Sex and Myself!!!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    G PONG

Quote Originally Posted by cletus8 View Post
    Question:

After I have installed the new OS on my BB, is it recommended to completely (manually) Wipe the device? (and then restore all the backups) ?

thanks in advance!
    Why the **** in the universe will you want to 'wipe' the device after you have installed the new OS ??
    If at all you want to 'wipe' it, it has to be done before you install the OS.
    Hope that helps!!

Cheers

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ayush12345 View Post
    Why the **** in the universe will you want to 'wipe' the device after you have installed the new OS ??
    If at all you want to 'wipe' it, it has to be done before you install the OS.
    Hope that helps!!

Cheers
    he basically means install the new OS but either wipe it or dont restore the backups right away.

as i always say, theres no need at all to wipe when doing an OS load. apploader does all that for you.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    I would love the all language version too if you could endure the process of downloading it...
    All Language version from MegaUpload... MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service.
    Thanked by:
    Pleasureseeker (05-15-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    G PONG

9780jAllLang_PBr6.0.0_rel2475_PL6.6.0.207_A6.0.0.5 46_Taiwan_Mobile
    MultiUpload.com
    CrackBerry User

I see that the BBM in .546 is an older version. For PlayBook users make sure you re-update to the latest version via App World.

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moltenfire View Post
    I see that the BBM in .546 is an older version. For PlayBook users make sure you re-update to the latest version via App World.
    yea its the older 5.0.2.11 or whatever.

on a side note, why is it that BBM is the ONLY app that wont let you keep the highest version when loading a new OS. it automatically must downgrade even if the current version is higher than the new OS version.

No idea. I always remove it when I shrink thou...
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    pm me

does this interfere with theme compatibility or compatibility with other applications?

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

oh, i also noticed the browser wont keep you logged into things like Google after closing the browser. this was also a "bug" in .534.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    G PONG

Quote Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
    he basically means install the new OS but either wipe it or dont restore the backups right away.

as i always say, theres no need at all to wipe when doing an OS load. apploader does all that for you.
    Yeah I understood that but y the need to wipe an already new device(newly loaded OS)?? It can straight away be restored .!!!!
    CrackBerry User

On the PlayBook, via Bridge I see that it doesn't automatically load pictures when displaying HTML emails anymore, but rather say Some Pictures were not loaded to protect your privacy, and a button to "Get Images".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    awp1323 (05-10-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

hi may i noe wads the diff between this and .534?? is there any real major update dat u cant say no to updating? =))
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    PIN
    you may just ask me instead :D

Downloading now but i think ill wait for more reviews from folks here til i install it. If it doesn't have much changes, think i'll pass.

Whats your say on it? Anyone? Worth upgrading? and it hasnt even been a month til the previous release. Gotta love RIM on this though
    "i lean against the wind, pretend that i am weightless--and in this moment i am happy" -incubus

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

so far im liking it. overall OS speed seems similar to .534. i do think .546 has better battery management as far as i could tell. lately on .534 i was seeing between -1.5% to -2.5% per hour average discharge rates while the phone was completely idle (sitting on the desk, unused) but connected to 3G and wifi. now, after finishing up my new OS .546 installation and a full 100% charge, ive left it sitting idle on my desk with no use for about 2 hours. im sitting at 0.9% discharge per hour. lowest ive EVER hit while idle. so far, a good sign. ill see what tomorrow brings. lately on .534 i was seeing crappy battery life, but i think that was because of 3 apps i downloaded recently which i have since deleted. battery life before them was much better.

3 hours, sitting at 98%......not bad if you ask me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Latest Official 9780 OS 6.0.0.546 from Taiwan Mobile-capture-05-10-2011-02-27-10.jpg  

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

i also noticed my covereage LED stopped working randomly. i had to reboot to get it working again. never saw that before.

Global Posts
    13,674 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbaa View Post
    does this interfere with theme compatibility or compatibility with other applications?
    No not at all.

Only exception might be message preview popup apps, like BerryPopup (aka BePopup) or Leave It On.
    However as long as you've updated BP to current version 1.5.12 it will work fine. I have no idea if LIO is working.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button

Global Posts
    13,674 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

i also noticed my covereage LED stopped working randomly. i had to reboot to get it working again. never saw that before.
    For me, the big news here is that someone actually uses the coverage LED at all.

I'm calling CNN!

How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Z30
    Thanked by 2:
    highline (05-10-2011),  rroyy (05-10-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

It seems that the location now works only via GPS. Previously, it has determined the approximate location using the cell towers. Then I got a "big blue circle" in GoogleMaps. Now it just say "GPS not available" until some satellites are found. Can anyone confirm this?

Global Posts
    13,674 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by moltenfire View Post
    yea its the older 5.0.2.11 or whatever.

on a side note, why is it that BBM is the ONLY app that wont let you keep the highest version when loading a new OS. it automatically must downgrade even if the current version is higher than the new OS version.
    Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    No idea. I always remove it when I shrink thou...
    Like Diego, I too typically shrink it out, since it's usually slightly outdated.

@dictoresno: did you try this time?
    I was surprised with my 9800 that it actually wokred this time around. I shrunk out the included BBM, and Loader still kept my beta BBM 6.0.0.73 intact.

In fact, as someone alluded to above, I didn't even need to re-do the Agreement, let alone re-enter my keycode!

For T4BB beta v2.0.0.7, the agreement appeared but the keycode was already filled in for me. Very cool!

Only with BZ's Submit Feedback Tool did I need to re-apply the keycode.

Z30

Global Posts
    9,254 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Like Diego, I too typically shrink it out, since it's usually slightly outdated.

@dictoresno: did you try this time?
    I was surprised with my 9800 that it actually wokred this time around. I shrunk out the included BBM, and Loader still kept my beta BBM 6.0.0.73 intact.

In fact, as someone alluded to above, I didn't even need to re-do the Agreement, let alone re-enter my keycode!

For T4BB beta v2.0.0.7, the agreement appeared but the keycode was already filled in for me. Very cool!

Only with BZ's Submit Feedback Tool did I need to re-apply the keycode.
    btw i actually enjoy my LED indicator, it helps me know of missed messages and stuff....and im sure it doesnt really drain the battery much.

i pulled the cod files for bbm 5.0.3.22 and placed them in the java folder. once i loaded up the new OS, BBM was gone and i had a missing cod file error. apparently the net_rim_bb_qm_bbm_internal_api cod was not loaded during the install even though it was in the java folder. however, bbm appeared to be somewhat installed, so i just went to appworld and reinstalled/updated bbm OTA. im guessing since the alx file was for 5.0.2.11 it didnt allow that cod to load properly. oh well.

i did notice Twitter had the keycode pre-filled in upon initial reboot (as it was when i first downloaded it last week), but FB's wasnt.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast