I was playing around with the new 5.0 theme builder and created this theme, my first. I hope you like it. I'd appreciate feedback. Sorry, I have no way to host the file for OTA downloads.

****updated****
    I updated my theme somewhat. The weather slot is now in the upper right corner. It works best with WeatherEye or BerryWeather. Font size has changed and so has spacing between message and calendar events.

**** update 2****
    Added a few transitions. Nothing too overwhelming for this simple theme.

**** update 3****
    There are now 3 entries for both Messages and Calender. "Distracting" transitions have been removed, improving lag time. Spacebar launches QuickLaunch. Lastly, weather icon no longer clickable from home screen.

**** update 4****
    Minor fix for update 3 (icon to icon navigation).
    Last edited by msaririan; 12-16-09 at 08:49 PM.
    11-25-09 02:03 AM
    Hi does this work on the 9700 just I can see that u have a bold9000? Because if it for 9700 then I can try it out on my 8900?
    11-25-09 07:43 AM
    Hi does this work on the 9700 just I can see that u have a bold9000? Because if it for 9700 then I can try it out on my 8900?

I had a Bold 9000 up until a few days ago. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. My avatar has been updated to reflect my new 9700!

Yes it was specifically made for the 9700, but of course would also work on the 8900.
    11-25-09 10:30 AM
    does this have transitions? that would b nice
    11-25-09 01:52 PM
    Sorry, I'm a newb to theme building. What's a transition?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 02:32 PM
    I'm curious too, what's transition?
    11-25-09 05:29 PM
    I updated my theme somewhat. The weather slot is now in the upper right corner. It works best with WeatherEye or BerryWeather. Font size has changed and so has spacing between message and calendar events.

Feedback and requests welcome.
    Last edited by msaririan; 11-30-09 at 10:24 PM.
    11-27-09 08:33 PM
    hey guys im new to this but i really like this theme how do i download it or unzipp it
    11-30-09 08:17 PM
    Sorry, I'm a newb to theme building. What's a transition?

In the Theme Builder in Inspector, the last tab which has the key modifiers and tranmissions, there is a tab named "screen transitions". When you move from screen to screen on your phone, you can design your theme to fade in or out, or slide up or down, etc.
    11-30-09 08:46 PM
    hey guys im new to this but i really like this theme how do i download it or unzipp it
    Download and unzip contents to your desktop. Then run desktop manager and add the "app" by directing it to your desktop. Hope that helped?

11-30-09 08:59 PM
    In the Theme Builder in Inspector, the last tab which has the key modifiers and tranmissions, there is a tab named "screen transitions". When you move from screen to screen on your phone, you can design your theme to fade in or out, or slide up or down, etc.
    Yeah I figured that. I don't see how that would make the theme any more functional? If anything, it would only slow it down.

11-30-09 09:01 PM
    Yeah I figured that. I don't see how that would make the theme any more functional? If anything, it would only slow it down.

It doesn't. The winter theme I created and am using has transitions on all but 2 screens. Its pretty fast.
    11-30-09 09:19 PM
    what does it look like..
    11-30-09 09:29 PM
    It looks like this, but now with the weather slot in the upper right corner.
    11-30-09 09:53 PM
    I added a few transitions to the theme. Nothing too overwhelming.
    11-30-09 10:26 PM
    ok so i downloaded the theme into my bb but it says that the theme is not compatible. what do i do
    11-30-09 10:31 PM
    Hmmm.

Try doing this again with the new updated theme. It should work.
    11-30-09 10:38 PM
    Has anyone tried the new updated version of this theme? What do you think of the transitions? Personally I don't care for them, and I'm considering providing a transitionless version for those who feel as I do. Let me know.

Again, feedback and requests welcome.
    12-01-09 04:04 PM
    I downloaded this. I love the theme, but honestly I'm not crazy about the transitions either. They're distracting.
    12-14-09 11:12 PM
    Yes I agree. I'll repost later today with another updated version that doesn't contain *distracting* transitions. Stay tuned ...
    12-15-09 08:03 AM
    Nice theme. I'm using it right now.. Thanks!

PS- do you think you will develop one with SMS instead of Messages?
    12-15-09 03:18 PM
    Nice theme. I'm using it right now.. Thanks!

PS- do you think you will develop one with SMS instead of Messages?
    Thanks. I won't be modifying the theme much beyond removing some transitions. If I can figure out how to make the space bar key launch the QuickLaunch app, I'll do that too.

You know, you can combine your emails and txts into one message box... Let me know if you have trouble figuring how to do that.

12-15-09 04:55 PM
    Yeah, that's a thought.. however, I like to keep those separate.. I'd dive into theme-making myself... but I'm on a Mac... Let me know if you change your mind though! again, thanks for the slick theme
    12-15-09 07:25 PM
    Theme updated again! See original post for changes and new zip file. If anyone can host OTA, please let me know.
    12-16-09 12:07 AM
    Minor fix. Please reinstall the latest (4th) version.
    12-16-09 08:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD