Hi CB people! I would like to introduce Shade, a new premium theme designed with simplicity in mind. Shade gives your Blackberry a clean, classy yet modern look for your Blackberry.

Some features are:
    • Simple design, with 8 mini icons re-arranged for a better readability.
    • Neutral color scheme, fits any wallpaper
    • 3 hotspots: clock (open Clock application), battery (open Options), and signal icon (open Network manager).
    • Battery meter with percentage.
    • Non Hidden Today & Hidden Today versions available.
    • For Hidden Today version, put the message/sms app and the calendar app on the 3rd and 4th position on the application list respectively).
    • Hidden Today contains 5 entries, items are selectable. Dark shade as a background to ensure your hidden today text is readable regardless of the wallpaper.
    • OS5 icons version for those who love the good old classy feeling of OS5.
    • OS6 icons version for those who demand Blackberry’s modern look and feel. (Note: OS6 versions icon currently doesn't have highlight pointer icon, so any 3rd party apps will not have a highlight state on the home screen. There is an update coming in for this.)

Shade supports OS 5.0 non-touch devices with 480 x 360 screen resolution. Tested on Bold 9700 using OS 5.0.

Enough talking, screenshots are below!

20 Sept 2010 Update:
    - New focus icon for OS6 icons versions.
    - Removing internal version number (replaced with date), and will only use MobiHand version.
    - Screenshot:

I would like to give credit to:
    • Matt Ginsberg from bbthemelab.com for his great tutorials on Blackberry theeming.
    • Awayu, also from bbthemelab.com, for his Blackberry OS6 icon set. Great job guys.
    • DanBerry001 and tct70 from Crackberry.com for helping me testing this theme.

Please report any bugs using the technical support tab in this theme's product page at Mobihand.com.
    I'd love to hear some feedbacks or reviews at Mobihand or Crackberry websites.

Thanks & enjoy, I hope you like it.
    Last edited by SilentSeth; 09-19-10 at 09:32 PM.
    08-20-10 09:26 PM
    Bahhh I jus bought this theme and I bought the wrong one But this is soo awesome with the different color highlights! Do u mind sharing the wallpaper is the first screenshot? Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 10:14 PM
    Bahhh I jus bought this theme and I bought the wrong one But this is soo awesome with the different color highlights! Do u mind sharing the wallpaper is the first screenshot? Thank you!

Coming..

08-20-10 11:24 PM
    Thank you so much!

08-20-10 11:43 PM
    Thank you so much!

No problem, thanks for using the theme.

Let me know if you have any feedbacks.
    08-20-10 11:52 PM
    I like the theme. Bought the OS6 Icon with Hidden Today. And the price is awesome.

Feedback after toying with it:

1) When you have 3rd apps ( window live messenger, pandora , opera mini , berryweather ) set as one of the 8 icons, it does not highlight or hovers around it like the other applications. The name appears though.

However, on the menu screen, it highlights like it suppose too.

Its something i can live with but just bring it to your attention.

2) it could just be my phone, but it sorta lags a bit when you go from slot 4 (i set mine to calender) to slot 5, it sorta hangs a bit before the calender data disappear. I did a battery pull and did the ALT +aA + Del for soft reset and it still hangs.

It could just be my phone, but its something to look into.

---
    Nitpicking (suggestions) mode :

Spacebar should be set to Quicklaunch/shortcutme
    - Reason i say this is because a lot of people rely on QL/SCM. I do but i also have my left button convenience set to QL for themes that does not support spacebar as QL/SCM. QL/SCM sorta became a norm and a must have app for all users ( of course this is just my speculation from looking/reading through the 9700 theme threads. )

Thats all. =] I really enjoy the theme. Good job and keep at it.
    08-21-10 02:22 AM
    I like the theme. Bought the OS6 Icon with Hidden Today. And the price is awesome.

Feedback after toying with it:

1) When you have 3rd apps ( window live messenger, pandora , opera mini , berryweather ) set as one of the 8 icons, it does not highlight or hovers around it like the other applications. The name appears though.

However, on the menu screen, it highlights like it suppose too.

Its something i can live with but just bring it to your attention.

2) it could just be my phone, but it sorta lags a bit when you go from slot 4 (i set mine to calender) to slot 5, it sorta hangs a bit before the calender data disappear. I did a battery pull and did the ALT +aA + Del for soft reset and it still hangs.

It could just be my phone, but its something to look into.

---
    Nitpicking (suggestions) mode :

Spacebar should be set to Quicklaunch/shortcutme
    - Reason i say this is because a lot of people rely on QL/SCM. I do but i also have my left button convenience set to QL for themes that does not support spacebar as QL/SCM. QL/SCM sorta became a norm and a must have app for all users ( of course this is just my speculation from looking/reading through the 9700 theme threads. )

Thats all. =] I really enjoy the theme. Good job and keep at it.
    Hey, thanks for the inputs.

About the 3rd party icons.. Sorry about this, but that's because I rely on "normal icons" and "mouseover icons". The OS6 icons have both, but apparently 3rd party icons don't. I did try using a "focus icon", but somehow they look ugly on the main screen. (The dimension of the mini dock is just too small to put a nice focus icon there)

About the lag.. I don't really understand why, but I suspect that it's because of the 2 backgrounds of the hidden today (one for sms and one for calendar). Cannot promise anything for now, but I'll see what I can do.

About the QL shortcut, CMIIW, but I thought it is set from the QL options, not from the theme?

About the price.. Let's say it's an introduction price LOL (this is my first theme).. Anyway I believe if a theme designer put higher price tag on their theme, it is because simply they offer a better theme. I acknowledge that there are many better theme designers out there, and I really respect their works regardless of the price tag. And the most important part is, either you buy a $2 or a $20 theme, you help themers grow =)

Cheers all, have a great weekend.
    Last edited by SilentSeth; 08-21-10 at 05:52 AM.
    08-21-10 05:31 AM
    On the hidden today version can any icon be placed where the Calendar is such as Weather?
    08-21-10 09:33 AM
    On the hidden today version can any icon be placed where the Calendar is such as Weather?
    Err you mean to put any icon (other than calendar) on the 4th spot? Yes you can but then you won't have the hidden today feature.
    08-21-10 11:40 AM
    Err you mean to put any icon (other than calendar) on the 4th spot? Yes you can but then you won't have the hidden today feature.
    Do not like that anyway but there is no calendar in the non-hidden today correct?

Great theme btw........
    08-21-10 11:54 AM
    Do not like that anyway but there is no calendar in the non-hidden today correct?

Great theme btw........
    Correct.. If you need the calendar, you can only get it using the hidden today version.

Thanks, glad that you like it =)
    08-21-10 12:03 PM
    Correct.. If you need the calendar, you can only get it using the hidden today version.

Thanks, glad that you like it =)
    Thanks...............
    08-21-10 12:25 PM
    From the order list report, most buy the hidden today versions.. I wonder why do you people like hidden today feature? Personally I don't like people looking at my schedule / messages when they borrow my phone to toy with it =p
    08-21-10 09:03 PM
    Lol I bought both ;-). But I like the HT bc it reminds me I have to go to work BUT I especially like your HT bc the transparent background is perfectly done!

08-21-10 09:29 PM
    From the order list report, most buy the hidden today versions.. I wonder why do you people like hidden today feature? Personally I don't like people looking at my schedule / messages when they borrow my phone to toy with it =p
    No one uses my BB............
    08-21-10 09:51 PM
    No one uses my BB............
    But Sir.. In this saturated market heavily flooded with other devices, we have to help the others by showing them the Bold way.. =p
    08-22-10 03:20 AM
    Awsome theme..love it! good job! i like this coz its simply and elegant..
    Here's my screenshot ...

can you make some changes for mine...? if its oke?
    08-22-10 05:47 AM
    Awsome theme..love it! good job! i like this coz its simply and elegant..
    Here's my screenshot ...

can you make some changes for mine...? if its oke?
    Hi TotsieBeyonce, please check your PM.
    08-22-10 07:02 AM
    Check your PM sir...thanx!

Hi TotsieBeyonce, please check your PM.
    08-22-10 11:09 AM
    Check your PM sir...thanx!
    I replied back, please check ur PM.
    Btw.. that wally reminds me to sweater pattern LOL.
    08-23-10 12:37 AM
    Do the calendar items ONLY show up when you focus on the calendar icon or is there a way to display them at all times?
    08-23-10 09:30 AM
    It only shows when highlighted. I'd lovee a permanent calendar display tho . I'd pay for a custom theme if you ever have the time too!

08-23-10 10:19 AM
    It only shows when highlighted. I'd lovee a permanent calendar display tho . I'd pay for a custom theme if you ever have the time too!

Hmm.. a fixed calendar.. Good idea, but to be honest currently I don't know how to do it yet.. I cannot promise I will launch a fixed calendar version anytime soon.

Anyway, many thanks guys, your feedbacks are much appreciated, maybe I can incorporate it in Shade later or probably in another theme. In the mean time, this is the only thing I can offer =)

* Waiting for more feedbacks =p *
    08-23-10 10:09 PM
    Nice, I like it!
    08-23-10 10:18 PM
    Its ok. I still love it

08-23-10 10:26 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD