Hey there I'm just going to help out some of the members here who may or may not have some questions to ask. If you own a 9780 feel free to chime in otherwise don't answer a question when you don't even own the phone, simply because other users who actually have the phone will know.
I second this comment. How 'bout one (or more) of you guys giving us some vid demos of this operating system in action on the 9780 including your personal audio review(s) of the op systems performance?
Thanks for the response 3vopheonix, I posted this in the wrong thread a minute ago but my question remains the same. I'm sure I'm misunderstanding it but the last couple posts I've seen for specs on this phone have the SD card listed the following way, "Micro SD - 32 GB Support - High Capacity also usable for applications" What do they mean by that?
1. (not a question--) This is my first post on crackberry. I've been reading the boards for only a few months at best, so I apologize beforehand for n00b questions
2. So the 9780 is what the R020 will be officially known as?
3. I'm a disgruntled iPhone 3G owner with ATT service living in California. I will be switching to the Blackberry R020 (aka Bold 9780?). Do you happen to know what the price point will be for this device? I expect to (reluctantly) extend my contract with ATT, so I should get the "upgrade price"
4. I currently pay $30 a month for unlimited iPhone data service. I am grandfathered in to that plan until I change something. Will switching from iPhone to BB cause me to automatically opt-out of my grandfathered, unlimited data plan?
(I realize that this question would be better served on an cell phone service forum, but I figured I would ask here anyway, in case 3vophx or someone else might know...)
5. I know there's a lot of ****-talking between iPhone/BB/Android/etc, but honestly, do you guys think I will lose anything significant in my switch from an iPhone to BB?
3. That question is impossible to answer there are many factors involving marketing/ planning/ and such. It could be like how in Canada rogers/bell quietly replaced the curve 8520/8530 with the 9300 with the same asking price.
4.That depends on your provider, again I live in Canada and I run off the rogers/fido network there use to be a 6gb data plan only for iPhone but customers asking from retentions asked if they could add the BIS option onto it basically blackberry data and they allowed. Now I believe though ATT will not allow you to grandfather that plan for a blackberry data plan since it costs ATT money to run BIS. (Blackberry Internet Service)
Note: If you do get a blackberry plan you are able to use regular data on it, so if you have a blackberry data plan and you want to use your iphone/android/whatever smart phone once in a while it will work but it will not work the other way if you have a regular data plan such as the iphone one which will work with android and anything requiring regular data to process it will not work on a black berry.
5. Unless you love video games/media/music everything is achievable on the Berry and more. You'll love BBM, for music just get a MicroSDHC card and bam you have music too, Youtube runs as well so your only missing out on games.
CrackBerry is in no way Affiliated with BlackBerry. We take pride in our unbiased content, however do occasionally receive free products from vendors that we review or discuss. For more info click here.