09-12-13 10:34 PM
- Recently my battery on my bold 9780 is weird and buggy, it will ALWAYS turn off and say battery low even though it's 50% battery WITHOUT FAIL.
I thought it can be solved by just battery pulls but no, it happens everyday. Was using .650 firmware, then I updated to .668 hybrid and it's the same.
Also, when charging, it can suddenly boost from 65% battery to 100% battery in less than 30 min (not possible at all).
I suspect it has to do with the battery but not OS, but in engineering screen the battery health is still 95%.
So should I change a battery or my phone is spoiled? Thanks in advance.11-07-11 11:07 AM
- I have a similar issue with my battery. My battery display doesn't show the correct level sometimes and my phone will completely turn off at 20-35%. After a battery pull, it will show 100 percent but will turn off 5 mins later. I have to charge it and do a few pulls to get it back to normal or to what I think it normal.
Just started happening within the last 2 months.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-07-11 03:11 PM
- Yep, count me in. The last week or so, the battery has been acting weird. It'll say 50% or even 75% and then it'll "shutdown because the battery is drained". I've tried different charging cycles with the battery. Battery pulls, etc. Just been completely wierd and unpredictable.11-08-11 06:36 PM
- I can confirm it is not a software problem because I wiped and installed max's .668 hybrid from my stock .650, identical issue; UNLESS, both .650 and .668 has this bug which I doubt so.
I am going to get a replacement battery, I'll see how it goes. This really sucks, it is like having only 50% of battery juice.11-09-11 06:59 AM
- Same here. I downgraded to .650 and still had the same trouble. I then downgraded to the official T-mobile .448 and I am still having trouble with random reboots. I also switched the battery from my old 9700 (which runs fine in the 9700) and I'm still getting random shutdowns. Incidentally, the battery out of my 9780 is working fine in the 9700.
I'm thinking it's app related. I had recently installed some games and Vlingo and it seems to be coinciding with it. Maybe I'll wipe it again, reinstall .668 and only reload the ESSENTIAL apps and see how that goes for a few days.11-12-11 03:14 PM
- i had the same problem.
it was my battery.
i ordered a new battery from a 3rd party and it did not solve the problem because the 3rd party battery was as bad as my bad battery.
get urself a decent Blackberry RIM OEM NEW battery.
solved my problem immediately.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk02-11-13 10:34 PM
- Internal circuitry prevents it from even getting close to overcharging , i think you are right,
i'm from china, got a used 9780 from "taobao",about $200，along with two original battery(A+B) and a charger(about $2, i guess), i left battery A charging all night long ,the next morning i put battery A into the phone, left the battery B charging in the charger, everything is fine, then one day i went out , using the video camera,the phone suddenly shut off, even there is still 50% battery life left, after searching the answers for this issue, i gave up, buy a new battery ,everything back to normal,
i read a article about battery,but it's written in chinese,锂电芯电压 高于 4.2V 后， 正极材料内剩下的锂原子数量不到一半， 此时储存格常会垮掉， 让电池容量产生永久性的下降。 i can't translate to you due to my poor english, overcharge can downsize the volume of the battery,like 100% to 60%, that's why your phone shut down when there is 30-40% left, in fact your battery has nothing left ,
after all ,do not over charge your phone especially using a external charger like mine03-01-13 08:50 AM
- Well I have blackberry 9780bold my case is different my phone fall in water after that moment the battery is just red even if I charge it for two (2) days it won't move from 1%. I down loaded Battery boaster nw I can measure it with voltage as shown by the application I tried to warm it on hot air but never change can some one help please I'm struggling couase it can anytime switch radio and data until I reset it06-25-13 09:41 AM
- I'm having the same problem with my battery on my 9780. Moment it hits between 30 to 45% my battery is drained. I did replace the battery with an original battery and I have the same problem. I thought it was a software fault, so I wiped the phone and reloaded a new/upgraded OS but yet again the same thing happens. I seriously doubt that the battery is faulty, cause I did try my old battery and new battery on another 9780 and it works perfect...08-19-13 06:21 PM
- I believe that would be an original equipment manufacturers (OEM) battery, not an aftermarket manufacturer.
I am searching because of the same issue, 9780 and 9700 shutting down because of drained battery when it shows a 50% charge.
Suspected flash light app on 9780 and deleted it because phone was shutting down after flash picture. Turning flash off of camera seamed to help short term. Today I sent a text and it shut down. I have always left bluetooth and wifi on. I do know my wifi drops in and out at work. A few weeks back I spent four days in Niagara Falls Canada, constantly swapping from T-Mobie to Rodgers seemed to be hard on the battery. Both phones are about three years old. Back to the search09-12-13 10:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD