Hi there!

I took a look at the themes everyone was creating and, surprisingly enough, I couldn't find a single theme that answered what I wanted: a simple zen precision theme + a weather slot on the top left corner with always-on icon text.

I decided to take a jump and create this theme myself. I downloaded the Theme Builder, saw a couple of videos and, in no more than an hour, I've managed to do it. Added a good navigation to and from profiles and the weather slot and that was it. Then transitions to and from the homescreen... It was kinda fun, actually.

The theme building was not that hard at all: what bothered me the most (and that took me a fair amount of time to workaround) was the fact that the default precision theme to start with on the Theme Builder is not exactly the same as the standard one on the 9700, namely the network signal indicator position, which is *bug* a little offset on the Theme Builder. Also, font sizes here and there appear to be smaller (GPRS/3G sign, incoming call names, homescreen date...). There is no transparent bottom dock on the homescreen. These were some of the flaws I've encountered in the themes everyone else was creating and that sometimes led me to uninstall them altogether - I'm more of a default kind of guy, but taking in consideration these flaws on the Theme Builder themes, I decided to tweak them to try to get closer to the real zen precision theme on the 9700.

So, what I'm asking to all you theme experts around here is:

1. Do you guys start off from scratch with the zen precision theme in Theme Builder, or is there any other way to download and open the original Bold 9700 zen theme in Theme builder?

2. I couldn�t figure out how to place a transparent gray bottom dock.

3. My weather slot was set to be associated with a 3rd party application, BerryWeather. Setting that app as �BerryWeather� or �weather� (the application process name) on Theme Studio didn�t work. Any ideas?

4. So, I had to set the weather slot as dependent on the icon position set by the user. This results in a weather slot that is associated with the 7th icon on the application list. How can I change this from 7th to nth?

5. No matter how big I set the date and carrier name fonts on Theme Studio, this appears to have no effect once the theme is uploaded to the BlackBerry.

6. How can I change the icon size for a given app on the homescreen?

7. Finally, more of a functionality change. How can I create hotspots for opening apps? Let�s say click on the date to open the calendar, click on the time to open the clock, click on the signal bars to open Manage Connections and click on unread messages to open Desktop.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by MegaShark; 08-28-10 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Screenshot uploaded.
    08-28-10 08:23 AM
    Mega,

A really good place to start is bbthemelab and Matt G.'s tutorials. I learned a lot of tips and tricks there and continue to give them love because without them Id still be in the dark. Give this a shot..... theme builder 101
    08-28-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD