Hi all, it's been 10 days since Shade was launched and I must say I'm a bit surprised by the result.. Well it's nothing spectacular but I'm happy with it. Once again thanks for all Shade's users & those who gave feedbacks =)

Just a little update.. I have an idea for my next theme but....... the darn hectic office schedule is just.. well... darn... *grumbling*
    09-01-10 08:57 PM
    would you be able to do any customizations for this theme?
    09-02-10 02:13 AM
    would you be able to do any customizations for this theme?
    Replied back, check your email. Thanks.
    09-02-10 10:23 AM
    Love this theme. Best OS6 icon theme I have come across.

I downloaded the non today version
    09-03-10 08:38 AM
    Love this theme. Best OS6 icon theme I have come across.

I downloaded the non today version
    Hi there, thanks for using Shade!
    I was a bit nervous when I released this theme because this is my first theme... but thankfully the responses are -so far- pretty good.

Anyway, really glad that you like it =)
    Let me know if you have any feedback.
    09-03-10 11:07 AM
    Hi all!

Long weekend is coming.. well at least in my country. And it means a weekend sale for Shade, only $1.50! (That's 40% of discount for those of you who skipped your math class LOL).

Hurry, sale is up until Sunday, 12th September 2010. Grab you copy now here!

Look for this icon!
    Last edited by SilentSeth; 09-09-10 at 11:40 AM.
    09-09-10 11:12 AM
    just bought the theme and as soon as i installed it i deleted it. I must say for a premium theme i am very disapointed. The fact that there isint a homescreen highlight for third party apps is rediculous. Its something very basic, but without it you cant see which icon you are on, which makes it very hard to navigate.
    09-09-10 07:29 PM
    I just purchased this theme and enjoyed it until I found the issue with no highlighting for third party apps as well. Please rectify this?
    Last edited by Steph010; 09-09-10 at 09:34 PM.
    09-09-10 08:57 PM
    just bought the theme and as soon as i installed it i deleted it. I must say for a premium theme i am very disapointed. The fact that there isint a homescreen highlight for third party apps is rediculous. Its something very basic, but without it you cant see which icon you are on, which makes it very hard to navigate.
    I just purchased this theme and enjoyed it until I found the issue with no highlighting for third party apps as well. Please rectify this?
    Hi there, thanks for the feedbacks. I acknowledge this and I'll try to prepare an update for the theme (actually I had that in mind it's just that I simply couldn't decide what kind of focus icon that is nice for a small bottom dock like that).

Meanwhile, I edit the post on this page and put a note that the OS6 version doesn't have a separate highlight icon so that people will know before they buy.

Stay tuned for the update =)
    09-09-10 11:56 PM
    Any idea when an update may be expected? Thanks!
    09-14-10 09:05 PM
    Hi Steph010, rryoung and all,

Sorry, 've been very busy lately.

About the update, this weekend by the latest. I've actually uploaded the new version to MobiHand but still tweaking with the MobiHand's settings on how to informing the customers. If you want to, you can re-download your copy of Shade now.

Let me know if you still download the old version (The one without focus icon).

I'll keep you all informed when I've done with the settings.

Thanks all.
    09-15-10 02:59 AM
    Hi SilentSeth

Great theme ! I am trying to download new theme version, my superstore app tells me I can download 1.1 version but when download starts it tells me it is 1.0 version so I stop download. Do you know why ?

Moreover I have a little complain about shade theme: I change system font size to have little fonts but fonts into combos, buttons, popup, ... are still big, other fonts are OK (text, ...). Can we change it to smaller one ?

Can we have a changelog about new version ?

Thanks.

Hi Steph010, rryoung and all,

Sorry, 've been very busy lately.

About the update, this weekend by the latest. I've actually uploaded the new version to MobiHand but still tweaking with the MobiHand's settings on how to informing the customers. If you want to, you can re-download your copy of Shade now.

Let me know if you still download the old version (The one without focus icon).

I'll keep you all informed when I've done with the settings.

Thanks all.
    Last edited by houbslala; 09-15-10 at 04:22 AM.
    09-15-10 04:13 AM

Great theme ! I am trying to download new theme version, my superstore app tells me I can download 1.1 version but when download starts it tells me it is 1.0 version so I stop download. Do you know why ?
    This happened to me, I went ahead and downloaded it and I got the new version, despite it saying I was downloading 1.0

Great update btw, the focus icon is a massive plus as when I was scrolling over Bolt and a BBM group on my homescreen they wouldn't light up and was often opening the wrong app,
    09-15-10 08:39 AM
    Nice hidden-today theme with OS6 icons, but here's what I'm seeing...

Calendar icon is in the 4th spot, flanked by BBM on the left and VVM on the right.

I scroll over to the calendar and see my calendar entries with the shaded background. Scroll to the left to the BBM icon and the calendar entries disappear (as expected) but the shading stays on the screen AND it shows my SMS/MMS icon which is to the left of BBM. Scrolling to the SMS/MMS icon clears the shading and shows any existing messages.

And I have to +1 about the font in any buttons being relatively huge...
    Last edited by hytran; 09-15-10 at 10:45 AM.
    09-15-10 10:42 AM
    This happened to me, I went ahead and downloaded it and I got the new version, despite it saying I was downloading 1.0

Great update btw, the focus icon is a massive plus as when I was scrolling over Bolt and a BBM group on my homescreen they wouldn't light up and was often opening the wrong app,
    I see that you already downloaded the latest version. Good then. Thanks for purchasing =)
    09-15-10 08:32 PM
    Nice hidden-today theme with OS6 icons, but here's what I'm seeing...

Calendar icon is in the 4th spot, flanked by BBM on the left and VVM on the right.

I scroll over to the calendar and see my calendar entries with the shaded background. Scroll to the left to the BBM icon and the calendar entries disappear (as expected) but the shading stays on the screen AND it shows my SMS/MMS icon which is to the left of BBM. Scrolling to the SMS/MMS icon clears the shading and shows any existing messages.

And I have to +1 about the font in any buttons being relatively huge...
    Hi Hytran,

Thanks for using Shade.

If you read properly on the spec list, for the hidden-today feature to work properly, put the message/sms app and the calendar app on the 3rd and 4th position on the application list respectively. So in this case you just need to replace your BBM with your SMS app. (The transparent background only appear for the 3rd & 4th slots)

Can you give me a screenshot about the big fonts (and mark those big fonts.. a simple red dot will do)? I have few people complaining about this and I find it strange because as far as I know, the biggest font I use in Shade is for the clock. Other than that, the rest are default fonts, or at least 1 or 2 points bigger/smaller than the font size on the default (Precision Zen) theme - for each element.

Btw the wallpaper is so nostalgic =)
    09-15-10 08:41 PM
    Hi All,

I'm working to provide the proper updates (I'll probably need to re-compile the themes). You MIGHT receive another upgrade email from MobiHand, but for those who have downloaded the latest version (the one with focus icon), please just ignore those emails.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks =)
    09-15-10 08:47 PM
    Hi Hytran,

Thanks for using Shade.

If you read properly on the spec list, for the hidden-today feature to work properly, put the message/sms app and the calendar app on the 3rd and 4th position on the application list respectively. So in this case you just need to replace your BBM with your SMS app. (The transparent background only appear for the 3rd & 4th slots)

Can you give me a screenshot about the big fonts (and mark those big fonts.. a simple red dot will do)? I have few people complaining about this and I find it strange because as far as I know, the biggest font I use in Shade is for the clock. Other than that, the rest are default fonts, or at least 1 or 2 points bigger/smaller than the font size on the default (Precision Zen) theme - for each element.

Btw the wallpaper is so nostalgic =)
    I don't remember seeing the 3rd slot requirement, but at least I got the calendar in the right spot! Thanks for the gentle reminder LOL

The same large font shows up in the "unlock" screen (unlock/emergency/cancel) buttons, but I can't get a screen shot with the phone locked, so here's the screen options:

It only seems to be the buttons, the other fonts are just fine.

I got that wallpaper in one of the threads around here (Pooh_by_RickardP). I like it not only because it's nostalgic but it can be interpreted many different ways. It's a far cry from my usual railroading wallpapers...
    09-16-10 07:12 AM
    I don't remember seeing the 3rd slot requirement, but at least I got the calendar in the right spot! Thanks for the gentle reminder LOL

The same large font shows up in the "unlock" screen (unlock/emergency/cancel) buttons, but I can't get a screen shot with the phone locked, so here's the screen options:

It only seems to be the buttons, the other fonts are just fine.

I got that wallpaper in one of the threads around here (Pooh_by_RickardP). I like it not only because it's nostalgic but it can be interpreted many different ways. It's a far cry from my usual railroading wallpapers...
    Hi Hytran & others,

I have updated Shade properly, and I also want to confirm the large font size issue. I have set the font to be exactly the same size with the default Zen font, but somehow they still appear bigger than they should. For now I have no idea why this is happening. I'll update them as soon as I can find a cure for the problem.
    09-19-10 11:48 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD