Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 9780 Tips + Tricks

Hi everyone:
    with the 6.0 software and no "touch" let's all add our "tips and tricks " here to help save everyone time.
    Tks all,

First one I like;
    Since I am not sure where certain functions are with the new software and instead of wasting time, I go to the Universal search and type in the item I am looking for:
    For example: status - if i am looking for my pin number- then I can see it is now under "Device + Status Information'

ok who is next- hey we might end up with a book here
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi;
    I just got my BB 9780 last week. I notice that my mobile display is not shown at all. It says ünknown number"on the top screen when I press the green button for calls. I do not understand it. Why my moble nos can't be displayed? Thks in advance.
    Gintai_昇泰 [BB 9780]
    PIN: 2390BD7D
    palmuser@ymail.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/palmuser_alan
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

@Gintai:
    Goto Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Sim Card > Press Menu button, click Edit SIM Phone number and save.

Insert your mobile number and it will not show "Unknown Number: again.
    Thanked by:
    kyle121 (12-27-2010) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by smartbuddy View Post
    @Gintai:
    Goto Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>Sim Card > Press Menu button, click Edit SIM Phone number and save.

Prob solved ! Thks so much for your guidance. Cheers !
    Gintai_昇泰 [BB 9780]
    PIN: 2390BD7D
    palmuser@ymail.com
    http://twitter.com/#!/palmuser_alan
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by smartbuddy View Post
    @Gintai:

I did this but it says Access to SIM card is denied. I disabled security, enable it again but I had the same result.
    Weird thing is that when I use my other SIM card, the mobile number is there...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greenfan View Post
    I did this but it says Access to SIM card is denied. I disabled security, enable it again but I had the same result.
    Weird thing is that when I use my other SIM card, the mobile number is there...
    Its a problem relating to SIM card i believe which does not allow write access, check with your operator.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Sensitivity!!!

Ok I have the 9780, and I am really disappointed in it!!. does anyone know if with the new upgrade, will that correct the sensitivity with the cursor???? I am becoming very annoyed with when I am trying to send text/email the cursor ends up jumping all over the screen. Please help
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Jax View Post
    Ok I have the 9780, and I am really disappointed in it!!. does anyone know if with the new upgrade, will that correct the sensitivity with the cursor???? I am becoming very annoyed with when I am trying to send text/email the cursor ends up jumping all over the screen. Please help
    try changing the trackpad sensitivity in the menu opton under typing and input