CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Win 7 64 bit USB driver?

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 on my laptop, got the new BlackBerry Manager, and downloaded the latest official OS. The OS recognizes a connected device but can't find a driver; I googled it and I can't either. I made a Bluetooth connection, but the BlackBerry Manager stalls at the beginning, waiting for a USB connection. This isn't my first BB OS upgrade rodeo, but it is my first time with Windows 7 64 bit. Anyone else have this problem and find a driver or workaround?

I am using a 9700 (AT&T).

Best regards,
    Charlie V

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    PIN
    2160E222

Sorry to hear...I just got windows 7(64 bit) no problems whatsoever syncing...Did nothing but plugged it in.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I just got a new PC with Win7 64bit installed on it. So far, it will do everything except upgrade the OS. I've used DM to back up the device as well as to back up the third party apps. When I tried to install the .442 upgrade, it won't acknowledge the new OS that I installed on the PC. I have read that some people were having issues with installing this one, so I'll pass for now.

Maybe better luck on the next one...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    PIN
    2160E222

I upgraded my 9000 on my W7 64bit....I haven't tried with the 9700.....
    CrackBerry Abuser

W7 64bit works fine with USB connection for me. Haven't tried BT, but remember it may also be the bluetooth drivers for machine you are using it on as well, not just the BB connection drivers. Have you tried other BT connections?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

Using Win 7 64bit here with my Bold 9700 w/ ATT and I had no probs either, just plugged in and went, even updated my OS no probs. Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cad.monkey View Post
    I just got a new PC with Win7 64bit installed on it. So far, it will do everything except upgrade the OS. I've used DM to back up the device as well as to back up the third party apps. When I tried to install the .442 upgrade, it won't acknowledge the new OS that I installed on the PC. I have read that some people were having issues with installing this one, so I'll pass for now.

try disconnecting from the internet before launching Desktop Manager
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,924 Global Posts
    PIN
    7ADFBC83

Originally Posted by cad.monkey

Quote Originally Posted by TheComebackKidd View Post
    try disconnecting from the internet before launching Desktop Manager

You have to do this. Unplug internet.........Used to happen to me on XP as well. I have to do this every time.