Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive"

This is what I get when I try to watch a YouTube Video, anyone can help me?

I tried Battery Pulls, cleared my history, deleted service books and still nothing. What can this issue be?
    8320 > 8220 > 8900 > 9700 > 9780 > 9900
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Try using wifi instead of your network connection.

Some carriers restrict video streaming over their network, which will result in the errors you are receiving

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post

Some carriers restrict video streaming over their network, which will result in the errors you are receiving

I wonder why my carrier T-Mobile would block me from streaming simple youtube videos.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

No one else is experiencing this same issue?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

So called T-Mobile today spent a good hour with them on the phone, they're looking into this issue and will contact me once they think it has been resolved.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Im having the same problem and frankly im getting beyond annoyed. Ive had nothing but problems since i upgraded to OS 6. When I was running the previous version I rarely had a issue like that. And not to mention I cant open more then 2 tabs (sometimes not even that) because OS 6 ate about 50% of my memory space I had available! What the heck is that about????!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm getting that same error with Verizon, and yet videos from Youtube were working great just a couple days ago. I pay for an unlimited data plan, so if they suddenly decided to block Youtube it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Videos from non-Youtube sites work fine, so this would seem to rule out a video streaming problem within the phone (at least that's what I hope). I'm hoping it's just a temporary glitch they'll fix...if it's still blocked by tomorrow I'll call Verizon & yell at them...
    CrackBerry User

That happened to me on a few videos. I think they might have been deleted, but the place holder not yet removed...

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

yea i was getting that error the other day whereas a friend on his Torch was having no problems at all with the same video. i cleared the cache and tried again, and it worked. seemed hit or miss. i was using the leaked .534 OS. now im on a hybrid and havent come across the error again.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    Yes

I get the same error and I am on Orange. I have no problems on Wi-fi. Definitely a carrier issue. YouTube sucks on the BlackBerry anyway! You can't always view the videos you want. You can't view comments. Sucks.
    "We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last." Muhammad Ali
    CrackBerry Newbie

It is not carrier related, i'm on wi-fi, don't have a data plan yet this issue is buggering me
    Sometime i can watch the vid, sometime it plays and cuts off after a while and sometimes i can't watch at all

Been getting this issue since only recently, i'm still ob OS5 so i think it's a change youtube made

Greetz Apple-Guy

CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    9,244 Global Posts

i found that when i deleted cookies and cache it sometimes played as normal. its hit or miss.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    189 Global Posts

I've had it since I installed the latest OS6 leak, the 534 on.

Hate how I can't play anything. Quite frankly, it doesn't even work on all wifi networks either!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Default Re: "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive"

I only have this problem over wi-fi on my 9700 w OS6, only in certain locations. Both locations use an older D-Link wireless router. This is most frustrating because others can stream youtube no problem and one of them is running a 9790 w OS7.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the torch with at&t and have the exact same problem. I don't know if it is the service provider, phone/device, etc. But I still have the same p when I disconnect my phone from at&t and use wifi.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Is there a solution to this issue, I'm having the same problem?... BB 9810, Torch
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

Have the same on mine. VF UK. Tried multiple times and it worked. then after it happened again disabled Wifi and it worked. I suggest you reset the wireless connection for Wifi on your phone and connect again. Haven't had any issues ever since.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Tried all of that. Now I have it working via carrier's network but it fails via wifi
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a Bold 9930 and it will play on the network but not on wi fi. Just recently happened after having the phone a year and a half. Same "content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive" message. Getting annoyed.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Check with the network

I had the same problem and I called my network and the first call the woman said that I can't watch you tube on the basic data plan of 250mb and that I needed to upgrade to the standard data plan of 750mb. I thought this odd since it's up to me how I use my data plan. So I went online and chatted to another advisor who told me that tmobile does not block you tube. I rang tmobile back to get technical assistance and the guy told me to take out my sim and battery and reinsert and that he would make some changes to my phone settings his end....it worked and I am now able to access youtube both with data plan and on wifi. I still don't know what the problem was as I had tmobile remove the content lock a few days ago...so whether youtube was blocked and has now been removed I don't know. But I am annoyed that the first person I spoke to tried to make me pay more money for more data which I don't need as tmobile gives unlimited browsing and your data plan is for downloads.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am experiencing the same problems! And I want to be able to view youtube videos other than my house! But nowhere has the right answer for me, I am on orange (EE)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Got2bBold13 View Post
    This is what I get when I try to watch a YouTube Video, anyone can help me?

I tried Battery Pulls, cleared my history, deleted service books and still nothing. What can this issue be?
    "I also have the same issue. Before, I can watch youtube videos using WiFi connection at home. Then one day, it doesn't play at all. When I go to office and try to stream youtube, it does play. My cousin who have BB with the same model as mine could definitely stream youtube videos as he like at home."

Please help!!b
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post