Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, Bold 9780 is best for keyboard, battery life and for my daily work, but not good for browsing internet. I and lots of 9780's users have problem with Wi-Fi connectivity. I've searched in this forum and found out that thing.
    linhnguyen3010 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Quote Originally Posted by BBerryPowerUser View Post
    What's your current Berry? Curious. Thanks.
    I currently have a 9860 and a 9900.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    I currently have a 9860 and a 9900.
    Thanks. Well, you have the gold standards.

I have a business colleague whom has the 9900, he upgraded from the 9780. He loves it. The rest of his company is on iPhone. He has stuck it out with BBerry because, as he says, "He has to get stuff done". I hear that.

I'll keep my 9780 until "10" is out for about six months and then probably hop on to that platform.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I have owned the 9900 for over a year and took me forever to get used to the wider keyboard; have to spread my thumbs wide open to reach the keys on the last rows at the edges (Although I have medium size hands), it's also annoying that having a bigger screen I still feel extremely claustrophobic when reading the calendar, and you can still fit the same amount of icons on a row. On the positive side, any keyboard before had a "plasticky" feeling where with the 9900 its like typing on a mini laptop keyboard, and after the very first software upgrade I never had any complaints about the battery. But as solid as the 9900 may be I dislike jewlery and the 9900 simply looks and feels like jewlery to me.

I just bought an unlocked 9780 on amazon because of it's compact size, none touch screen, blacked out look, leather back cover, overall, because it looks way more of a manly phone. It feels "cheaper" but I also don't feel bad for tossing around, touching it (because all touch screens end up being "greasy screens") without remorse. I can type much faster regardless of its keyboard's stiffness, the calendar week view gives me two extra hours a day, although music sounds much crispier on the 9900, I still like the way ring tones sound a lot "softer" on the 9780, maybe what has impressed me the most is that I get much better service/signal on t-mobile's 2G than AT&T's 4G, and from what I hear, I'm also about to be very impressed by its battery lifetime.

If I could change anything on it would be getting rid of the useless panels and stick the Bold 9000's calendar on it, but overall it's fair to say I completely conclude that the 9780 is the slickest Bold of all time, I say that having the 9900 next to it, and by the looks of the upcoming BB10 physical keyboard design I can already tell 9780 and I are gonna be friends for a loooong time.

Saludos
    Antonio.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAllen View Post
    I've though about picking one up on ebay now for about $250. But then I'd have to re-buy a few apps ...

Almost worth it.
    I own five different Blackberries and never had to re-buy any apps; everytime I want to switch phones I just sign in on App world and that's it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

When I shelved my 9780 for an Android and then an iPhone for a six month stint, I missed it horribly. I'm not sure I would have missed my old BBerry Curve as much.

I remember when I upgraded (by accident) to the 9780. I had left home for a long business trip to Seattle. I left my Curve sitting at home by accident. I was without my phone! Ouch. I stopped in to a T-Mo store in Seattle and they did an upgrade to a newer Curve. It was OK but not much of an upgrade. About a week later, I went to another T-Mo corporate store in Redmond just to see if there was anything better than the meager upgrade I had received and the manager said they had just got in one or two brand new 9780's with the new os 6 operating system. He recommended I upgrade. He said I would not regret it. I followed his wise advice, and the rest was history. When I got home, I sold my old curve online. If I had not left the old Curve at home for my 3 week business trip, I probably never would have been accidentally introduced to the great 9780. And going from the 9780 to an Android and then an iPhone was interesting, but I missed the Bold 9780 terribly and reactivated it on Simple Mobile a few months ago.

When I strayed, I was even more appreciative of BIS and the Bold 9780 when I returned. It was like I was truly coming home. I'll keep the 9780, as I stated previously, for about another six to 12 months, depending on how the BB 10 does. I think eventually I'll upgrade to 10, but not right off the bat. I'll enjoy the awesome 9780 for a while yet.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

I just picked up a near new 9780 on eBay for $140.00. I'm going to use it until BB10 lands here. Should be here Tuedsay, so am looking forward to getting reacquainted with the best Blackberry to date.
    CrackBerry User

Dropped this phone so many times and it never broke. This thing is a tank.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    28519AFC

I also find this has been the best deviceas i have had 8520,Storm,9300,9700,9780,9360,9790 but my only issue is i live in a basement APT right now and cant get any consistent coverage so i had to convert back to my Curve 9360 which for whatever reason works better.
    Strange but true
    Paul Atherton
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by blackberry-unlocking710 View Post
    I think that the 9900 has the best keyboard.. but the Bold 9780 and the Bold 9000 are a few of those best Blackberry devices ever made.
    Couldn't have said it better The 9900 shall be my next purchase God willing
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

The 9780 for me has superb battery life, a nice keyboard (although thanks to my hands wouldn't mind Bold 9900 size) and a very usable camera and the feel of the device is just brilliant. Wouldn't want to miss it now and see its full potential. As some people said before I don't feel the need to get a new phone any time soon. Will check out BB10 but as long as my phone works I don't intend to retire it. It'll be used until it falls apart.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crisdean View Post
    It'll be used until it falls apart.
    That is what I love about the Bold. It is so tough that this kind of quote could mean it will last for many years.

My last phone was a Nokia 6210... and that lasted me just over ten years.... not sure if the Bold will compete with that, but can't see why not.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

The 9780 is my first blackberry, just over 2 years now. It has survived drops and a good down pour (little bit of rice can't fix) and still works flawlessly. My otter box has been on it since day 1 which has saved it numerous times! Indeed the 9780 is the best, still highly excited for the Z10!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

I am amazed at how many Berries some have owned. I have only had three. My 9780 is by far the top shelf so far. Yes yes yes indeed, I am not in a hurry to upgrade it anytime in the immediate future, but perhaps at year end when the new "10" is tried, true, and has dropped a bit in price...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Batter Pudding View Post
    That is what I love about the Bold. It is so tough that this kind of quote could mean it will last for many years.

My last phone was a Nokia 6210... and that lasted me just over ten years.... not sure if the Bold will compete with that, but can't see why not.
    Yeah so far this device (replacement as the original one developed a screen fault) is going strong despite some use and the keys look like new and feel like it as well. Rocksolid! Now to be sure I want to get it a case and I'm sure it'll indeed as you said last me a few years. Which I'd be very much looking forward to
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Default 9780- Best BlackBerry Ever!

Well, another HARD and FURIOUS week pounding the keys of my 9780. I have had this beauty since T-MO launched it. 2 years? The keyboard is just now starting to show wear, BECAUSE, I have big fingers and tend to type with my thumb fingernails since that insures accuracy. I'm starting to show wear on a few keys and spacebar from this method. But it took 2 years, and, the wear is not that bad! I feel it will last easily for another year until I would need to replace the keyboard. What a machine!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    276B662A

Default 9780 - 1st BB

I have never used a BB before (because its price doesnt suit me). I found this 2ndhand BB from Ebay and now I dont think of changing to other touchscreen phone because I just fell in love with it physical keyboard ^_^

From my dear BlackBerry 9780
    Motorola V60 ~~> Nokia 1650 ~~> Nokia 7610 ~~> Nokia 5130 Express Music ~~> Samsung Corby 3653 + Nokia 1202 (lost) + Nokia 1208 ~~> Blackberry 9780
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Default 9780- Best BlackBerry Ever!

Welcome to productivity land!
    Well, you sure got a GREAT 2nd hand Berry. Congrats!

Let us know how you are getting along with your Berry as time goes by.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

After changed to ios and android and a billion of other blackberries, i can't agree more. 9780 is my favourite phone ever!
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Phill_UK View Post
    It's a great phone, there's no denying that... but it's not the best BlackBerry ever. That mantle is currently held by the 9900.
    Gotta disagree with you Phill. I went from a 9780 to a 9900 and initially loved it. The 9900 is probably the most attractive looking BB out there IMO (even over my current Q10). However, that dang 9900 was a pile of bugs and inefficiencies and is probably one of the reasons BB is where it is today. The 9780 has more apps, a far better camera, and FAR better battery life; not to mention an OS that simply functions as it should. It is the only BB with a fully worked through BBOS to date. I am VERY glad I did not sell it when I bought my Q10. Never going to sell it either.

Thumbs up to the OP.
    Thanked by:
    BBerryPowerUser (09-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IamFrankly View Post
    Gotta disagree with you Phill. I went from a 9780 to a 9900 and initially loved it. The 9900 is probably the most attractive looking BB out there IMO (even over my current Q10). However, that dang 9900 was a pile of bugs and inefficiencies and is probably one of the reasons BB is where it is today. The 9780 has more apps, a far better camera, and FAR better battery life; not to mention an OS that simply functions as it should. It is the only BB with a fully worked through BBOS to date. I am VERY glad I did not sell it when I bought my Q10. Never going to sell it either.

Thumbs up to the OP.
    Interesting perspective.

Thanks for the post.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just ask and you'll receive :)

Reading through this thread, i had the 9700 a while back before my current phone (Q10) and i kinda miss the old bb experience

The Q10 is great (battery life, camera, browsing) but it just feels so different (which is good and bad). For me though the old bb's were so great with usability, once you learnt the tricks of the os, it was hell quick to get stuff done.

I even had so much trouble in copying and pasting an email address with the Q10, something that was absolutely easy as to do on an older bb.

I feel like i wanna jump back in time..haha!
    Sent with my Big Bold BlackBerry Q10
    CrackBerry User

After almost two years with my 9780 (before i had S3 , and 9900) im still sure this is the best one. Of course im talking about a productive business phone, not a beauty or multimidia one. This is the best size to grip in your hands (with one hand you can do everything) , the best way to type long email texts and PIM management, the best battery life (you dont need to put any wireless feature or software off to extend battery life) and a well organized and top-performance system, with excellent audio reception. I would not recommend it for those who want hear music, see videos, play games, internet surfing, etc...it is just for those who want a a productive serious comunicator.
    Thanked by:
    andy957 (10-06-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

That pretty much nails it for me as well. I have to get stuff done, and the 9780 is great for productivity. I'm a business guy. I run a few companies and I'm pretty busy with a lot.... and my email and text velocity is off scale. Yet, the 9780, for me, does social media well. For me. The social app integration was OK, but I had to get HootSuite so that I could get LinkedIn integrated to Twitter and Facebook in one app. Too bad you can't do this with the built in Social Media platform.
    I really wish I could get my AppWorld working again. It's been no-go since the upgrade about six months ago. I have all the apps I need, but still an upgrade now and then would be nice. Seems any time I upgrade I lose the app altogether, so no more upgrades. I foolishly tried to upgrade WhatsApp and now that's gone forever. I've tried everything to get it back, as I have Appworld. The App is on the phone, but you get no ICON and can't launch it.

A previous poster noted how he liked the 9780 more than the 9900 and sometimes missed the legacy BBerry experience. Great. That's why I'm not anxious to hop on to Q. I really like OS6 (except for the lack of BBWorld). I am glad he posted because I was seriously thinking about hopping on to a 9900.

I hate to say this, but if I were to hop away from BlackBerry, I'd probably hop to Windows Phone. I love the app "Flipboard" on my Android (yes, I use an Android as backup and for depositing checks remotely with a banking app). Windows 8 reminds me of Flipboard and I think it rocks. Could I be as productive as I am with my 9780? Probably not.

I've replaced the Battery once. It got stuck in a horrible REBOOT look twice on me - bad apps - but other than that, it's been a rock solid phone. I'll probably keep it now that I read the previous few posts, rather than upgrading to a 9900, and certainly not a Q. Not for me. At least not yet.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    IMHO, the 9000 had the best keyboard. Aside from that, I love this phone.
    Absolutely! My wish is one day RIM'd reproduce that monster with more memory and better battery!!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast