Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default 6.0 Bundle 1879 to 6.0 Bundle 3049 ??

I received the Software Update notice on my Bold 9780 today (T Mobile); know nothing about it, so I came here and see a bunch of problems with this update. I am very happy with existing Bundle 1879, and "if it ain't broken, why fix it ?" so question to all is can I just leave 1879 and leave my Desktop Manager as is, or will I have to upgrade the Bold software and BlackBerry Desktop? What is this update about anyway? I am using XP Pro. I just would hate to go through this process and have any problems when I am okay with what I have. All replies welcome Thanks, Rich
    Last edited by Richard427; 12-12-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3

Morning!

Here is what I have found on the T-Mobile site. I am still running build .666 and my wife was on T-Mobile's .448 build, she upgrade to the .706 version without issue. IMHO if you are not seeing any issues with the build you have, specifically in regards to the "improvements" listed below, then stay with what you have. Like you said, if it ain't broke....

A data plan is required to complete this update.
    Software version
    Current version:
    The latest software version can be downloaded from Unsupported Browser
    Past versions:
    Check the Software version.
    New Features & Improvements
    The BlackBerry OS 6 software version 6.0.0.706 resolves intermittent issues with calling and internet access.
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Much thanks ! Rich
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

Oh my word..T-Mobile released an official OS for the 9780?
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 , Passport (coming soon!)

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    BlackBerry Diva

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    Oh my word..T-Mobile released an official OS for the 9780?
    That is an old build from last year!

I am using OS 6.0.0.723 from Partner Communications Israel, which is Bundle 6.0.0.3106 (also from last year.)

I doubt we will see any newer versions. but I am doing fine with 723.
    ~DENISE~
    YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT I AM WORTH IT!

PLEASE STOP WITH THE LONG POSTS! YOU'RE BORING US.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    PIN
    25DDF6E3

Yep it's old but T-Mo pushed it out. I tried .723 in the past but the battery life wasn't a good and the stupid "roaming" bug drove me nuts.
    Owner of T-Mobile Bold 9780 and a 16GB Playbook
    @sectionsix
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,698 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaAddict View Post
    That is an old build from last year!

I am using OS 6.0.0.723 from Partner Communications Israel, which is Bundle 6.0.0.3106 (also from last year.)

I doubt we will see any newer versions. but I am doing fine with 723.
    Oh I know it's an old build! I'm just surprised they bothered releasing it. But then, it kinda makes sense when I remember how long they took to release the final build for the 8100...
    Models and Supported Frequencies: Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 , Passport (coming soon!)

Want to find out which radio band your BB10 phone is currently on? UMTS, LTE (careful with escreens!)
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

Rich,
    I'm running Bundle 1879 and have no plans to change. The 9780, albeit my favorite Berry at present, will probably be replaced next year or soon thereafter - hoping that the "10" is what I expect it to be. In the mean time, my 9780 does what I want WHEN I want it to very dependably ...and.... There are no issues at present. Any upgrade and I'm bound to run into issues of some kind. If the "10" was not coming out and if I thought I'd keep this 9780 for two or three years (replacing it as needed of course), then I might dabble with a so-called "upgrade". But since we are on the twilight stage of this great and dependable Berry, I'll keep using it as it is because as you have said "it ain't broke". Why goof around with something that's quite efficient and working well "As It Is", all for a possible minor tweak that could run into issues and cost you time and aggravation, for a Berry you will most likely only have for one year?
    I run two businesses from my 9780 and I can't afford to be out of business because of an OS upgrade issue.
    That's my opinion. Mileage may vary.
    'nuff said.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: I did update to version 6.0.0.666 after experiencing many problems with application updates. BatterPudding suggested this version. It is rock solid and has solved all of my issues. I'll be happy with it for the REMAINDER of my time with my 9780. I am assuming I'll have to retire the phone sometime in 2014.
    Last edited by BBerryPowerUser; 10-25-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: update