Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any word on when the Blackberry Bold 9780 will be available on Verizon?

Soooo does anybody have any info about when the Blackberry Bold 9780 is coming out on Verizon?

I am eligible for my upgrade, but every BB phone Verizon has is outdated and lame. I want the 9780!! Mainly because of the 5.0MP pixel camera.

Please help!! My Storm is a total piece of junk right now, touch screen is all messed up, I can barely use it, I NEED a new phone but don't want to be stuck with some outdated lame device for two years while everybody is using the hottest 5.0MP BB's.

Verizon really needs to get it's sh** together!! This whole "exclusivity" game in the phone world is pretty lame. I'm not going to switch providers just because a new phone comes out. Grr

HELP!
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Yup... never

The 9780 is a GSM device
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Why never? Lame.
    CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

...because the 9780 is a GSM device, and Verizon is a CDMA carrier

You have the 9650
    That's Phill with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Not going to happen. Maybe something similar but not 9780.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    ...because the 9780 is a GSM device, and Verizon is a CDMA carrier

You have the 9650
    seriously! if you would think taht if people have a bb then by now they would atleast know the difference between the carriers and or technology. and btw i liked the first post!
    Retired CrackBerry Ambassador

Global Posts
    18,873 Global Posts
    PIN
    nahhhhh.....

Verizon's 9650 is an awesome device, and I believe that there are OS6 leaks. Mine is on BES so even if OS6 were official I'd have to wait for IT to load it....but be that as it may, the 9650 is a fantastic device, a "cousin" to the 9700/9780.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanked by:
    rpventure (11-19-2010) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

I'm sure RIM will produce something along the lines of a 9690. It'll look just like the 9650, except it'll have a dark bezel. It will run BB6 natively and have a 5MP camera. Everything else will be the same and we'll hear complaints on CB. :P

Thanked by:
    rpventure (11-19-2010) 
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

*facepalm*
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fubaz View Post
    *facepalm*
    looooooooool
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=977

Free full-body clear sheild, $2.85 shipped to your door, no tax
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    T anyone?

Moving from an 8900 to the 9780, I've got NO complaints! This thing rocks, but.... well, we all know the backstory here.
    Gregerator here = Lombaki on Twitter.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
    seriously! if you would think taht if people have a bb then by now they would atleast know the difference between the carriers and or technology. and btw i liked the first post!
    I apologize for not being an expert on the various network technologies that phone carriers use. "SERIOUSLY!". This is a topic about as interesting to me as what Barack Obama had for breakfast.

I use my phone to make phone calls, text, surf the web, check Facebook, send and receive Emails. Like most people.

While I do appreciate the help of the useful members of this forum, there is no need to chime in with your smartass comments. I'm sure there are plenty of things you don't know, like how to type for one.

Regards,
    RP
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by gregerator View Post
    I'm sure RIM will produce something along the lines of a 9690. It'll look just like the 9650, except it'll have a dark bezel. It will run BB6 natively and have a 5MP camera. Everything else will be the same and we'll hear complaints on CB. :P

Thank you for your reply. I just wish Verizon/RIM would stop lagging behind.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

Quote Originally Posted by rpventure View Post
    I apologize for not being an expert on the various network technologies that phone carriers use. "SERIOUSLY!". This is a topic about as interesting to me as what Barack Obama had for breakfast.

I use my phone to make phone calls, text, surf the web, check Facebook, send and receive Emails. Like most people.

While I do appreciate the help of the useful members of this forum, there is no need to chime in with your smartass comments. I'm sure there are plenty of things you don't know, like how to type for one.

Regards,
    RP
    lol. i like the part about not typing. i read my comment and saw what i did then i saw this and it made me laugh. good response
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Hoegarrden PLEASE!!!

Wow, one typo and he is immediately discredited?!?! I mean the OP didn't know GSM vs. CDMA!! I know you use your BB very limited and I'm sure there is a forum for you, but most of us here are in the know and find it funny when questions like that are asked. Its like asking if Ford is gonna get a Corvette!

Yep.... Never! Lol!

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

I believe a devive like the 9780 willl hit Verizon, but not until most likely 2011, and hopefully it'll be of LTE flavor. Which will be SIM ready...woo hoo!!! World Phone that'll be sharred with Vodaphone I would imagine.