On my old curve, I would get a preview of sms messages but now in OS 5 it seems that emails are only previewed. Is there a fix? It was a great feature in a previous OS. Why would RIM remove it?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 11:42 PM
    there is a today them on your Bold. from the home screen press your BB button>options>layout>today
    01-19-10 11:43 PM
    Reread my post.

01-19-10 11:51 PM
    I read it, I get previews of my text and emails. Maybe it has to do with your inbox settings.
    01-20-10 12:13 AM
    I have the same issue with the today theme only showing previews of emails and not texts, this happens on all the different themes i have tried. If it is an inbox setting can any shed any light on what needs changed.
    01-20-10 03:31 AM
    I read it, I get previews of my text and emails. Maybe it has to do with your inbox settings.
    You don't get previews of your SMS messages, and it has nothing to do with inbox settings.

Threaded SMS messages do not work with today themes, period. This is a well known problem that has been discussed many times on the themes forum, and as yet there is no solution.

01-20-10 05:49 AM
    You don't get previews of your SMS messages, and it has nothing to do with inbox settings.

Threaded SMS messages do not work with today themes, period. This is a well known problem that has been discussed many times on the themes forum, and as yet there is no solution.

Makes sense, but how does AZBBFAN see the text previews then?
    01-20-10 06:21 AM
    Makes sense, but how does AZBBFAN see the text previews then?
    I don't believe he does.

MMS, emails and calendar entries, yes... but not SMS

01-20-10 06:41 AM
    Ok so there is no fix. Bummer. Thanks for the input

01-20-10 02:35 PM
    there is a today them on your Bold. from the home screen press your BB button>options>layout>today

I didn't even know we had this option. Saves me the trouble of looking for a Today's theme. Thanks for posting this.
    01-21-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD