EDIT: I don't think the error was related. I don't want to alarm anyone, would a moderator kindly remove this thread?

I couldn't get QL 2.17 to work until I not only switched to a theme without a built in shortcut, but also deleted the themes that had them. Anyone else have any issues? (java.lang.error or somethin' like that)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by boobah204; 01-06-10 at 02:54 AM.
    01-06-10 12:05 AM
    I haven't updated yet but I'll report back when I do.
    01-06-10 02:35 AM
    I've reinstalled the themes and have no problems yet, error was likely unrelated

01-06-10 02:52 AM
    I love the new Q shortcut. Now i have a free convenience key
    01-06-10 09:42 AM
    I love the new option! I actually would not download a theme unless it had the spacebar shortcut for QL. Now, I have more options! I thought it would be annoying to not be able to dial from the home screen but hit the phone button and there you go. As far as your issue, I haven't had any issues at all, YET...
    01-06-10 10:47 AM
    How do you get 2.17? I am running 2.15.7. When I select "check for updates" i get nothing.
    01-06-10 11:04 AM
    Where did you purchase from? Log into mobihand.com go to my apps. It should show there.

If you purchased from app world, it may not have updated there yet.

01-06-10 02:48 PM
    Where did you purchase from? Log into mobihand.com go to my apps. It should show there.

If you purchased from app world, it may not have updated there yet.

I got it from appworld, but the strange thing is that it doesn't show up in “my world”. Also, clicking on check for updates within the ql options menu says no updates found.

01-06-10 07:49 PM
    What is the new "shortcut" I dont see any options for a shortcut key, and have tried hittin spaacebar with no luck?

Thanks
    01-07-10 07:52 AM
    Yeah with QuickLaunch purchased from app world the updates are usually delayed. That might be addressed in the first post of the original thread.

@328 pressing Q launches QuickLaunch on version 217.
    But only if you disable dial from home screen. (if you don't know what I means, just ask. And I will detail)

As far as the spacebar, that only works with certain themes if the theme creator adds that.

01-07-10 08:20 AM
    @328 pressing Q launches QuickLaunch on version 217.
    But only if you disable dial from home screen. (if you don't know what I means, just ask. And I will detail)

As far as the spacebar, that only works with certain themes if the theme creator adds that.

Ahh yes ok, I got it now!
    01-07-10 08:23 AM
    Not good if you use the Q key to launch QSMS. I love QuickLaunch but the space key shortcut is best for me so I guess I have to skip all future updates. Shame really as it's a great program.
    01-07-10 08:41 AM
    A bit off topic, but wouldn't it be great if all program shortcuts cut be user-customized, that way we wouldn't have to depend on various theme builders and app developers not being in conflict?

Is there an app that allows you to overried default shortcuts and create your own?
    01-07-10 08:54 AM
    Not that I know of. That would be great!

01-07-10 12:51 PM
    Not good if you use the Q key to launch QSMS. I love QuickLaunch but the space key shortcut is best for me so I guess I have to skip all future updates. Shame really as it's a great program.
    Well it makes sense why they use the Q key.
    01-07-10 12:57 PM
    Again there are no conflicts. I reinstalled spacebar shortcut themes and both spacebar and q act as a shortcut. I do believe that's a feature that should be user defined through the OS, though.

01-07-10 02:30 PM
    I spoke with QL developer regarding the QSMS issue.. All you have to do is re-install QSMS and if the theme is not using the Q key, it should work.. Some of my themes work some don't due to the dedicated "Q" key. I just set my left convienence key to activate QSMS if needed.

I also asked the developer to maybe have this as an option to turn on and off if needed. He said he may update it next time.

01-07-10 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD