Please note, the themes in this thread were developed for devices running OS 5.x.

If you are running OS 6, visit my other thread (those themes are just named leebo. No digits in the name).

================

I posted links to a couple of themes I created over in this thread.

Here are updated versions of both of themes - leebo05 and leebo06.

These themes are intended to show off your wallpaper, but still give you critical information.

I eschewed lots of Composer magic in favor of smaller theme sizes. The leebo05 themes are all under 200 KB. leebo06 is larger because of the OS6 eye candy, but it's still under 600 KB.

I am always looking to maximize visibility, so I swapped out the signal meters for numbers in version 3.0. As noted below, default meters are available in 3.0.1.

Radio meter will read 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for number of bars, a red E for SOS, X for radio unavailable and - for radio off.

WLAN meter will read 0, 1, 2 for signal quality, X for WLAN unavailable and - for WLAN off.

I fixed a minor bug with the date field on the Application Banner - longer dates were not showing completely.

I still haven't figured out the issue with the profiles popup font color, but it's a minor annoyance in my view.

Transitions have been removed in 3.x versions (they're still present in the 1.x versions that are listed in the thread below).

I have also uploaded versions with the default signal meters, as requested. These are based on the 3.x build, so all the homescreen hotkeys listed will apply for all 3.x themes. The default meter themes are version 3.0.1.

And I added a few homescreen hotkeys. The list is as follows:

$ = SMS/MMS
    0 = Profiles
    E = Files
    F = Facebook
    G = GoogleMaps
    Z = Clock

Here are OTA links:

leebo05 3.0
    leebo06 3.0
    leebo06 Pink 3.0

leebo05 3.0.1 (Default meters)
    leebo06 3.0.1 (Default meters)
    leebo06 Pink 3.0.1 (Default meters)

leebo06 4.0 User Defined Fonts
    leebo06 Pink 4.0 User Defined Fonts

leebo06 application icons:
    Last edited by wu-wei; 03-20-11 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added links for 4.0 versions with user-defined fonts
    Carterism and celestetbrown like this.
    08-30-10 10:31 AM
    Nice! thank you
    08-30-10 10:39 AM
    And here's a shot of it with a custom wallpaper:

08-30-10 10:40 AM
    Your links are screwed up.
    08-30-10 11:02 AM
    Looks like my hosting site is making some changes:

"we have some users who are unable to keep it clean. we are restructuring and because of the misuse we are shutting down during this change.
    don't worry your little heart though. we'll be back soon.
    if you need something @ reply or dm us @mybbota"
    08-30-10 11:04 AM
    I was able to view the page for leebo06 on my BB. How come the first pic has the time and date in the top left corner, but the third pic has the time in the bottom left? Both pics seem to be of the homescreen.
    08-30-10 11:13 AM
    PLEASE! wat a good looking theme, please post new ota
    08-30-10 11:14 AM
    I was able to view the page for leebo06 on my BB. How come the first pic has the time and date in the top left corner, but the third pic has the time in the bottom left? Both pics seem to be of the homescreen.
    The time is in the bottom left corner on the home screen for max wallpaper view.

Time and date are in the upper left in the application banner (basically all other screens except the home screen) in order to provide that information elsewhere. The application screen uses the default background, so I wasn't too worried about screen real estate there.

I hope that explains things a bit better.

Thanks for your interest!

Also, it looks like mybbota is back up and available. Please let me know if there are any issues with the links.
    08-30-10 11:19 AM
    Very nice! Could there be a pink version with the Pink (O6) new icons?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 11:36 AM
    The time is in the bottom left corner on the home screen for max wallpaper view.

Time and date are in the upper left in the application banner (basically all other screens except the home screen) in order to provide that information elsewhere. The application screen uses the default background, so I wasn't too worried about screen real estate there.

I hope that explains things a bit better.

Thanks for your interest!

Also, it looks like mybbota is back up and available. Please let me know if there are any issues with the links.
    Okay, so the third pic is the homescreen. I don't understand what the first pic is a screenshot of though.
    08-30-10 11:52 AM
    Okay, so the third pic is the homescreen. I don't understand what the first pic is a screenshot of though.
    The third pic is of the call screen.

08-30-10 12:12 PM
    Nice theme. Thanks for sharing

08-30-10 04:29 PM
    OK, in this thread there are 4 screenshots.

The first is the home screen.

The second is the home screen with the application banner visible. This is where the confusion is coming from - you don't usually see a screen like this on the device. It is a view in Theme Studio.

The third is the call screen, which also shows the application banner.

The fourth is the application screen, which shows the application icons for leebo06 as well as the application banner.

Part of the confusion might also be the fact that I'm referring to it as the application banner. That makes sense to folks who hack around in Theme Studio regularly. Basically, in Theme Studio developers can customize the banners differently between the home screen and all other screens.

I hope that helps.

If all else fails, just download one of the themes and take it for a spin.
    08-30-10 04:49 PM
    Very nice! Could there be a pink version with the Pink (O6) new icons?

I will track down those icons and whip up a new version for you.
    08-30-10 04:50 PM
    Nice theme. Thanks for sharing

You're welcome - thanks for saying so!
    08-30-10 04:53 PM
    Here is the pink version that was requested.

I changed the application screen background from blue gradient to grey gradient, and the focus icon is grey instead of blue as well. Just something more neutral to show off the pink. Everything else is the same as leebo06.

Also, not all icons were available in the pink set. So Activation, Reminder Manager, and LDAP Browser icons are still a la OS 6, not pink.

leebo06 3.0 Pink

And I'm not sure whether the jad file generated by mybbota incorporates all of the necessary text from bbthemelabs for use of the icons, so here it is in plain sight (just in case it doesn't show up during installation).

Icon set used: OS6 Icons which was created by Big Papa from Blackberry Theme Lab (Blackberry Theme Lab).
    08-30-10 05:41 PM
    Great theme! Thanks for sharing!

Quick question, I can not seem to find where a battery indicator is? Am I just being dumb and missing it?
    Thanks!
    08-30-10 06:20 PM
    Nice theme. Great work.. Love that it's wallpaper friendly.
    08-30-10 06:41 PM
    Great theme! Thanks for sharing!

Quick question, I can not seem to find where a battery indicator is? Am I just being dumb and missing it?
    Thanks!
    I removed the battery meter in favor of using either SmartBIndie or BatteryEx, which shows the battery level as a notification icon instead.
    08-30-10 06:51 PM
    Nice theme. Great work.. Love that it's wallpaper friendly.
    Thanks! I tried to make it as wall friendly as possible, but still showing the critical info.
    08-30-10 06:53 PM
    OK, in this thread there are 4 screenshots.

The first is the home screen.

The second is the home screen with the application banner visible. This is where the confusion is coming from - you don't usually see a screen like this on the device. It is a view in Theme Studio.

The third is the call screen, which also shows the application banner.

The fourth is the application screen, which shows the application icons for leebo06 as well as the application banner.

Part of the confusion might also be the fact that I'm referring to it as the application banner. That makes sense to folks who hack around in Theme Studio regularly. Basically, in Theme Studio developers can customize the banners differently between the home screen and all other screens.

I hope that helps.

If all else fails, just download one of the themes and take it for a spin.
    Oh ok. I was going off the actual mybbota link for leebo06 which shows the screenshots in a different order. That makes more sense now.
    08-30-10 07:06 PM
    Is it possible to post a link for your original version as well (the one with normal signal bars)?

I tried to download it from mybbota and the link is not working.
    08-30-10 07:52 PM
    I removed the battery meter in favor of using either SmartBIndie or BatteryEx, which shows the battery level as a notification icon instead.
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Since this is a great theme that a lot of people like, what are the rest of you using to check your battery life? I do not have either of the ones you said you are using Wu.
    08-30-10 08:25 PM
    Very nice theme....I liked the original, but he PINK is a bonus!! Thanks soooo much for sharing!
    08-30-10 08:39 PM
    Is it possible to post a link for your original version as well (the one with normal signal bars)?

I tried to download it from mybbota and the link is not working.
    These links should work for you:

leebo05 1.0
    leebo06 1.0

Keep in mind that these older versions don't have the same hotkeys. I think they've only got 0 for profiles and $ for SMS.
    08-30-10 09:14 PM
77 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD