hey everyone, my first post here. now to my problem. Everytime I get a bbm recently, I get a little icon on top of the screen saying that I have a new message but the messages icon in the dock doesn't "light" up with the red notification thingy anymore... it used to do but not anymore for some reason. I was getting some texts last night and the small icon on top was showing as a bbm but they were sms so I didn't know where to look. when everything work as it should, the sms & mms icon would light up in the dock, or if it was a bbm then the messages icon would light up.

What gives? any ideas? thanks in advance
    02-19-10 06:58 AM
    Try doing a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put it back in and wait for your device to boot up... do this about once a week, it's needs it.
    02-19-10 07:22 AM
    I've tried that but it didn't help... just got a couple of emails through and the "messages" icon lit up (I think messages stands for emails and bbm right? and the sms&mms for those am I correct?). so I'm still confused

EDIT: Actually, I haven't tried to leave the battery out for 20 seconds, is that important? I only took it out and put it straight back in...
    02-19-10 07:34 AM
    BBM has its own icon when messages arrive. SMS, MMS, & e-mail have a different icon. If you're not getting a red * by you message folder, do a battery pull, leave it out for 20-30 seconds(which is important) & replace the battery & cover. This should give you a hard reset & should fix your issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 07:43 AM
    yeah I know it does. the thing is though that the little bbm icon shows up on top of the screen next to the time. but it doesn't light up my "messages" icon in the dock. just tried to put the bbm icon in the dock and that works, it lights up, but why not the messages icon? when they're stored under that icon as well?
    02-19-10 08:08 AM
    basically what I'm asking is, should my "messages" icon light up with a red * when I get a bbm? coz I'm pretty sure it used to... thanks.
    02-19-10 08:19 AM
    Leave the battery out for 20 full seconds
    02-19-10 08:26 AM
    I've done that since, sorry should've mentioned that. still doesn't light up. so the answer is yes, the messages icon should light up when I get a bbm?
    02-19-10 08:28 AM
    I've done that since, sorry should've mentioned that. still doesn't light up. so the answer is yes, the messages icon should light up when I get a bbm?
    NO, the BBM icon is the only thing that should have a new message identification mark if you get a BBM message.
    02-19-10 08:30 AM
    oh ok, thank you very much fatboy97 for your help. so I was confused and thought that it used to light up messages icon as well. my bad.
    02-19-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD