Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry radio turned off but don't have data plan?

Please excuse me if this question is long. I've been using the web browser on my blackberry bold for a while now with absolutely no data plan and the browser has been functioning perfectly with WiFi only. After maybe a week I went to google.ca and i got this message "Blackberry radio is turned off please turn radio on and try again", I don't have a SIM card in my phone and when ever I do turn on the radio it says no SIM card is in there.I reset my phone and the web browser worked fine for a week again, then the message came again. I would like to know why I was able to surf the web with zero problems and without tampering with any options until all of a sudden i need a SIM card to do the same thing I've been doing for the past week. I went on my computer and searched my question up but go answers like " got to options, then go to advanced options". For some reason, my blackberry doesn't have an advanced options in "options" or "browser options". my options menu looks like this: http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos/view/...tions-menu.jpg

But every answer to my question I got on the internet says the option menu is supposed to look like this:http://blizzard.cs.uwaterloo.ca/eaol...ge/options.png

So what's going on? Why was I able to use the BB browser before just fine and now it doesn't use WiFi anymore? And why is my options menu so different from everybody elses
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Williams View Post
    So what's going on? Why was I able to use the BB browser before just fine and now it doesn't use WiFi anymore? And why is my options menu so different from everybody elses
    1) RIM is closing the loop and making it harder for people to cheat the system. Get a data plan.
    2)It's Options > Device > Advanced System Settings now. That menu showing Advanced Options is from OS5 or older.
    That's Phill with 2 L's