CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Bold 9780 freezes

My blackberry bold 9780 freezes everytime I open an application, if anybody else had this problem and know how to fix it, please tell me. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,421 Global Posts

Default Re: Blackberry Bold 9780 freezes

App related problems:
    1. Poorly written app
    2. App not originally written for the 9780 (you "side loaded" it)
    3. Too many apps running in the background, thereby decreasing your processing memory.

It could also be a hardware issue. How long have you had this phone, and how long since this app started crapping out on you?
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It's not just one app, it's every app, even when I just start up the phone it'll freeze for about a minute then become responsive again. When I open up anything like settings, messages, media, camera, and even try to unlock the phone, everything just stops working for a moment then come back. These freezes won't stop no matter what i do. I've tried wiping the entire phone and that didn't help either. I've looked into reloading the OS but not experienced enough to know if it'll work.

Don't know how long my friend had this phone but he just recently gave to me.

Global Posts
    5,421 Global Posts

What OS are you running? You can find it by pressing alt-shift-H, and looking at 'app version'.

If the OS build you report back is too old, it might be a good idea to update it.

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

It says I'm running version 6.0.0.666. People tell me that it's the version my phone should be running and they said the freezing may be a hardware issue. Thanks for your time and help anyways.

Global Posts
    5,421 Global Posts

Hmm...your OS is one of the latest and most liked ones. Has your friend the original owner said anything about having similar problems?

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts

What condition is the memory card in? When you wiped the phone, did you wipe the memory card as well?
    Wondering if that is having read\write issues. Try testing phone with the memory card removed or swapped to a different one.
    Go through the list of apps, remove one by one and see if phone comes back to life. (Especially any gimmick type app from no name companies which offer junk like "extra smilies" in case these are spyware releated)