Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

I miss my 9780!!! I have to agree & it was my favorite! As much as I Love my 9900 I miss UMA & the Auto Focus on the camera... I dont use the camera as much as I use to now with my 9900. And there are a few apps that arent available for my 9900 that were on my 9780... had to go through 2 9780's with the stuttering keyboard issue until my 3rd finally came stutter free. The Battery life on the 9780 was FANTASTIC!!! Though I love my 9900
    Last edited by MsBrittz1016; 08-28-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

I did a test during my vacation and really couldn't see major issues when using the 9900 camera to be honest.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE0379B

the best is 9900 (maybe the 9790 for the AF), but 9780 is still awsome. 9780 has a better battery life but thats not enough to make it the best.
    BB Q10 / BB Z10 / BB P'9981 / BB Playbook
    CrackBerry Newbie

the best is 9780 ,but i think it's too small

CrackBerry Addict

Still no UMA on OS7? If RIM is reading this, they better have UMA on OS10 if they expect me to upgrade.

I must get two emails a month from T-Mob begging me to go SG3. I'm still holding out for BB10.

CrackBerry Wiseguy

Global Posts
    12,725 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gariac View Post
    Still no UMA on OS7? If RIM is reading this, they better have UMA on OS10 if they expect me to upgrade.
    Of course there is UMA on OS7.
    The 9900 has wifi calling, but the 9790 and new Curves all have UMA.
    • That's Phill… with 2 L's
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10

i love my bb 9780 tooo , the best by any means , awesome batt , great os , and decent speed ! i would not wana part ways , i have used a lota berries , but this is by far the best rim made !
    8300 / 8900 / 9000 / 9780 / 9700
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    PIN

Default Re: 9780- Best BlackBerry Ever!

Really I love the BB9780 it gets the job done for me easily
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by david9962000 View Post
    I miss my 9780 so I sold my 9900 for a 9360. The 9360 has similar size and spec of the 9780. I found the 9900 to be a bit too wide.

RIM BlackBerry Curve 9360 vs BlackBerry Bold 9780 - Our Analysis
    My GF has a 9360 and it has a lot in common with the 9780. It feels like the cheap cousin - a few subtle differences and a fraction of the price. Yet with the advantages (?) of OS 7. Bit of a bargain really.

The cursiveness of it certainly fits your choice in motor.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Well, I did it again. Can't help my self. I already have a bb9700, bb9930,bb9900 plus other goodies. I really love my bb9700. The 99x0 phones are nice but kinda big. So, I spotted a refurb on Ebay and I just bought it. Should be here in about 4-5 days. Can't wait. hahahahha.
    CrackBerry Newbie

what are the big differences for os6 and 7??
    when i use my 9790
    i dun really feel like i need the touch screen!!!
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10

no big differences , its just a faster os than the 6 , is what i feel , tbh i dont like the 9790 @ all , specially the buttons
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Default 9780- Best BlackBerry Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Ooooh...I don't know about that, Phill. No AF on the camera, no UMA chip...
    don't forget 9900 poor battery life, :-p love my 9780, but i had to use my android to open a big web page :-( always force close on 9780

I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    25F7DE10

lol... the 9780 dont crash as often as the new phones :P lol
    CrackBerry Newbie

Am using the 9780 now for more than a year, am always looking at either a 9360 or a 9790 for its faster processors and OS7, but am in love with the 9780 design and its battery life is truly awesome
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

Just sold, now i miss it. :-(
    I Jiraiya. The Epitome of Manliness.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,625 Global Posts

i loved my 9780.

great battery, no issues, solid build (i liked the leather) etc.

but I upgraded to a 9900, and its just flat out better. the 9780 and I have many memories though, and I still use it to stream music with nobex radio premium that rim gave out back when they had their 2 day outage
    CrackBerry User

Hrrr, I sold my Berry in curiosity of trying android. After one week I bought 9780 again because I missed it very much, it's keyboard and battery life is the best, never gonna sell it again )
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Default agreed

I have had three Berries. An old Nextel 7520 with a HUGE spread-out keyboard that I loved. Great for fat fingers, and at the time, being able to actually get emails on your phone was unheard of! Then I went off the Berry Wagon for a bit with a Motorla Q, and then back to a Blackberry Curve when they emerged, happy to be Back to BlackBerry again.
    After a few years of heavy use, and feeling my Curve with TrackBall was getting a bit worn out since I used it 24/7/365, a kind T-Mo store manager had a 9780 in stock pre-launch and offered it up and It's been love ever since. I have pretty big hands and fingers, and it's a bit challenging keyboard-wise, but overall, the phone rocks. And I'm truly a power user. I live on that phone.

As per the preceding post, I jumped ship for about 3 months and dabbled with the iPhone 4s and the Android. Both were pretty cool for what they were. They are nice mini computers for your pocket. They can make calls, and they can help you manage your business, albeit much more difficult than a Berry. BBerries were obviously designed from the ground up as a PDA for communicating efficiently and elegantly. NOTHING does EMAIL and MESSAGES like a BERRY! NOTHING! All I did for three months was whine and moan about how I missed my beloved BlackBerry. My colleagues and friends got sick of listening to me, and probably think I'm a Dinosaur since they are all on Androids and iPhones. Last week, I re-activated it and I'm now happy again. More than happy, I'm whole. Productive. Content. Satisfied.

I need to get stuff done, and my Berry allows me to do that, without the constant distractions of all the nonsense that iPhone and Android threw at me. I guess if I was 16 and wanted to play around with a gadget, or if I was retired and just wanted a pocket computer to goof around with, an Android or iPhone would work for me. But for me, the BlackBerry is the best business and personal tool in my arsenal. I can't live without it.

The 9780 is pretty darn bullet-proof. I've been pretty hard on it and it just keeps on ticking. I've had very few problems. The battery life absolutely rocks. OS 6 for me is a great operating system. I have my preferences and tweaks. I have used Crunch SMS since my Curve, and transferred the license to the 9780. I have a few other minor tweaks that I prefer, but aside from these small mods, the Berry was awesome right out of the box.

It will be interesting to see the new "10" next year, but for the next six months to a year (at least) I'll be pounding on the 9780 like an anvil. It's simply the best Berry I have ever had.

Thanks for this great communication tool, RIM. My business is now BACK in MY hands.
    andy957 and joseanmx like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

I can dig that. My 9780 was my favourite pure BB.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    I can dig that. My 9780 was my favourite pure BB.
    What's your current Berry? Curious. Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

I had many smartphones, 9780 is really the "one" , as many said here before : its an serious business comunication device.
    What it has that is different from iphone, android and others BB ?
    1- a long battery life. You can have a weekend using all wireless features without charge. You can have your msn ON all the time. No worries about it. No battery changes, No car charges....last BBs (9900) were disappointing in this subject. Others phones can hardly reach one full day with heavy usage. Bring your charger with you, turn off wireless features, car charging, external chargers....thats all unacceptable for a top comunication device
    2- Hand gripping. If you are serious about bussiness, you must be able to handle your device with just one hand. Remove it from its case with just one hand, Check all message news with just one hand. Type an email with just one hand. You can do it with others phone,but not the easy way as you do gripping a BOLD. Plus, there is no other phone that you can, using just one hand, remove it half way from its case and "give a fast look" on what its important. Unfortunatelly the 9900 series have the best keyboard but not the best one hand gripping.
    3- Keyboard. Many Iphone and Android users could type as fast as BB users, and will say that its just a matter of time to get use to it. But, the problem is the "feeling" of the hard key. When you dont have the feeling, you have to look at the screen , look on what you are typing. The BB user also look at it, but it have the feeling when pressing the keys, so its not necessary to look with the same mind concentration. You can Type moving, walking....etc. Another problem is that when you have to multiple copying and pasting (serious business user) , if you only have an screen you have to reach with your thumb multiple points in your screen. If you have a trackpad , its always the same point and feel , its always fast to do it. I have to agree that the 9900 has the best keyboard, though not the best size.
    4- Excellent signal reception, call quality and bluetooth pairing. Of course many others phones have it. But for instance, its clear that 9900 have an issue on signal reception no matter what OS version you have, due to its metal edge case. Others phone could not pair with your bluetooth phone all time, because you dont have battery life for it.
    andy957, joseanmx and piratebee like this.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by aluiziomachado View Post
    I had many smartphones, 9780 is really the "one" , as many said here before : its an serious business comunication device.
    What it has that is different from iphone, android and others BB ?
    1- a long battery life. You can have a weekend using all wireless features without charge. You can have your msn ON all the time. No worries about it. No battery changes, No car charges....last BBs (9900) were disappointing in this subject. Others phones can hardly reach one full day with heavy usage. Bring your charger with you, turn off wireless features, car charging, external chargers....thats all unacceptable for a top comunication device
    2- Hand gripping. If you are serious about bussiness, you must be able to handle your device with just one hand. Remove it from its case with just one hand, Check all message news with just one hand. Type an email with just one hand. You can do it with others phone,but not the easy way as you do gripping a BOLD. Plus, there is no other phone that you can, using just one hand, remove it half way from its case and "give a fast look" on what its important. Unfortunatelly the 9900 series have the best keyboard but not the best one hand gripping.
    3- Keyboard. Many Iphone and Android users could type as fast as BB users, and will say that its just a matter of time to get use to it. But, the problem is the "feeling" of the hard key. When you dont have the feeling, you have to look at the screen , look on what you are typing. The BB user also look at it, but it have the feeling when pressing the keys, so its not necessary to look with the same mind concentration. You can Type moving, walking....etc. Another problem is that when you have to multiple copying and pasting (serious business user) , if you only have an screen you have to reach with your thumb multiple points in your screen. If you have a trackpad , its always the same point and feel , its always fast to do it. I have to agree that the 9900 has the best keyboard, though not the best size.
    4- Excellent signal reception, call quality and bluetooth pairing. Of course many others phones have it. But for instance, its clear that 9900 have an issue on signal reception no matter what OS version you have, due to its metal edge case. Others phone could not pair with your bluetooth phone all time, because you dont have battery life for it.
    Hi aluiziomachado

This thread is almost 4 month old and everyone expressed there views , And believe me your only four points have expressed everything about BlackBerry Bold 9780 nothing more to say ,So dear Hats off for you for such an wonderful explaination.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pm for Detail

big regret of mine is changing 9780 to 9790
    I have to admit 9780 is Greatest Ever, the battery, and the keyboard,
    I miss the similar power of battery on my 9790..
    but.. Overall.. I like blackberry still for texting..

♥ Proud to be Part Of Crackberry and Tipb Forum ♥
    Looking for friends, @Instagram = Dienaldy_k

Twitter: Dienaldy_K
    Liveprofile:LPBGOKFK
    CrackBerry Abuser

Agree. The best I've had. I had to take a 9810 on warranty after my 9780 died after being discontinued. The torch is OK, but there's nothing like having a Bold. My wife's 9900 is a great phone as well, but it's mostly just a big 9780 with a weak battery, no uma, worse camera, and (subjectively) weaker signal.

9780, browsing aside, was a pretty perfect phone. I've though about picking one up on ebay now for about $250. But then I'd have to re-buy a few apps ...

Almost worth it.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast