Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold 9780 scratch and finger print ressistant screen

Anyone know if the 9780 has a scratch and fingerprint resistant screen or either one? Because i'm planning to buy one soon upgrading from the 9000 and I HATE applying screen protectors. Why? Because I had a hard time applying them in the past. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Best guess is that the 9780 screen is the same physically as the 9700. As far as I know they haven't made any changes to the form factor other than colour.

Not 100% but I know for a fact my 9700 doesn't like car keys
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

Keep on gettin them screen protectors!

You can always get like an invisishield attached.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

thats the 9700 specs, sure the 9780 will be almost identical.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    699 Global Posts

I loved screen protectors on my 9530, they looked great and were easy to clean and I didn't have to worry about the screen... However, I hate them on my 9700. The PPI is just too high, and all of the three types of screen protectors I have tried have either blurred or distorted the beautiful screen (especially in direct light or sunlight) on my phone. I run an Otterbox commuter, keep my blackberry in its factory holster when not in use, and wipe the screen down daily, and (touch wood) I still don't have a single scratch on the screen. (oh, and I really am a mechanic, and I couldn't work in a more 'electronics un-friendly' environment)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,861 Global Posts

I have the privacy screen on my Bold. It wipes off easily and protects the screen.
    I have no glare issues and no one can see what is on my screen. It doesn't void out any warranty. I have tried Invisible and the Ghost Armour. I like the privacy screen.
    got it at the Verizon store and it is easy to apply. If you are all thumbs, they will put it on for you. It is very simple to do

Have an Incredible day !
    Phoenix Suns Rule !
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

It is reasonably scratch resistant. It depends on how hard you try, I suppose.

I still have the original plastic screen cover stuck on mine. Yes, the one that was on it when I took it out of the box. I never removed it. I just cut off the little tab on the bottom the help you remove it.
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete6 View Post

I still have the original plastic screen cover stuck on mine. Yes, the one that was on it when I took it out of the box. I never removed it. I just cut off the little tab on the bottom the help you remove it.

Just like my fiance, she is right.. why go buy a screen protector when that works fine for her. She wont cut the plastic tab off because she is worried it might lift a little bit and create an air pocket.
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    PIN
    YES

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    Keep on gettin them screen protectors!

You can always get like an invisishield attached.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

thats the 9700 specs, sure the 9780 will be almost identical.
    Second vote for zagg screen protectors... Formerly called InvisibleShield

I purchased one 4-5 years ago for my 8300 and have gotten one for every device since.... Great little product.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

The problem with those thin screen protectors is the air bubbles that get stuck under it. Right now I have the Privacy Screen protector on my bold 9000. Easy to apply and remove. Its great and all but the screen protector itself gets scratched easity which is annoying. But I guess as long as its not on the actual screen i'm fine. Anyways just need a good method to remove those air bubbles, I've tried the card method but works sometimes only

Banned

Global Posts
    6,600 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

I have never used any type of screen protector and never scratched any of my Blackberry screens. Keep your device in a holster and not in your pocket.
    CrackBerry Newbie

just buy the screen protector from ebay. they are a lot cheaper.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    Just like my fiance, she is right.. why go buy a screen protector when that works fine for her. She wont cut the plastic tab off because she is worried it might lift a little bit and create an air pocket.
    You don't need to lift anything. You just take a r e a l l y sharp knife or razor knif and cut the 1/8" wide tab off. Done.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    I have never used any type of screen protector and never scratched any of my Blackberry screens. Keep your device in a holster and not in your pocket.
    Um, thanks but I don't think so, dad.

Holsters are the epitome of nerd. They are our generations' pocket protector and they pair well with minivans, dockers, and sneakers worn with everything. Maybe I'll start drinking Bud Light while I'm at it.

I prefer a Vaja case despite their high cost. And if you must go naked at least a screen protector ensures you won't wreck the screen.
    "And if you don't know now you know..."
    -C. Wallace
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by greggebhardt View Post
    I think i'll go with the screen protector. i'm a 19 year old and go to college so having a Holster attached to my belt or pants would be too geeky and nerdy and I would never use it. Oh and pulling it in and out everytime u receive a message is just too much work and annoying. A skin and screen protector should do it.

CrackBerry Abuser

Luqman, a skin will be a b1tch to pull out of any pocket, especially jeans. Consider getting a sleeve for it like what RIM offered with the 8300 series.

BlackBerry Synthetic Pocket Pouch for Curve 8330, Curve 8320, Curve 8310, Curve 8300 (Black) - CrackBerry Canada
    -C. Wallace
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ping Me

mine the same, used a blade to cut the little tab off.

i dont understand why phone manufacutrers just supply these fitted or make scratch resistent screens.
    ----------
    Motorola M301 > Various Nokias > iPhone > Blackberry 9000 > Blackberry 9700 > Blackberry 9000 > Blackberry 9780
    Banned

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

what skin is good for 9780?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by samosa View Post
    i dont understand why phone manufacutrers just supply these fitted or make scratch resistent screens.
    Because it would effect businesses who make screen protectors ie Zagg.

Quote Originally Posted by htm986 View Post
    Luqman, a skin will be a b1tch to pull out of any pocket, especially jeans. Consider getting a sleeve for it like what RIM offered with the 8300 series.

BlackBerry Synthetic Pocket Pouch for Curve 8330, Curve 8320, Curve 8310, Curve 8300 (Black) - CrackBerry Canada
    I've had a skin on my 9000 for a year and had no problems pulling it out at all.

CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by luqman24 View Post
    I've had...no problems pulling it out at all.
    That's what she said
    -C. Wallace
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

+1. Now I know I'm not the only one

CrackBerry User

I'm pretty sure when I bought my Otter Box commuter series case for my 8520 that it came with an awesome screen protector. And those cases are perfect for "in pocket" transpo because they have a hard plastic outer shell that slides against your pants nicely..... no joke material there :P
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Hoegarrden PLEASE!!!

no matter how hard it is to apply, APPLY ONE! My 9700 screen is looking like sh*t and it's all my fault for not protecting it. Go through the hassle, it WILL be worth it!
    9780/.600
    PlayBook 16GB

"Lead others, Follow only your DREAMS!"
    -M.Washington
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

I orderd a 4 pack screen protector off ebay for 1.00 plus free shipping, it came out to 1.03 in CAD lol, I havent received it yet but for a buck you cant go wrong.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

I got 2 privacy screen protectors for $5.18 CAD. That is why ebay is my #1 choice for accessories lol

CrackBerry Newbie

Just bought a Best Skin Ever for my 9900

bestskinsever.com

Less expensive version of the Invisishield.

SLiK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast