Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Batter Pudding
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how common is the white screen of death on the 9780

hi, just wondering how common is the white screen of death on the blackberry 9780. I recently traded my 9800 for the 9780 and the only problem i have is the number of people that I came across that had this problem.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

It's related to bad screens, not the actual device. You shouldn't worry.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Rootbrian View Post
    It's related to bad screens, not the actual device. You shouldn't worry.

I concur ...... just the screens..... not the actual "phone" itself....
    Check out the BlackBerry Phone Repairs website http://cellphonediary.com/
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

i do understand its the screen, but sometimes its the actual motherboard too. My brother's 9700 got the WSOD. I changed it, still didnt work, then i took it took the repair shop and they said its the ic connector, changed that, worked for a bit, then the problem still persisted. Took it back in, then they said its the actual motherboard
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

If it was common, you'd find posts all over this forum complaining about it. Forums are a magnet for complaints.

There are also a huge number of fake and low quality electronic spare parts on EBay that are making it hard to find legitimate parts. Some parts are of such crud quality that they can damage the rest of the device they are used in.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default 3 out of 3

3 x 9780 Phones = 3 WSOD's for me... Does that answer your question? No matter what ppl here say, whether it's a display problem or phone problem, I lost my trust in BlackBerry and personally I will never EVER in 1000000 years (if I lived that long) buy one more BlackBerry device again, even if it was for free and made of pure gold.

By the way, other co-workers of mine use BlackBerry phones as their work phones and I don't know a single one (out of 5) who didn't have a problem with their BB. Before I actually got a BlackBerry I didn't have to deal with problems of any kind besides "out of battery, out of signal".. With several Nokia's, Sony Ericsson, iPhone..

BlackBerry should rot in h3ll...

Just my 2cp...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    Optional, but not needed.

So you came here to bump an old thread with nothing better to say? Come on bro. The newer blackberries never have that issue. This forum is to help people, not to bash or start wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by nobody1966 View Post
    3 x 9780 Phones = 3 WSOD's for me... Does that answer your question? No matter what ppl here say, whether it's a display problem or phone problem, I lost my trust in BlackBerry and personally I will never EVER in 1000000 years (if I lived that long) buy one more BlackBerry device again, even if it was for free and made of pure gold.By the way, other co-workers of mine use BlackBerry phones as their work phones and I don't know a single one (out of 5) who didn't have a problem with their BB. Before I actually got a BlackBerry I didn't have to deal with problems of any kind besides "out of battery, out of signal".. With several Nokia's, Sony Ericsson, iPhone..BlackBerry should rot in h3ll...Just my 2cp...
    Flamers, don't even try, I have my waterhose ready
    GNU/Linux distros of choice: Ubuntu, Mint (or anything based on debian that's still geared towards beginners and isn't too bloated).

My Tweets, Wordpress Blog, My Statuses, My Formspring.me & Videos (Viddler), (Dailymotion), (YouTube Partner channel)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    669 Global Posts

Shhh... Rootbrain - don't feed the troll. He is only doing it to wind you up. Clearly he is showing that a Blackberry is not "Troll-Compliant" as he keeps activating the anti-trolling self destruct mode in his Blackberries.
    jmd.aKBar likes this.