Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't sync Google Calendar (security activation problem - I think!)

I've searched for this on the forum but couldn't find a match for my particular problem.

I've been using Google Sync for months to sync my Google Calender with my Blackberry. This is hugely important to me as I only use my BB for work and I really need to have all my appointments on my Android phone. As you'll know Google stopped supporting the app. I looked around to see what I could do about it and found that if you add your gmail account through BIS you could sync your calender. So, I set up a BIS account with my carrier (BT in the UK). The website tells me:-

If you have not already done so, to start calendar synchronization, complete the security activation on your BlackBerry® device:
    1. On the Home screen, click the Setup icon and click Email Accounts or Email Settings.
    2. After you open the application, the security activation starts. When security activation is complete, calendar synchronization automatically begins.

However, when I select the "Email Accounts" icon in setup the security activation doesn't seem to start at all. I have two boxes. One headed "Activated Accounts", which says "Desktop" and the date this was activated. The second is headed "Account Activation" and says "To activate your enterprise account, enter details provided by your system administrator below." I presume the second box isn't the security activation as I don't think the Gmail account is an Enterprise Account.

I have the most up to date firmware. This is a work issued phone which is already set up with my MS Outlook email and calendar.

Help would be greatly appreciated. If there's no solution, is there any other way of syncing my google calendar?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

And I've tried re-sending the service books (although I didn't delete any first - wasn't sure which ones to delete).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    PIN
    236fb59a

i am experiencing the same problem. Unable to sync my contacts too.
    Blackberry bold 3
    Mypin: 236FB59A