View Poll Results: Do you run OS5 on your 9700?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS5/OS5 themes on my 9700 for life!

17 27.42%
  • **** no, Ive updated long ago to OS6 and wont look back!

45 72.58%
    Please only 9700 users vote..

Do you run OS5 or OS6 on your 9700 device?

thanks!
    06-02-11 09:15 AM
    os6 from day of burn it!
    06-02-11 09:28 AM
    I used to switch back and forth up to about 6 months ago. Now I just use os 6. The constant memory leak and "page too large" bugs getting really tiresome. I wish RIM would do something about these issues. They cheapen the quality of the os especially when its held up against android or iOS4.

Just my 2 cents...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-11 10:15 AM
    OS6 , and loving it
    06-02-11 10:48 AM
    Six, baby -- though I agree with the "page too large to load" bug; it's the one major issue I have.
    06-02-11 11:10 AM
    I'm still running OS 5 simply because I'm pretty freaked at trying the switch after having read about so many people finding their phones being ruined, bricked, fried etc after switching.
    Every time I back up my phone via Device Manager my finger hovers over the update button but jeez I really don't want to have to go through a bunch crap if it doesn't work.
    06-02-11 12:08 PM
    I'm still running OS 5 simply because I'm pretty freaked at trying the switch after having read about so many people finding their phones being ruined, bricked, fried etc after switching.
    Every time I back up my phone via Device Manager my finger hovers over the update button but jeez I really don't want to have to go through a bunch crap if it doesn't work.
    I say go for it. As long as you've backed up your data (which should be done regardless) everything should be fine.

06-02-11 02:19 PM
    and seriously, whats up with EVERY SINGLE THEME ON HERE using OS7 icons..

where'd the creativity go????? WOW
    shugagal and catberryday like this.
    06-02-11 03:13 PM
    I waaay prefer OS5. I've tried several of the OS6 versions and while I didn't have any problems getting them on there (or switching back), I just don't like how they run. I didn't see one single advantage. It wasn't faster and that's the only other thing I could ask for. I hated the way they had the "options" page put into categories. I spent so much time searching for things it was ridiculous. Plus the things everybody else has already mentioned, the serious memory leak and the page too large thing. I have a bunch of themes on my phone, as well as all the apps I want, and I'm still above 100 on the memory.
    06-02-11 05:31 PM
    I'm using OS6 but planning to down grade due to bugs I'm really tired of rebooting my fone every now and then.

06-02-11 07:04 PM
    leaning towards making more themes for OS5 then.. Im still using OS5 too.. :/
    06-02-11 07:44 PM
    OS5 for me until I can be convinced to upgrade. Please keep up with the OS5 themes for us Dannieloco!

06-02-11 09:21 PM
    leaning towards making more themes for OS5 then.. Im still using OS5 too.. :/
    I liked your themes, but I have not used OS 5 in over 6 months, nor will I ever use it again.
    06-02-11 09:35 PM
    theres plenty of phones using OS6 and many themers hooking them up.

We'll see how this vote goes. I ran os6 and os5 on this 9700 and theyre both great in my opinion, went back to the os5 just for the themes. Now that official theme maker software is out, i may got back to os
    06-03-11 01:56 AM
    Holla! OS5 for meee!!
    I'm skipping 6 and goin straight to OS7 w/ the 9900

06-03-11 02:02 AM
    I prefer OS5 and I'm sticking with it until I get the new 9900 when I don't have a choice
    06-03-11 06:48 AM
    I went back to Hybrid OS5 for my 97000 thanks to BDHP v7.0 (for ALL OS5 AND OS6 devices) 1st of all I love OS6 if there was no memory leak or browser crashes..I think OS6 is not meant for the 9700 I found a excellent OS6 Hybrid but the only problem was memory leak I was going from 108mb down to 79mb in a few hours! So for now I'm happy with my OS5 Hybrid until the 9900 comes out !

06-03-11 11:36 AM
    I say go for it. As long as you've backed up your data (which should be done regardless) everything should be fine.

I do back up my data via Device Manager, but honestly I have read so many tales of woe (yes there have been happy ones too) after switching to OS 6 that I really wonder. People who say; I shrunk my OS and deleted the COD file and my SMS text won't work etc., that I think I'll wait.
    Should the 9900 with OS 7 ever come out (I'm beginning to wonder) I'll make my jump then.
    06-03-11 12:20 PM
    os 6 is cool. and they are fixing all the bugs. os 5 has his own charm
    06-03-11 05:36 PM
    Haha same here. A couple of my friends r using OS6 and I can't ever fiind crap! I luv the HS hotkeys on OS5
    I prefer OS5 and I'm sticking with it until I get the new 9900 when I don't have a choice
    06-04-11 12:35 PM
    Me too. I'm keeping OS5, but I've got my eye on the 9900. We'll see.

06-04-11 12:38 PM
    just wondering if it's worth making OS5 themes still.. seems like a small group of os5 users
    06-04-11 01:12 PM
    No, keep making OS5 because there are more of us than you realize.

06-04-11 01:14 PM
    I am terrified of the problems with OS 6 on the 9700 so I am staying with OS 5 too until the 9900 comes out. I pray Att will run with it. I don't want to have to go to the Torch or Curve, played with both phones and they just couldn't beat the 9700. Speaking of backing up, how do you backup themes and third party apps? DM always gives me an error message when backing up themes. I have searched the threads but been throughly confused by it.
    06-05-11 12:19 AM
    I am terrified of the problems with OS 6 on the 9700 so I am staying with OS 5 too until the 9900 comes out. I pray Att will run with it. I don't want to have to go to the Torch or Curve, played with both phones and they just couldn't beat the 9700. Speaking of backing up, how do you backup themes and third party apps? DM always gives me an error message when backing up themes. I have searched the threads but been throughly confused by it.
    exactly the way I feel too ! I get the same thing on my backup - it says it doesn't save it all but I wonder about that because you can see them in the app loader part of the device manager. I wish there was something extremely simple to backup apps and theme settings.
    06-05-11 12:55 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD