Hi folks,

After using my Blackberry Bold for a few months and having used 40+ premium and free themes purchased from this website I decided to have a go myself.

This is my first theme and I think everything works - tell me if it doesn't!

I've went for a minimialist looking homescreen with hidden icons. There are 8 icons along the bottom which pop up as you scroll over them and I've incorporated the weather icon (WeatherBug in my case) in the top bar. Along the top you can click on Profiles, Weather, Clock and also the Battery and Signal Meters which bring you to options. All the icons are really high quality and colourful. The theme is also Today Preview enabled.

Home Screen Screen Shot with BBM highlighted:

Applications:

Media Icons:

Applications Icons:

The menu is semi transparent black and profiles (and quicklaunch) is a transparent yellow fade.

Please feel free to download the theme and please go easy on me - its my first attempt!

OTA

V1.2 Updates
    User customisable fonts are allowed now. Also added more rounded edges to the dialogue boxes.
    This theme has the road background used thoughout.

OTA

I was convinced to try and make a girly theme and in the end I've made screens that maybe look better than before! The name on this is Initial Girl.

OTA

V1.2 Updates
    User customisable fonts are allowed now. Also added more rounded edges to the dialogue boxes.
    This theme has the leather backround used on every screen except the homescreen.

OTA

Stevie
    Last edited by Stevies; 06-11-10 at 01:52 PM.
    06-10-10 10:37 AM
    Thanks Stevie! The screenshots look awesome, so I will give it a go. Very good concept. The only thing right off that kind of discourages me is the wall choice used...would be great to have solid backgrounds so the theme can be more wallpaper friendly. But thanks to you nonetheless..great work!!!!
    06-10-10 10:42 AM
    Will maybe change some of my wallpaper choices - not everyone is into cars and roads!
    06-10-10 10:57 AM
    Will maybe change some of my wallpaper choices - not everyone is into cars and roads!
    Lol that's true...this is definitely one for the guys...but very nicely done
    06-10-10 11:27 AM
    Looks good, would look better if the fonts were finished. Did you mean to do that on purpose?
    06-10-10 11:39 AM
    Can you tell me what you mean?
    I'm new to this and used Arial font (and some Tahoma) - didn't have the option to use my preference of BBAlpha Sans for some reason in Theme Builder.

Stevie
    Last edited by Stevies; 06-10-10 at 11:49 AM.
    06-10-10 11:47 AM
    Loving those icons

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 01:20 PM
    Maybe user customizable fonts! Love the yellow. Agree with darker background. Nice, clean and crisp icons.

06-10-10 01:29 PM
    Just updated my first post to include the new version of the theme for those that aren't interested in cars. I've called it initial girl but it only needs a homescreen change for any of you guys that like the leather look!

Stevie
    06-10-10 03:10 PM
    Very cool and original. Many thanks!!! (I'm female and honestly, don't know which one to use, lol!)
    06-10-10 03:38 PM
    i've downloaded but where can i find the green batery meter?thx,nice theme
    06-10-10 10:52 PM
    Agree that the font is a bit of a turnoff, but the road wall is nice Would you mind sharing it
    06-11-10 03:46 AM
    Will have to work on my fonts - user customisable will be something I'll need to work out. Can it be done with theme builder?

The green battery meter is an app that I downloaded from mobihand called BatteryEx - there is a free version and a paid version. To be honest I had the free version then upgraded but in my opinion the free version is the one to have as the paid one doesn't add anything good. The free version counts down the battery in single units.

This is the road background I was using - personally I love it but its not everyones cup of tee!

Stevie
    06-11-10 05:29 AM
    thanks for the girl version...can never go wrong with black leather
    06-11-10 08:54 AM
    I love the girly version! Looks and works great. Could you post the wall for that one? Thanks for sharing

06-11-10 12:50 PM
    Just added the updates to the first post. Both themes now feature user customisable fonts.

Thanks for the comments so far, been enjoying making the themes so far and working on some more advanced stuff for the next ones!

These are the screens from Initial Girl:

Thanks again

Stevie
    06-11-10 01:57 PM
    i'm loving it... tq so much..
    06-20-10 06:51 AM
    Dear Stevie,

Thanks for this amazing theme, personally i always looking for hidden dock themes but this idea about icons that pop out when u scroll it just simply brilliant and also this theme is a clean one so i really appreciate it... Thanks again Stevie.

Actually i have few request for u. First can u put the EDGE,GPRS,3G sign on the home screen so we know how strong our signal is? And I noticed that for yahoo messenger and windows live messenger icons at the home screen don't change when sign out can u fix it so when sign out the icons change too?

I recently noticed that the weather slot icons also don't change day and night, at my bold 9700 the icons stay the same at night icons even though now is 13 PM.

Sorry for my bad english, just let me know if u're already fix those problems and published a new version for this theme coz I'm looking forward for perfection of this theme..

Thx a lot...
    Last edited by ZeroStream; 07-12-10 at 11:11 PM.
    07-12-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD