Data and MMS not working on 9780
I have an unlocked BB Bold 9780 and I just purchased a Telus SIM card.
Everything seems to be working fine with the exception of my data (can't connect at all) and mms (it appears that it doesn't even exist and isn't an option on the phone).
Here's what I've done so far and I'm not sure where to go from here....
1. I've tried downgrading my OS to v5, but I couldn't get past a certain point in the DM
2. Tried restoring my service books from my old blackberry phone (curve 8530) to the new phone, but it doesn't work
I'm not sure if my troubleshooting is accurate, or if there's other solutions to this problem
Any help would be great!
- 12-19-12, 02:07 AM #4
Is it a Blackberry data plan as opposed to a standard carrier data plan from Telus? You need a Blackberry specific data plan in order to use the data functions on the blackberry.
If you do have a Blackberry data plan, try these steps - both should result in a message to your universal inbox stating your handset your handset has been registered on the network:-
- Battery Pull - remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and resinsert.
- Go to Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table - press the menu key and select Register Handset.
- 12-19-12, 04:26 AM #5
You cannot downgrade a 9780 to OS5. It's an OS6 device and will only run on that version.
Your best advice is in the post above, and if that doesn't work... give Telus a call.• That's Phill… with 2 L's ☺
Any other solutions? I tried calling Telus last night, did the host routing table option...didn't work and all I was left with was "sorry that's all I can do".
I'll try to call again. Is it possible to get the Blackberry data plan on an unlocked phone? Or am I S.O.L?
- By mustangv8 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-03-09, 08:42 AM
- By imisiuk in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 1Last Post: 09-13-09, 02:53 PM
- By imisiuk in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-13-09, 02:53 PM
- By OHIOSTEVE in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 11Last Post: 08-14-09, 03:23 PM
- By Thug2md in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 1Last Post: 06-10-07, 01:58 PM