Thanks for the quick reply, it works on the stock theme, the lightning bolt pulsates on my stock theme than when I switch over to your theme and I plug in the charger it has the little plug icon and it than goes away and all that is left if the battery indicator no charge indicator at all. The weird thing is when I click on the signal bar to have the drop down menu open up the battery indicator shows the lightning bolt pulsating on the battery indicator also when in the browser and media folders (pictures video etc.) But ONLY in these screens. No other screen will it show it, the home page is obviously my biggest concern here
    That is bizarre. All I know is what mine is doing...and for whatever reason mine shows the lightning bolt (not pulsing, and not the old plug) on all screens while charging.

I'll see what I can find out. I'm wondering whether other users are seeing similar issues (or if they see the proper charging icon) and if so, which OS version they're using.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this?
    02-01-11 11:13 PM
    So now after my fourth reboot today, the old plug logo shows up on EVERY screen and stays now when charged. Very weird though how first in certain screens it had the pulsating charge and now its just a plug. And you say you have a lightning bolt. Weird.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-01-11 11:24 PM
    So now after my fourth reboot today, the old plug logo shows up on EVERY screen and stays now when charged. Very weird though how first in certain screens it had the pulsating charge and now its just a plug. And you say you have a lightning bolt. Weird.....

Yes....very weird. Theme behavior baffles me sometimes.
    02-02-11 09:43 AM

I think we are looking at a theme builder bug more than a particualr theme issue. Other themes I've downloaded do the same with no charging icon until it's fully charged. Keep in mind this is a leak of theme builder and not a full blown release. And if I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing that ver 2 to theme builder is in the beta right now. I could be making that up more than likely. Haha.

Last edited by dirtybird072; 02-02-11 at 09:55 AM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-02-11 09:52 AM
    I think we are looking at a theme builder bug more than a particualr theme issue. Other themes I've downloaded do the same with no charging icon until it's fully charged. Keep in mind this is a leak of theme builder and not a full blown release. And if I'm not mistaken, I remember seeing that ver 2 to theme builder is in the beta right now. I could be making that up more than likely. Haha.

Theme Studio 6.0 beta 2 is out and that's what everyone is using to develop themes for OS6 devices - 6.0 beta 1 only allowed development for the 9800.

Beta 2 was leaked, but only a couple of hours before it was officially released by RIM anyway.

I've been building themes since the tool was Plazmic Content Developer's Kit 4.1, and trust me there has always been a fair number of bugs.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 02-02-11 at 10:54 AM.
    02-02-11 10:50 AM
    Like I said, I was making it up. Haha I half read things that don't really pertain to me. I think RIM is a synonym for buggy sometimes.

02-02-11 11:00 AM
    Will this run on a 9650 with OS6?
    it does run on the 9650 - that's what i have and we can use 9700 & 9780 themes as well!!
    02-02-11 11:14 AM
    Hey all....I added a weather slot version - link and screenshot in the first post.
    andyahs likes this.
    02-02-11 12:39 PM
    Super !!
    The latest addition to the series made my day AND ends my quest for a minimal, sleek and functional theme.

Less is more... with a little weather on top !

Thanks again !!!

EDIT:

Stretching the limit here...
    Would it be possible to have the option to move the weatherslot ? I'd like it to be off-centre. Either to the left or right.
    No biggy, only when you feel like it and can find the time for it.
    Thx !
    Last edited by FRanatic; 02-02-11 at 12:51 PM.
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-02-11 12:46 PM
    Super !!
    The latest addition to the series made my day AND ends my quest for a minimal, sleek and functional theme.

Less is more... with a little weather on top !

Thanks again !!!

EDIT:

Stretching the limit here...
    Would it be possible to have the option to move the weatherslot ? I'd like it to be off-centre. Either to the left or right.
    No biggy, only when you feel like it and can find the time for it.
    Thx !
    I anticipated that would be a request.

I'll poke around in Theme Studio later today and will update the thread when I make the changes.

Cheers.
    02-02-11 02:20 PM
    Any pink icons/weather slot version update of the theme?
    02-02-11 02:29 PM
    Didn't you just ask for that yesterday? Give them some time...

02-02-11 03:11 PM
    Didn't you just ask for that yesterday? Give them some time...

True, the request was made yesterday....but I have also posted several other variations in the meantime.

To be honest, the pink icons are alot of extra work (if I recall correctly from developing the OS5 versions of my theme) and I have to tinker a bit inside Theme Builder.

It's not that I don't want to make the pink icon version (I certainly do, I know there are several ladies (big assumption there) who would like to have this with pink icons), I'm just a bit busy and rather dreading the brain damage of replacing icons in Theme Builder.

It will be my next priority....promise.
    02-02-11 04:02 PM
    Finally. Sheesh.

Waited forever for the latest Theme Studio...so here it is, my leebo theme ported to OS 6.

This is a wallpaper-friendly theme - intentionally minimalist.

On the home screen, you can scroll from an offscreen button (which launches the first app in your device order) up to the signal meter (which launches Manage Connections - thank you RIM!).
    [*]leebo 1.0.4.8 (US version - Battery meter and network (for dirtybird072))[/LIST]

e it.[/B]
    Could you make a US version with just network signal meter and date only on the home screen? no time, no alarm, no battery, no weather slot, please? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jdaclutch; 02-02-11 at 08:14 PM.
    02-02-11 07:45 PM
    Yes....very weird. Theme behavior baffles me sometimes.

Dirtybird was right, the charge icon (plug) only shows when the phone is full charged. Which is when its most useless! lol. So the charge icon is still a no show, but other themes I have used have this so I dont know why it wouldnt work with the Leebo theme
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-02-11 07:54 PM
    I anticipated that would be a request.

I'll poke around in Theme Studio later today and will update the thread when I make the changes.

Cheers.
    Awesome. Thanks !

Are you taking even more requests from me ? LOL..
    How about not mapping G. I have Maps installed, but use that shortcut for Talk. I'm kinda hardcoded that way...

Just out of curiosity...how come the alarm icon is cut off on the top and right ? I've seen several theme's where this occurs, but also one where it shows just fine. Another bug in theme studio ?

Last edited by FRanatic; 02-03-11 at 05:58 AM.
    02-03-11 05:18 AM
    Download the weather slot version here:

leebo 1.1.0.0
    Thanks for adding the weather slot. Your theme is perfect.
    wu-wei likes this.
    02-03-11 08:25 AM
    Awesome. Thanks !

Are you taking even more requests from me ? LOL..
    How about not mapping G. I have Maps installed, but use that shortcut for Talk. I'm kinda hardcoded that way...

Just out of curiosity...how come the alarm icon is cut off on the top and right ? I've seen several theme's where this occurs, but also one where it shows just fine. Another bug in theme studio ?

I'll take G out of one for you.

The alarm icon is a pain for me. I can't figure it out. The icon is a fixed size within Theme Builder, so the placeholder for it can't be resized. I remember this was an issue in Theme Builder 5 as well - if I changed the icon (say, to one pulled from OS6) then it wouldn't resize properly and would look goofy. And there was no way to undo it either, so I had to start over from scratch to get back to a normal icon. That's part of why my version numbers seem so screwy - I keep lots of iterations along the way as I develop.

Another thing I've noticed is that the in-call icons are goofy - at least for me. They don't show up with the icons I see in Theme Builder, it seems the theme wants to use old OS5 type icons there. Again, that may be because I'm using a different "BlackBerry6" theme as my base. Just like different versions of Precision Zen would have different font sizes, etc. on OS5, seems the same thing is happening here.

Thanks for the feedback!
    02-03-11 11:30 AM
    I'll take G out of one for you.

The alarm icon is a pain for me. I can't figure it out. The icon is a fixed size within Theme Builder, so the placeholder for it can't be resized. I remember this was an issue in Theme Builder 5 as well - if I changed the icon (say, to one pulled from OS6) then it wouldn't resize properly and would look goofy. And there was no way to undo it either, so I had to start over from scratch to get back to a normal icon. That's part of why my version numbers seem so screwy - I keep lots of iterations along the way as I develop.

Another thing I've noticed is that the in-call icons are goofy - at least for me. They don't show up with the icons I see in Theme Builder, it seems the theme wants to use old OS5 type icons there. Again, that may be because I'm using a different "BlackBerry6" theme as my base. Just like different versions of Precision Zen would have different font sizes, etc. on OS5, seems the same thing is happening here.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Did you see my request, Wu-wei? i'm wondering if you could do that for me. Thank you.
    02-03-11 01:02 PM
    Just posted it up...enjoy!
    02-03-11 02:08 PM
    For the person in the UK with the problem of the $ hotkey. Got to options/typing and input/keyboard/currency key/change it form � to $/save

That should resolve your issue

02-03-11 02:13 PM
    Guys, I'm working on the other requests....

I also wanted to say that I loaded the 448 version of the BlackBerry6 theme and now I'm seeing the same issues with the alarm icon, and with the charging icon. I'm scratching my head on those two issues...will see what, if anything, I can do to make things work properly.
    02-03-11 02:14 PM
    For the person in the UK with the problem of the $ hotkey. Got to options/typing and input/keyboard/currency key/change it form � to $/save

That should resolve your issue
    1) We use the � in the UK, not the �
    2) Why change it at all? There's a dedicated theme for us
    02-03-11 03:23 PM
    I see the pink version. I downloaded it and the icons are not pink,so what is involved in the pink version?
    02-03-11 04:29 PM
    I see the pink version. I downloaded it and the icons are not pink,so what is involved in the pink version?
    Did you reboot? All icons are showing up as pink when I load it up...
    02-03-11 04:42 PM
531 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD