Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SwitchBeach
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Enterprise vs Email - Help!

I am trying to set up regular email on my phone however the only option that comes up is Enterprise. I have (or I believe) removed the administrator security thanks to this site as I can now download third party aps however the only option that comes up is for the enterprise account.
    This is my old works phone and my replacement phone (controlled by HQ) has the option for both enterprise and regular email – please can someone help. I don’t mind reformatting, wiping or whatever – I just need to be able to set up a normal, personal email account
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,961 Global Posts

Do you have active BlackBerry Data Plan on the device? You need that in order to set up Personal Email.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,041 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SwitchBeach View Post
    Do you have active BlackBerry Data Plan on the device? You need that in order to set up Personal Email.
    Do you think it's possible a BES policy is still on and blocking OP's access? I don't know as I haven't used a BES phone before.

Regardless, you'll need a BIS data plan for "regular" email.
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    BlackBerry Diva

Remove IT Policy using BB Desktop Manager

The first post from the above thread tells you how to check if your phone has an IT policy. I would follow the steps listed to do a complete factory wipe using Desktop Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by sheikhowais View Post
    I didnt try BBSk or any other methods where you need to edit files,I found a simpler and safer method to restore BB 9650 to Factory settings thus removing any IT policy.

How to check if IT policy is enabled or Disabled:

-If u want to check if "IT policy" is enabled for OS6 ,please go to options-Device and status information and type BUYR on keypad and bottom of screen you will get Buyers Remorse which will have info abt the data usage,voice usage and IT policy)

For other OS just go to options-Status and then type BUYR u will get info abt the "IT policy" if its is enabled or disabled)

Procedure for Resetting BB to Factory settings.

Requirement:
    1. BB os 4.3 above
    2. BB desktop manager 6.1

Can be used to:
    1. Restore BB to factory Settings.
    2. Remove an IT policy if enabled on BB.

Things to remember:
    1.Ensure to take full backup of ur BB device (applications, contacts etc).
    2.Dont Disconnect BB throughout the reset process.

Procedure:

1. Download desktop manager software 6.1.
    2. Connected the phone to desktop manager and go to the ? (Help button) in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Navigate to Support Resources>Support Tools.
    4. Select "Reset to factory settings" and its all automated from there!

Thats it !!!! Wait for the process to complete, Booya ur phone is rest to factory settings and also IT policy is disabled,if it was enabled before.

Totally safe and secure!!!! No 3rd party application required.

Note: I used this method on BB 9650 which I purchased From ebay, kindly check ur company policy before using this or any other method for removing IT Policy if you are using a company provided BB.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Hi Raino, Thanks for your post. What is BIS and how do I install or enable alos, how do I obtain 4.3 O/S the other user has posted. Many thanks for your time and trouble

BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) is the BlackBerry data plan opened with your carrier and mentioned above. Make a specific request and the carrier should be able to supply a SIM card for the phone with the proper setup.

For the latest OS for your phone check the sticky threads at the top of the individual device forum. OS4.3 is the minimum but there may be much later OS available. Instructions for installation and reviews of every available OS will be in the threads.

Global Posts
    6,041 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve9691 View Post
    Hi Raino, Thanks for your post. What is BIS and how do I install or enable alos, how do I obtain 4.3 O/S the other user has posted. Many thanks for your time and trouble
    Hi there. Regarding BIS, Sedalia summed it up pretty well. It's a data plan specific to BlackBerries. It's what enables push email, BBM, etc.

And don't worry about that OS 4.3 section in the instructions posted above. I don't think that even works to remove BES policies. Just follow the bit about BUYR to check if you have a policy on your phone. If you do, come back to this thread I'll point you to instructions about removing the policy.

Edit: OK...I'm pretty sure it's not a BES policy. You don't have the right data plan (i.e. BIS.) Contact your carrier, tell them to remove the data plan that's on there and add a BIS plan.
    Last edited by raino; 01-17-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks for your help CrackBerry Master - I hvae looked at the BUYR and 'Device' is showing 13244.8K
    The only setting I get is Enterprise activation
    Please help!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Sorry - forgot to add it does say the IT Policy is disabled but I still cant get normal email to show, only enterprise
    BlackBerry Diva

Do you have the BIS BlackBerry data plan?
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.

Global Posts
    6,041 Global Posts

Yeah--data plan is the hold-up here, now that we (you) have checked that it's not a BES problem.

Have your carrier remove whatever data plan is on your account (most like a BES plan), and tell them to add a BIS data plan. Then the option to add non-enterprise email addresses will show up.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,961 Global Posts

.... as I said in post #2 ....
    Thanked by:
    raino (01-18-2013) 
    raino likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a similar problem, although I do not have a work phone that might have been set up to block email. I just got a replacement phone and it's not giving me the option for email other than enterprise.

Global Posts
    6,041 Global Posts

As SwitchBeach has suggested, make sure you have a BIS data plan.