bCard is a Coverflow-style theme with app cards for the major apps and some customization options. Here are some of the highlights:

* App cards for the major applications, such as Messages, Calendar, Browser, Music, and more.
    * Hidden today.
    * Application bar along the bottom of the screen for Facebook, a Twitter app, and Profile.
    * Slide-out dock along the left-side of the screen with 5 customizable applications (based on device app order).
    * Weather slot.
    * Keyboard shortcuts: Spacebar for QuickLaunch, $ for SMS/MMS, ALT+S or ALT+P for SearchIt.
    * 5.0 Transitions

Another special feature for this theme is that the Browser card and the Twitter option are based off of device app order. This was to give people the option to have the Browser icon launch their browser of choice (built-in, BOLT, or Opera Mini), and the same for Twitter, instead of hard-coding these links. The device order works like this:

Slot 1: Weather
    Slot 2: Search
    Slot 3: Browser
    Slot 4: Twitter
    Slots 5 to 9: Dock

This theme is still in beta (it will be free either way); there are bound to be quirks. Please feel free to provide feedback. And hey, Paypal donations won't be turned away. [email protected]

Updated 3/8/2010

-Version 1.0-

* Final release.
    * Fixed the highlight for Today Area text.
    * Changed the wallpaper on the Phone call and Application list screens for improved readability.

-Version 0.99-

* Added a Search app card. This icon, like a few of the other ones, is based off of device application order so
    that you could point it to your Search app of choice.
    * As a result of the new Search icon, the slots for the device application order has changed:
    Slot 1: Weather
    Slot 2: Search
    Slot 3: Browser
    Slot 4: Twitter
    Slots 5 to 9: Dock
    * Moving down from the app cards will now go to the Dock icon as opposed to the Facebook icon.
    * Fixed the date on the homescreen from having the right side cut off.
    * Fixed a bug where moving up from the Facebook icon would activate the Videos icon.
    * Removed the navigation of moving left from the Hidden Today to the Calendar, as moving up does the same thing.

-Version 0.98-

* Darkened the text of the Today area.
    * Fixed Weather slot from not appearing properly on the Lock screen.
    * Added left / right navigation on the Today area; left will go to the Messages and right to the Calendar.
    * Menu cursor color will now match the red of other parts of the theme.
    * Fixed a graphical bug where the Twitter dock button had an icon behind it.

Download page

Screenshots:

Thanks.
    Last edited by julioangelortiz; 07-06-10 at 12:03 PM.
    02-14-10 12:57 AM
    Just checked this theme out and it looks awesome! The big scrolling icons really pop. Pretty cool idea too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 01:08 AM
    This is different. I'm gonna give it a go. I'm a tough critic but I will let you know what I think. Thanks for the theme!
    02-14-10 01:08 AM
    Wow, I do not even have a Bold but I think this looks great. Wish I had a Bold to use it.
    02-14-10 01:13 AM
    I like the idea of it. I'm a big wallpaper fanatic though. I actually make all of my own on PS and I can't seem to figure out a way to have the wallpaper show if I don't want to access the cover flow. Am I missing something or was it designed this way? It seems to stick on the messages icon. It definitely has potential and obviously you are NEVER going to please everyone- there is NO such thing as the perfect theme. Good job. I'm going to have to revisit this one after some updates possibly. Very creative though, just not for me!
    02-14-10 01:23 AM
    wow this is an amazing theme will give it a go, plus I'm old and can't see these big pics are amazing :]
    just tried it , had to follow instructions above lol, works fab, thanks for sharing this sweet theme!
    Last edited by swdoro; 02-14-10 at 08:10 AM.
    02-14-10 07:53 AM
    Lovely work julio. One suggestion though,for all of us not using twitter and facebook and would not want it to take space on the screen below can you replace those 2 with something more usable. Or if it can be customised nothing like it. Not everyone wants to have dedicated icons on homescreen for twitter and facebook. These must be optional. Thanks. Out of the world concept though.never seen before.awesome

02-14-10 09:35 AM
    Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone.

I can't take credit for coming up with the idea for this theme; it was inspired by one of Elecite's themes, Ace. I bought Ace and liked it, but was frustrated by some of the limitations I found in it (like no keyboard shortcuts for QuickLaunch, a useless Clock icon, unable to customize the Browser, etc.). To remedy that, I got into designing themes. I'll never have the artistic skill that the Elecite guys have, but I found freeware icon sites to use the graphics for the theme, and the excellent Open Source 9700 Theme collaboration thread gave me the starting point to work on themes. bCard is my second theme.

Thatton, I'll have to look at that wallpaper issue. I didn't design it not to be able to change the wallpaper; I have may have inadvertently done something wrong.

Buiomente, I guess I could port this to other devices. Don't know how hard that would be or how well this would work on a Storm (I don't have one to test). Once I get bCard tightened up, maybe I'll look at that.
    02-14-10 09:41 AM
    I don't use Facebook and only occasionally fire up Twitter so I would prefer options but I can imagine that the TEXT in those boxes is hard coded.
    02-14-10 09:58 AM
    I don't use Facebook and only occasionally fire up Twitter so I would prefer options but I can imagine that the TEXT in those boxes is hard coded.
    That is correct.

I guess I could wind up making two versions- a "social networking" version and a non-social networking one, but here's the question: instead of Twitter / Facebook, what should be in their place?
    02-14-10 10:07 AM
    Graet theme. I've seen the theme that gave you inspiration for this, but you've still come up with something nice. I don't use twitter or facebook much either. Maybe BBM could be one replacement.
    02-14-10 11:35 AM
    That is correct.

I guess I could wind up making two versions- a "social networking" version and a non-social networking one, but here's the question: instead of Twitter / Facebook, what should be in their place?
    Well, what are the "universal" apps that almost everyone uses? I would guess the Browser would be one? Maybe the "generic all email" one? Calendar and/or Contacts?

Too bad you can't grab the NAME from the icon. Having tried opening the theme creator app about 4 times and being totally lost, I commend you for anything you create.
    02-14-10 11:41 AM
    Looks ill!!!
    02-14-10 11:57 AM
    I changed wallpapers on it no problem, also I love the twitter and facebook, glad I got it before you change it up. LOVE THIS THEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's awkward when people want you to change things up when you offer this for free, just saying.
    02-14-10 12:58 PM
    Looks good. You may want to change the font color of the hidden today. White text on top of the white icons is hard to read.

I can't get to the Twitter icon. I can roll to Facebook, then it skips to Profiles. Odd.
    Last edited by ed325i; 02-14-10 at 08:25 PM.
    02-14-10 01:08 PM
    I use the twitter slot for google maps. Put whatever app u want in that slot and it works. I think what they meant about the wallpaper is that u can barely see it cause the cards are always showing.
    I think a great fix would be to remove the dock and make it to where selecting that brings up the cards. I don't know if that possible though.
    I love this theme
    02-14-10 04:35 PM
    I was about to say... this reminds me of the Ace theme I have too. Glad to see a bit more functionality though. Great job!

02-14-10 04:50 PM
    very sweet gunna give it a go. gracias amigo
    02-14-10 06:49 PM
    Thanks again for all the positive feedback.

I have released an update, version 0.98. OTA link updated in the first post of this thread.

Changes / Fixes:

* Darkened the text of the Today area.
    * Fixed Weather slot from not appearing properly on the Lock screen.
    * Added left / right navigation on the Today area; left will go to the Messages and right to the Calendar.
    * Menu cursor color will now match the red of other parts of the theme.
    * Fixed a graphical bug where the Twitter dock button had an icon behind it.
    02-14-10 08:39 PM
    Great theme!!!thanks!!
    02-14-10 09:00 PM
    This theme, looks amazing..when will it be out of beta? Your work just gets better and better..
    02-14-10 09:23 PM
    This theme, looks amazing..when will it be out of beta? Your work just gets better and better..
    Thanks! It probably won't be in beta much longer... I wanted to get some feedback and work out any kinks first. Probably later this week the "1.0" release will go out. I may add some more keyboard shortcuts or app cards by then, I don't know.
    02-14-10 11:01 PM
    If I had a suggestion, it would be to have (instead of the Music and Video separate) a single Media button and an SMS/MMS button - a lot of people keep them separate from Messages.

Nice theme all the way around.
    02-15-10 01:09 AM
    That is correct.

BB Messenger could be one and music player or settings could be the 2nd.
    02-15-10 02:43 AM
    Love the update. I have an idea that will keep the people who use wallpapers happy. Add a blank card slot on the far left or right, or both. That way when someone wanted to see their wallpaper and not the cards. All they have to do is scroll through them. Just an idea.
    02-15-10 04:23 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD