CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default copy files from sd to device memory

Does anyone know whats the maximum possible file size you can copy with os6 and the bold 9780? (From sd card to internal memory). On my bold 9700 I can copy only small files. I'd like to copy images taken with my digital camera from one sd card to another on the go using my blackberry. Those images are about 6mb of size. My bold 9700 with os5 doesn't allow that with such large picture files.
    Does this work with the new bold which has more memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Although the 9780 has double the Application Memory of the 9700, it still only has the same max 32MB of Device Memory for media storage.

I've just tested this myself, and the maximum individual picture size you can cope/paste to the Device Memory is 2MB, which I believe is the same as it was in OS5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Althou this is not a solution, have you considered using a cloud storage service such as SugarSync?

Take picture, upload to SugarSync Server, swap SD, download picture. Could work, althou will add a few minutes to the processes.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you for testing and answering. Guess I have to wait and hope for the nex gen Bold...
    The cloud solution is an option - however if I have to copy 8 or 10 files there will be ~ 60 MB * 2 (up and down) so that will take some time with edge :-(