Since i put .656 on it seems to have caused MUCH more upset on my BB than OS upgrades normally do, what can I do to help this?

All my themes got reset to default so icon location/hidden folders etc. were all trashed (across 11 themes), this took ages to set back up again

Lots of apps I had to re-register (some still wont work)

Is there a 'smart' way of upgrading so stuff doesn't get trashed?
    Could I restore a previous (earlier than .656) backup that would bring back just the customisation or would it bring back the earlier OS too?
    05-26-10 03:36 AM
    Use BBSAK before upgrading to save .cod files (app files). Restore them after upgrade using BBSAK again. You will, however, have to still re-register the apps.
    05-26-10 04:11 AM
    ...Could I restore a previous (earlier than .656) backup that would bring back just the customisation or would it bring back the earlier OS too?
    You got it Neil

A previous backup will bring back your customisation, but not the earlier OS.

You'll still have to re-register your apps though, there's no getting round that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 04:11 AM
    A previous backup will bring back your customisation, but not the earlier OS.

You'll still have to re-register your apps though, there's no getting round that
    Ok, thanks Phil

It's better than nothing I guess and a small price to pay for having the latest OS....RIM should address this as it still sucks though
    05-26-10 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD