CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    22D261DC
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default blackberry 9780 is available?!?!

this place in vancouver, canada is selling blackberry 9780.... i called them and they said they got it from an insider at rim.

GSMHookup.com - Vancouvers best source for the latest UNLOCKED GSM Cell phones and Accessories!

don't know if it's legit or not.

Buyer beware for sure. Have a look at my posts in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f219/ur...0-sale-514354/
    Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!

Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
    Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures

Visit: http://www.shao-soft.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    22D261DC
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

too good to be true i guess!

good thing i steered clear.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

I looked around online for reviews of gsmhookup a few days ago, or for reviews of people who have bought phones there....I found a few...The owner's name is Manny, he has a shop downtown, and he seems legit...Now, would I send him money for one of his phones? NO FREAKIN WAY...But if I was in Vancouver, I wouldnt hesitate to check his place out.
    BB History: Curve 8310 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 -->
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    PIN
    CH me I am Dreaming

I wouldnt believe it. If its to good to be true then it usually is.
    DEVICE PROGRESSION
    8130>8330>9530>9630>9650>9550>9930>Note 2>Iphone 5
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default blackberry 9780

i bought it from gsmhookup and everything is working fine it is much faster and better and camera quality is good too
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

I contacted them and they would not ship stateside but then all of a sudden the "partner" said that they would. I got wary and decided to pass.

I have left the 9800 and gone back to my 9700 till this phone is delivered.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thats weird...I sent them an email last week to ask if theyd be listing any on Ebay...he said no, but he would overnight ship me one to Florida if I paypal'd him the cash...I of course said no thanks.

Again, Id only deal with them in person.
    BB History: Curve 8310 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 --> Bold 9700 --> Torch 9800 -->

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

Ha, they guy told me that they did not regulary take PayPal! Glad I pulled out!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I live in vancouver, and I came across this posting as well on craigslist. I'll be going to his shop in downtown and see the phone in person myself, and update you guys!
    CrackBerry User

i'm in vancouver as well
    i wanna go check out this place

in the market for a new berry...wait for torch, 9780 or just get the bold 9700 right now?
    BlackBerry Bold 9700

iPhone 3G
    iPhone 1st gen
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ping Me

Quote Originally Posted by Marco8626 View Post
    i'm in vancouver as well
    i wanna go check out this place

in the market for a new berry...wait for torch, 9780 or just get the bold 9700 right now?
    i say wait for the 9780
    ----------
    Motorola M301 > Various Nokias > iPhone > Blackberry 9000 > Blackberry 9700 > Blackberry 9000 > Blackberry 9780

Global Posts
    6,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not - NO!

SO you people that live there how about letting us know what you found!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM If You Want It

Looked too sketch to me looking at the website. RIM hasn't even announced this phone yet, so even though they work they are probably not the final product, and definitely not RIM-approved to be released which means their PIN's will probably be blocked if they aren't already. I am definitely opting for patience until the actual release.
    BlackBerry Z10 LE, PlayBook 64GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Scam alert!

I see this "company" being flagged on Craigslist all the time...........they sell knock-off's not the real product. Beware.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

I've dealt with Manny himself a few times (once when getting my first BB 8320, second when getting my BB 8900, and then recently again when getting my BB 9800) and on ALL occasions, he has been nothing but helpful. His service is consistent and he often goes the whole nine yards to ensure that the customer is satisfied with the product before leaving his office. He is also very understanding if you come back to him with problems that you may have with the phone or the OS and assists you as much as he can in resolving them.

He does have a partner who I have not directly dealt with so I cannot say anything about how he conducts his business but for those of you in Canada who are weary of dealing this GSMHOOKUP, I would tell you that you don't need to worry.

Of course, the fact that I am located in Vancouver where their office is is an advantage as I can see the product and test it out before purchasing, so all local buyers, give it a shot. Those of you who are worried about shipping and stuff like that, personally I don't like paying for an expensive product to have it shipped if I can't test it first, but that's just me.

For me, GSMHOOKUP has offered great experiences when buying my phones and I would recommend them to friends and others. The only thing is sometimes it does take a while for them to get stock in, so if you're impatient, you'd hate it.