I would appreciate if someone could please test this theme for me as someone has mentioned that it doesn't display properly on his 9700.

Here is the direct OTA link: http://freebbt.x10hosting.com/com_pl...oday__5_0_.jad

Here is the link to the details of the theme: The Theme Zone: Stock Weather Today (8900, 9600, 9700)

And here is the problem he is having: "When you scroll the highlighting focus bar up/down over the Calendar text; it's fine over 'Calendar' itself and on the entry immediately below it - but the positioning/registration is off for the entry below that - it shows as halfway between the 1st and 2nd calendar entry. Attached are some screenshots showing the cursor moving down that show this."

Here of some screenshots of the issue:

Please let me know if other people have this same issue or if it just him. Thanks.
    12-01-09 03:39 AM
    Ok, I'm on the Tour, but its doing the same thing for me. Nice theme otherwise!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 03:45 AM
    Ok, I'm on the Tour, but its doing the same thing for me. Nice theme otherwise!

Thanks a lot for testing that for me.

Do you mind testing it again, hopefully I've just fixed it. Here is the new OTA link:
    http://freebbt.x10hosting.com/com_pl..._Today_5_0.jad
    12-01-09 03:56 AM
    Thanks a lot for testing that for me.

Do you mind testing it again, hopefully I've just fixed it. Here is the new OTA link:
    Actually dont bother testing it that didn't fix it.

Trying again....
    12-01-09 04:06 AM
    Just downloaded it and tried it on my 9700

Issue is still there - the top calendar event is fine but as you said the cursor sits between the first and second line.

But it is still a nice theme. If you need it testing more just let me know.

B

12-01-09 04:08 AM
    Just downloaded it and tried it on my 9700

Issue is still there - the top calendar event is fine but as you said the cursor sits between the first and second line.

But it is still a nice theme. If you need it testing more just let me know.

B

Thanks for the feedback and the offer.

Ok I am pretty confident I have fixed it.

Here is the OTA:
    12-01-09 04:18 AM
    How much$$? Can't jeopardize my bb & warranty for free.

12-01-09 06:04 AM

How much what? How much am I charging you for the themes I make? Nothing. I am letting you download it for free.

Why would it jeopardize your BB?
    12-01-09 06:10 AM

LOL....putting a theme on your BB WILL NOT VOID your warranty at all...only thing that will void your warranty is opening the screws and taking it apart.

But putting a theme on will not jeopardize your BB in any way, shape or form.
    12-01-09 08:00 AM
    I'm not one to use my calender much, do you have one for the 9700 that will just show the messege list? Thanks in advance
    12-01-09 08:25 AM
    Why have people test for you? Why don't you simply download the simulator and test it yourself?

12-01-09 08:44 AM
    Why have people test for you? Why don't you simply download the simulator and test it yourself?

The issue reported above did not show up in the simulator or on my 8900.

12-01-09 01:12 PM
    hey d would your 8900 stock weather plus work for my 9700? you made that theme as a request for me back in the day and i was curious if I loaded it up if you would go
    12-01-09 07:51 PM
    hey d would your 8900 stock weather plus work for my 9700? you made that theme as a request for me back in the day and i was curious if I loaded it up if you would go
    Yes it would. I have updated that theme to 5.0 software, so it will work no problem.

Here is a link to download it:
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com/2009/09/curve-8900-stock-weather-plus.html

12-01-09 08:37 PM
    QUOTE=Spawn12;4208828]LOL....putting a theme on your BB WILL NOT VOID your warranty at all...only thing that will void your warranty is opening the screws and taking it apart.

But putting a theme on will not jeopardize your BB in any way, shape or form.[/QUOTE]

Well rogers won't help with any 3rd party apps even the ones they promote ie.facebook,
    I can't jepordize my bb for someone elses benifit. When I build a device for a customer it has to work the first time every time no if ands or buts. With a zero defiency rate. And would not have it any other way. My work is my name in the small niche market we often find ouraelves. If my bb does'nt work ,I don't work,And I've seen many themes and don't find many appealing,just because something is free doesn't make it a bargin if I miss a job/call.

12-02-09 01:12 AM
    LOL....putting a theme on your BB WILL NOT VOID your warranty at all...only thing that will void your warranty is opening the screws and taking it apart.

But putting a theme on will not jeopardize your BB in any way, shape or form.
    Well rogers won't help with any 3rd party apps even the ones they promote ie.facebook,
    I can't jepordize my bb for someone elses benifit. When I build a device for a customer it has to work the first time every time no if ands or buts. With a zero defiency rate. And would not have it any other way. My work is my name in the small niche market we often find ouraelves. If my bb does'nt work ,I don't work,And I've seen many themes and don't find many appealing,just because something is free doesn't make it a bargin if I miss a job/call.

Wow. I thought you were joking the first time. Turns out you were serious So you were actually looking to get paid to tell me if the background lines up with the wording???

Your comment about your job is completely irrelevant. You are comparing your job to what I do for fun. You (presumably) build a device for a client for a profit, I do this as a hobby. Not at all the same thing.

And again loading a theme is not going to "jepordize (your) bb"

And how/why do you think Rogers should or would support Facebook or any other 3rd party app? What kind of Facebook support would you possibly go to Rogers for?
    12-02-09 02:48 AM
    Hey D Mac

Just put this theme on my 9700 and it seems to be working fine...i couldnt see the bug that you mentioned in the first post.

Only things i dont like about it is the dark grey cursor ie when you scroll down its a dark grey colour...also if my WIFI is connected the network name in the middle top of the screen cuts it out ie cant fit it all in....other than that its near enough perfect.

Really like the theme though.
    12-04-09 06:56 AM
    Sorry I thought

you were speaking from a business perspective. I did not know you were operating / speaking from a hobbiest
    I figured you were operating as a freelancer programmer. The only problems I've really had other than normal were a missing home page icon whick reappeared after deleating app and a battery pull

12-04-09 07:02 AM
    Am testing this theme - would have preferred the weather and profile icons to be swapped, to keep it more 'standard' but I'll survive

Your screenshots show the date in UK format, but installing from the OTA link gives me american format!!! How can I resolve this?

Cheers
    12-04-09 09:20 AM
    Can you make this into a hidden dock ?
    12-04-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD