Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Branta
  • 1 Post By BigBadWulf
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Can't setup emails on new device..BIS Account Is Suspended or Deactivated!?

Hi,

I recently purchased a new, Orange UK branded 9780. I unlocked it successfully, updated to the recent OS (not by Orange) and I subscribed to the Blackberry service via the STC (I'm in Saudi Arabia). I tried setting up my email account by registering on stc.blackberry.com but upon entering my PIN and IMEI I got the following message:

"Your Blackberry Internet Service Account Is Suspended or Deactivated. Please Contact STC"

I did contact STC on several occasions yet they failed to even understand my problem saying the BB service is active. The weird thing is that BBM works fine. Under "Status", Blackberry Internet Service is shown as "disconnected" therefore I cant setup emails nor use facebook without wifi.

I tried unsubscribing and then re-subscribing to the BB service from the same provider, I also tried doing a wipe of the phone. Nothing worked.

I really hope someone can help me out..any tips would be appreciated
    Last edited by dbboeder; 12-31-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Well, if BBM works and you have 3G/BB logo your BIS is working. That means the phone is good, not blacklisted as stolen, and points firmly to a problem with the account permissions. That's a network provider glitch, and you need to keep the pressure on STC.
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    CrackBerry... where only Stupid People fight about Smart Phones
    Thanked by:
    dbboeder (01-01-2013) 
    BigBadWulf and dbboeder like this.

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Definitely a carrier issue more threads here won't solve.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    dbboeder (01-01-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    Well, if BBM works and you have 3G/BB logo your BIS is working. That means the phone is good, not blacklisted as stolen, and points firmly to a problem with the account permissions. That's a network provider glitch, and you need to keep the pressure on STC.
    I also tried another carrier (Mobily) and had the same problem. Account permissions from my side (the phone) or from the carrier?

I am confused, how can I have BBM but not email? If BBM didn't work would that mean I have no BIS?
    Thanks..it helps to know at least its not my device!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Definitely a carrier issue more threads here won't solve.
    Sorry about that, I had no replies here and I figured the 9900 subforum had more traffic..i really need to make sure its a carrier issue not my IMEI/PIN being blocked by Orange UK..

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN

Not sure why two carriers had the same result, but the services are controlled by them. If the pin was blocked by RIM, nothing would work.

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Thanked by:
    dbboeder (01-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Not sure why two carriers had the same result, but the services are controlled by them. If the pin was blocked by RIM, nothing would work.
    Same if the IMEI was blocked I presume? Could the BBM be working on the WAP?

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN

No, BBM requires RIM servers, via cellular and Wi-Fi.

Thanked by:
    dbboeder (01-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

No, BBM requires RIM servers, via cellular and Wi-Fi.
    Mine only works via the cellular network, doesn't work when I have the wifi only on..hmmm

Ill try a friend's working sim and see what happens.

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN

Pst......

Check your PM inbox

Thanked by:
    dbboeder (01-02-2013) 
    dbboeder likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dbboeder View Post
    Same if the IMEI was blocked I presume? Could the BBM be working on the WAP?
    If the IMEI is blocked you will not get any service at all. Does voice work?
    <a href="http://www.galatis.de/starboard.php?d=5518"><!-- Something special for the spammers --></a>
    Thanked by:
    dbboeder (01-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Branta View Post
    If the IMEI is blocked you will not get any service at all. Does voice work?
    Yeah voice, sms, data, bbm all work fine; Facebook gives me the data package message and no emails obviously

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN

So the native browser works?

That proves the phone is not blocked by IMEI or PIN. BBM works only over BIS so BIS is proved valid even if not fully functional. 99% probability there is a problem at the network provider side. It comes to mind that I have seen reports of some networks offering a reduced cost "social BB service" which allows BBM, facebook, etc but presumably not the more business oriented email and calendars - could this be your problem?

The only other thing you could do for test at this point would be to try switching the problem phone onto a known good BIS account (if you have a friend willing to help you).
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

At this point I'm lost and frustrated

- Voice, data and text work normally
    - BBM works fine on both providers (STC and Mobily)
    - The little BB logo next to 3G is there; I get a message that my device has been registered with the BB wireless network
    - Facebook (works with Wifi) and email setup (x.blackberry.com) don't work
    - Under "Service Status", "Blackberry Internet Service" is "Not Connected" at all times

==See Attached Images==

I tried:

- A different provider
    - A friend's operational sim w/ functioning BIS service
    - A Complete wipe

NOTHING has worked. I am going mad!

I'm thinking Orange PARTIALLY disabled my PIN. Perhaps the device was bought on a plan and the plan contract was never honored?
    My current plan on STC is for unlimited BBM AND emails so I don't think its a social networking limitation.

The only solutions I have left:

1. Revert the OS back to the Orange version..I installed the latest non-Orange OS for 9780 - don't think it'll make a difference
    2. Call Orange and see what's going on - but perhaps I'd flag my device and they will disable it completely?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't setup emails on new device..BIS Account Is Suspended or Deactivated!?-2013_01_03_01_46_59.jpg   Can't setup emails on new device..BIS Account Is Suspended or Deactivated!?-2013_01_03_01_46_30.jpg   Can't setup emails on new device..BIS Account Is Suspended or Deactivated!?-lzwr9.jpg  

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN

A little patience. Should be to the bottom of it soon. Changing OS won't help, and Orange most likely won't want to talk to you. You aren't blocked.

Global Posts
    35,127 Global Posts
    PIN

You need to contact your carrier.

CrackBerry Newbie

I have a similar issue. I have a Bold 9700, on Dec/30 I did a "wipe device" (including OS), and installed the OS 6 that I have been using in the last year. All the features of my phone were working, except that I can't setup a new email. I downgraded my phone back to OS 5 and the email setup didn't work. All the further attempts didn't work (restore service books, restore complete backups, etc.). I even visited the carrier technical support, but they don't know what's going on with my phone. My partial solution was going to this url: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?b...arrierNameHere (https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=claroguatemala in my case), and setup my email from that page. The email setup from my BB isn't working yet, but at least I can receive emails. Isn't weird that my carrier has the same problem? Could be something more general?