Hey CB, got a problem I need help with. On my friend's 9700, none of the SMS messages are showing up in any Today themes (Imagining theme from Appworld is the one she's using currently). I downloaded the theme she's using currently and its working on my phone so I don't know whats wrong with hers. Would appreciate any answers
    10-19-10 09:07 PM
    Hey CB, got a problem I need help with. On my friend's 9700, none of the SMS messages are showing up in any Today themes (Imagining theme from Appworld is the one she's using currently). I downloaded the theme she's using currently and its working on my phone so I don't know whats wrong with hers. Would appreciate any answers
    Try a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 11:14 PM
    It is the OS version. Compare what you are running to hers and I'm willing to bet that you have a later version then she does

10-19-10 11:17 PM
    To the best of my knowledge, on a basic theme or on the original theme, SMS does not show up in the 'Today' homescreen preview. I believe some themes have a work around, but very basic themes do not.
    10-19-10 11:17 PM
    Does your friend have their SMS and email messages separated ?
    10-19-10 11:20 PM
    Try a battery pull?

First suggestion actually haha, battery pull usually solves everything.

Does your friend have their SMS and email messages separated ?
    Yes, she does.

It is the OS version. Compare what you are running to hers and I'm willing to bet that you have a later version then she does

I'll try this out, will see if upgrading her OS will work.

Thanks guys
    10-19-10 11:24 PM
    if the theme doesn't work for the today screen's sms preview, then you need to use another theme. SEIS by Ninja Themes, displays the SMS on it's today screen, it's a combo theme and it's free. Give the search feature a shot on the 9700 Themes subforum and you'll find it.

10-20-10 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD