Firefly/Serenity Theme

Version 1.1

Version 2

App Screen

I originally designed this for the 9000 but decided to make it available for 9700 users and the screenshots above are from my bold 9000 but the 9700 looks identical

I've done 2 designs V1.2 & V2.1. only canges between the two are the wallpapers and icon layout.

Based on the popular TV series Firefly and subsequent movie Serenity this theme has Kanji symbols as the main icons. the SMS/MMS icon has two different symbols showing the word Serenity and also has The Ballard of Serenity as the default ringtone.

9700 Serenity V1.2 & V2.1

because of the theme host having a hissy fit he doesnt want me linking you directly to my themes so follow the link and you will see the Serenity V1.2 & V2.1 at the bottom.

Say thanks if you like it.
    06-16-10 10:32 PM
    AWESOME THEME!! Makes me wish I could read Chinese.

Any chance getting this theme with mini icons?
    06-19-10 01:25 PM

I read chinese because I am a chinese.

Tell you what, those characters mean nothing if they are looked at independently. In addition, they have absolutely nothing to do with the applications association with them.

that's usually the case: western people just treat chinese characters as pictures. I literally saw a muscle guy with two chinese characters tattooed on his back neck. The characters read: mental ill Let alone the characters miss strokes.
    06-22-10 10:51 PM
    I read chinese because I am a chinese.

Tell you what, those characters mean nothing if they are looked at independently. In addition, they have absolutely nothing to do with the applications association with them.

that's usually the case: western people just treat chinese characters as pictures. I literally saw a muscle guy with two chinese characters tattooed on his back neck. The characters read: mental ill Let alone the characters miss strokes.
    the reason why you read them is cause i used japanese kanji symbols. the best way to describe kanji is a one character representation of a chinese word.

i originally intended to use chinese symbols to stay true to the theme but all the chinese words i could find used at least 2-3 symbols. so after looking some kanji symbols i recognised a few and found that some chinese words that used 2 symbols were shortened to using only one of the orginal chinese symbols as its kanji representation.

the only icon that stays true to chinese symbols is the sms/mms icon which shows both symbols (highlighted and unhighlighted) to read serenity.
    06-29-10 11:45 PM

going any smaller on the icons start to make them difficult to tell apart for people like us that dont read asian characters and the current size is a good compromise between form and function

thanks for the feedback and sorry for long reply time (forgot to subscribe to my own thread)
    06-29-10 11:46 PM
    Hi henry2264 any chance your could do that for a storm 9500 theme as I'm a huge firefly fan would be willing to pay please pm thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 11:35 PM
    Awesome Theme! Any chance for an OS6-Version ?
    03-20-11 12:34 PM
    Seconding the request for OS 6 version!
    09-26-11 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD