This theme is a simple remix of Reverie D that replaces the dice icons with real ones. Check below for a description of features.

Enjoy!

(original version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

(version 2 shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

Theme by Marc J.S. (AKA dagobah30)

Installation:

To install this theme, open the OTA link that pertains to the version you want from within your BlackBerry browser. Desktop installation is not available.

The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.

*NOTE* Some icons may not display correctly on the home screen.

*NOTE* Status text will not show for the hard coded profiles icon on the home screen.

*NOTE* If you are installing an "OS 5.0" specific version of the theme over an "OS 4.X-5.0" version, you may need to reset the home screen layout to its default. To do this, go to Options > Themes > (the Reverie theme you are using) > Theme Defaults. Then, select only Layout and hit Apply. A device restart / battery pull may then also be required.

*NOTE* The home screen's wallpaper will show through on the app screen only on the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme. The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this feature.

*NOTE* You may encounter a white background on the app screen when using the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme on OS 5.0. (The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this problem.) A fix for this can be found here.

Reverie D (Real Icons) original
    (WITH transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0

(Updated 02/02/10)
    WITH Toggle-able slot: OTA
    WITHOUT slot: OTA

Reverie D (Real Icons) version 2
    (WITH transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0

(Updated 02/02/10)

Reverie D (Real Icons) original
    (WITHOUT transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 02/05/10)

Reverie D (Real Icons) version 2
    (WITHOUT transitions)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0

(Updated 02/05/10)

If you like and use this theme, please consider making a donation:

Donate

Any and all amounts are welcome!

Features:

Clickable Bottom Bar
    Every part of the home screen's bar is navigable and clickable, providing easy access to your apps. Certain apps -- namely options, clock, connections, and sound profiles -- are already hard coded in to different parts of the bar, but you can access additional apps through the use of the...

Real Icons
    Place six apps of your choice in the first six slots on the app screen, and then access them on the home screen by scrolling up/down through the "sides" of the real icon slot on the left side of the bar.

Toggle-able Bottom Bar
    The bottom bar can be altered or even hidden completely by scrolling up/down in the clock area. Full bottom bar navigation/clickability remains available regardless of the bar's appearance.

QuickLaunch/ShortcutMe Hotkey
    The spacebar on your device's keyboard functions as a hotkey for both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe. (You need to have either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe installed in order for this feature to work.)

Hidden Today
    Scroll to a today enabled app (such as messages or calender) via the real icon slot and an unclickable preview of corresponding entries will appear.

Toggle-able Slot for Weather/Meter App
    The theme is available both with and without a slot for your weather or meter app. To use the weather/meter app slot, simply place your app in the seventh slot (first slot in the second row) on your app screen. To toggle the visibility of the weather/meter app slot, scroll up/down in the profiles area.

Transitions
    This theme is available both with and without transitions. In the transitions versions, a fade effect will occur whenever the screen changes.

You may feel free to link to this thread, but do not re-post or re-host the direct OTA links without permission.

The following images were generously provided by crackberry.com forum members. If you own a copyright to any of these images, you may request their removal.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 09-08-10 at 02:23 AM.
    R-Rizzo likes this.
    01-30-10 08:22 AM
    Awesome theme! Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 11:13 AM
    nice theme. thanks
    01-30-10 11:14 AM
    Holy cow, you took your great idea and made it even better. Awesome job.

01-30-10 11:31 AM
    Looms great but, i noticed the font size does not change, example i use font 6 the header area is sized down to 6 but the text in the headers is still around 8 or 9 ish
    01-30-10 11:47 AM
    hey..... links are only giving me 245kb when i click on them from my phone
    01-30-10 12:20 PM
    This is a great addition. Thank you. Any chance for a non weather version?

01-30-10 01:59 PM
    Hi, once again nice theme, got a question thouugh,
    Does the small icon update the status of my weather or meterbeery status? It shows ok, but does it actually update real time?
    And can you make the battery Icon with percentage shown, and add $ for sms shortcut?

Once again nice theme.

01-30-10 11:13 PM
    These are non-weather editions; go to the speaker icon and scroll down.

01-31-10 06:37 AM
    I left all of the font sizes at their defaults to allow more freedom when selecting custom fonts... Though I understand that this causes problems when smaller fonts are selected, and will likely do an update to fix that. Aside from fixes like that, I probably won't be making major updates to this theme.

Weather app icons are likely among the ones that won't display/update properly when used in the small icon area. This limitation is due to how that area was implemented.

The versions that are available are intended to be the all encompassing ones regarding the weather/meter slot, but I'll consider releasing entirely slotless versions if there is alot of interest.

Last edited by dagobah30; 01-31-10 at 08:34 AM.
    01-31-10 08:24 AM
    I appreciate the update and consideration. I do know that the weather slot can be scrolled up or down, just cleaner imo to have it without. Thanks for your work and keeping an open mind!
    01-31-10 01:17 PM
    YAAAYYY!!! =D I'm downloading now! FINALLY!

I wish this had no slots... I "hid" it when I went to the speaker, but it shows on the lock screen. Also, I too agree on the font sizes. When I go to my address book now, the company that the contact works for is written HUGE. Same thing with when I go to my messages, and it shows the first line of the message. And on the call log, the contact's # is HUGE...

Can this be fixed as the Dice Icons Version of this theme? In terms of the size of all these fonts... It's SO BIG!
    Last edited by xoxoxKN; 01-31-10 at 01:56 PM.
    01-31-10 01:23 PM
    +1 for the version without weather.
    +1 for fixing the font
    01-31-10 02:05 PM
    The font sizes are all currently at their defaults and should be customizeable on the user end as a result. There's a problem with smaller custom font settings, which I'll probably fix eventually.

Last edited by dagobah30; 01-31-10 at 07:35 PM.
    01-31-10 07:32 PM
    The font sizes are all currently at their defaults and should be customizeable on the user end as a result. There's a problem with smaller custom font settings, which I'll probably fix eventually.

Mine is set to 8, which is fine. The problem is the "system fonts size" that I cannot change. For example, in my call log, the person's name is correct at size 8, but their phone number below is HUGE. Same thing with when I go into messages. The date header is BIG. Same with contacts. The company they work for, which is listed below their name is BIG. Not size 8.

This was not an issue with Reverie D Dice Icons...

Is it just me?

Or am I completely misunderstanding? If so, I apologize!
    01-31-10 07:47 PM
    That's more or less the problem I was referring to.

01-31-10 08:15 PM
    That's more or less the problem I was referring to.

Oops.. Hahah. Sorry. I suppose I'm a bit ... Slow?

THANKS either way! I TRULY appreciate all the amazing work that you do!!!
    01-31-10 08:20 PM
    only 1 thing.. u able to do one without the weather slot please

LOL. That seems to be a big request on this one... I've just decided that I'm going to be switching back to the Dice Version until the fonts & slot thing can be sorted out... Coming from that to this one is just too big a difference for me!
    01-31-10 08:47 PM
    Also, I just noticed - On the Real Icons version, when you lock the phone, the "shaded bars" at the top & bottom remain, which I do not like, as on the Dice Version, they disappear, leaving the lock screen looking "clean" & simple...

Just my 2 cents
    01-31-10 08:54 PM
    +1 for non slot version...
    Thanks..
    01-31-10 11:59 PM
    LOL. That seems to be a big request on this one... I've just decided that I'm going to be switching back to the Dice Version until the fonts & slot thing can be sorted out... Coming from that to this one is just too big a difference for me!
    the same with me. reverting back to the dice one until the font is working... cant wait to see this one workin on my phone tho!

but i like the weather slot
    02-01-10 03:06 AM
    Looking forward to the updated version w/out slot.
    02-01-10 07:56 PM
    Update: The font sizes should now be similar to the ones in the "dice" versions. Non-slot versions of this theme are still pending.
    02-02-10 01:52 AM
    Non slot versions are now available.
    02-02-10 08:12 AM
    Dagobah,
    thank you for posting a no slot version! Donation made this a.m. Thank you for your work!

02-02-10 08:40 AM
100 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD