Can't setup emails on new device..BIS Account Is Suspended or Deactivated!?
I recently purchased a new, Orange UK branded 9780. I unlocked it successfully, updated to the recent OS (not by Orange) and I subscribed to the Blackberry service via the STC (I'm in Saudi Arabia). I tried setting up my email account by registering on stc.blackberry.com but upon entering my PIN and IMEI I got the following message:
"Your Blackberry Internet Service Account Is Suspended or Deactivated. Please Contact STC"
I did contact STC on several occasions yet they failed to even understand my problem saying the BB service is active. The weird thing is that BBM works fine. Under "Status", Blackberry Internet Service is shown as "disconnected" therefore I cant setup emails nor use facebook without wifi.
I tried unsubscribing and then re-subscribing to the BB service from the same provider, I also tried doing a wipe of the phone. Nothing worked.
I really hope someone can help me out..any tips would be appreciated
Last edited by dbboeder; 12-31-12 at 07:39 PM.
- 01-01-13, 08:30 PM #2
Well, if BBM works and you have 3G/BB logo your BIS is working. That means the phone is good, not blacklisted as stolen, and points firmly to a problem with the account permissions. That's a network provider glitch, and you need to keep the pressure on STC.
I am confused, how can I have BBM but not email? If BBM didn't work would that mean I have no BIS?
Thanks..it helps to know at least its not my device!
- 01-02-13, 10:26 AM #14
That proves the phone is not blocked by IMEI or PIN. BBM works only over BIS so BIS is proved valid even if not fully functional. 99% probability there is a problem at the network provider side. It comes to mind that I have seen reports of some networks offering a reduced cost "social BB service" which allows BBM, facebook, etc but presumably not the more business oriented email and calendars - could this be your problem?
The only other thing you could do for test at this point would be to try switching the problem phone onto a known good BIS account (if you have a friend willing to help you).
At this point I'm lost and frustrated
- Voice, data and text work normally
- BBM works fine on both providers (STC and Mobily)
- The little BB logo next to 3G is there; I get a message that my device has been registered with the BB wireless network
- Facebook (works with Wifi) and email setup (x.blackberry.com) don't work
- Under "Service Status", "Blackberry Internet Service" is "Not Connected" at all times
==See Attached Images==
- A different provider
- A friend's operational sim w/ functioning BIS service
- A Complete wipe
NOTHING has worked. I am going mad!
I'm thinking Orange PARTIALLY disabled my PIN. Perhaps the device was bought on a plan and the plan contract was never honored?
My current plan on STC is for unlimited BBM AND emails so I don't think its a social networking limitation.
The only solutions I have left:
1. Revert the OS back to the Orange version..I installed the latest non-Orange OS for 9780 - don't think it'll make a difference
2. Call Orange and see what's going on - but perhaps I'd flag my device and they will disable it completely?
- CrackBerry Newbie
01-07-13, 01:38 AM #18
- 1 Posts
I have a similar issue. I have a Bold 9700, on Dec/30 I did a "wipe device" (including OS), and installed the OS 6 that I have been using in the last year. All the features of my phone were working, except that I can't setup a new email. I downgraded my phone back to OS 5 and the email setup didn't work. All the further attempts didn't work (restore service books, restore complete backups, etc.). I even visited the carrier technical support, but they don't know what's going on with my phone. My partial solution was going to this url: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?b...arrierNameHere (https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=claroguatemala in my case), and setup my email from that page. The email setup from my BB isn't working yet, but at least I can receive emails. Isn't weird that my carrier has the same problem? Could be something more general?
- 07-20-15, 10:27 AM #19
This is interesting.
I started a thread a few days ago with the exact same issue. The only thing that cures it for me is getting a new SIM and having the provider transfer my BIS account to the new SIM. This triggers everything as new, BUT BUT BUT.... it only lasts for a day or two, and THEN the BIS account gets deactivated again.
I've tried just about everything. I have spend days on the phone with my provider's Customer Service, and even had a Blackberry guy try and help me. No luck. Something is sending deactivation packets to my account and BIS is going into suspension. The provider says they can't help me.
The only alternatives are try ANOTHER provider, OR dump BIS.
- By FobBerry in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 3Last Post: 06-22-10, 08:02 PM
- By Bunximo in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-10, 12:10 PM
- By john.crist in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-10, 07:16 AM
- By john.crist in forum BlackBerry UnlockingReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-10, 07:16 AM
- By laceylyn in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 20Last Post: 04-30-09, 07:46 PM